Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
May 26, 2019, 02:09:48 AM

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adventurous 4x4 Giveaway - RE 3.5" TJ Lift (Dec 2010)  (Read 7806 times)
DryBones
Forum User
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:12:11 AM »

Thanks to dumb luck I won the Rubicon Express lift during the December drawing. It took me too long to get it installed and there was even a time I thought about giving it back to the club for someone else to use. We had thoughts of trading in the Jeep for something more capable of towing but things happened that changed my mind. February 5th I received a PM from Ramphog. Just asking how I was doing with the lift, no pressure or anything just curious about how I was doing. How I was doing? The more I hear about this guy the more I am amazed at what a great person he was. Fast forward to Dave's Memorial at the Apple House with Nick talking about how excited Dave was about giving stuff away...BIG STUFF! Well this lift is a pretty big ticket item! I knew at that point that I had to keep the lift and install it, there is a karma thing going on here.

After getting my tax return I went about ordering tires and rims. Bought 15x8 Black Rock D windows and Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 33x12.50x15. Wanting to have this lift ready by Dave's run up to Flagpole I opted to have it installed by High Tech rather than wait until into April to try and get a wrenching party going. I dropped it off Friday and it was installed same day! Looks great and rides great and I am so glad my wife and I decided to keep the Jeep now!

I want to give some big shout outs to all the sponsors that I worked with to make this happen!

FIRST and foremost to Randy at Adventurous 4x4 for donating the lift to the club in the first place! Without Randy's generous contribution none of this would have been possible.

Thanks also to Jack from Gulch Gear for convincing me to add the adjustable front trackbar instead of remounting the OEM bar. Superfast turnaround on the order as well!

Bobby and the boys at High Tech for doing a superb job on the install and dealing with my stupid commuting issues getting all the parts to and from the shop. I believe Joey did the install so I know it was done right!

All of these sponsors have been super to deal with and I would recommend that all members and nonmembers alike support them in any future purchases. I know I will!

Lastly I want to give thanks to Dave and Nick and the Vendor Relations committee for working with all the sponsors to make things like this possible. I know in the current economy this is a difficult taske to get donations and without their drive and determination none of this would be possible.

Now on with a few pics. As I didn't do the install I have no technical write up just some before and afters.

BEFORE

AFTER

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:25:13 PM by unl1mtd »

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:25:29 AM »

That lift looks really good with the wheels and tires. Good call on keeping it.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
REL1203
Forum User
Manassas, VA
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:28:34 AM »

Looks great Jason, i really like it... Good job all around

vitalesyj
Forum User
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:44:50 AM »

Looks good! Thumbs Up

Damon Vitale
93 YJ Battle Green
cococj
Forum User
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 09:23:24 AM »

Very Nice!!!

06 LJ RUBI, 98 XJ, 15 JKU RUBI, 17 JK RUBI
subsonic
Forum User
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 09:28:58 AM »

Looks Good!

BirdsFanVa
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:41:37 AM »

Jason, your Jeep looks bad buns brother!

I am so happy you got it installed and also really glad that you trusted our other club vendors to help you finish up getting this great donation from Adventurous 4x4 installed. 

This is exactly the kind of change that made Dave so excited about this program! Dave truly was concerned, he talked to me before calling you to make sure I was ok with you getting an extension so we wouldn't put a financial burden on somebody in tough times.  He really was worried about that. 

I think it is awesome.  Glad you mare the choice you did and glad we got to see your stocker turn into a "bad azz Jeep", as Ramp would call it.

Thanks and congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubbydoo
Forum User
Richmond VA 91 Comanche
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 10:15:57 AM »

looks good dude

RedJK
Forum User
Alexandria, VA
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »

That looks awesome!  Great job!  Thumbs Up

TF 2.5" Coil Lift, Bilstein 5100 Shocks | Duratrac 315/70/17s | Spidertrax Wheel Spacers | LoD Front Bumper w/skid | XRC Rear Bumper w/carrier | Poison Spyder Evap Canister Skid | Rancho Oil Pan Skid | Riddler Diff Covers | Hella Black Magics | Smittybilt XRC 8 Comp Winch
rocknrubi04
Forum User
TJ Rubicons Rule
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »

Looks good, other that the white letters on your tires on the outside Mr. Green
Brett

JEEPIN J
Member 2018
Richmond, VA
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 12:22:32 PM »

looks good man! LJ's look way too small stock, it has a nice stance now.

97 TJ 35s & the like
Build on NVJA
Build on JF
DryBones
Forum User
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 12:36:35 PM »

Brett

too much black with the black center caps. That's why I put the white letters out. Was going to go black lug nuts too but might leave it the way it is.

rocknrubi04
Forum User
TJ Rubicons Rule
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »

Brett

too much black with the black center caps. That's why I put the white letters out. Was going to go black lug nuts too but might leave it the way it is.

Just jokin,
Looks good

TR_
Purcellville, VA
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 01:34:46 PM »

nice! congrats

Trevor 93 YJ  95 YJ
ogre45
Member 2019
Winchester,VA
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »

Looking good!