Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 13, 2019, 07:29:05 AM

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manley ORV Explore  (Read 43284 times)
jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2016, 08:55:41 PM »

I bought some Monstaliner from a member here, and had been trying to get it done, but kept being busy or stupid hot. I had the realization that with a trip planned for next Thursday, that I better get going if I wanted it to get done and cured properly. With that in mind, I spent Sunday night taping off everything, and Monday afternoon doing a lot of sanding and prep work:

Once I got it all done and kids to bed, my loving wife who is far better at painting than me, rolled up her sleeves and started painting. Thanks to warm weather and 90% plus humidity, it only took about an hour for the first coat to dry and be ready for coat number two. We started around 9:30 and were finished up by 11:30, and gave the garage an hour of venting time with the blower fan on high.

Here it is as soon as we were done and tape pulled, but second coat was still wet:

Here it is the next day after fully drying:

I'm very pleased with the results, it has a nice texture and isn't too rough. It says ready for light use after 24-48 hours and fully cured for heavy use in 7 days. I figure I won't be loading it until next week for the trip, so it should be ready to roll by then.

Jeff

2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, Warn winch, otherwise mostly stock
2004 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 2" lift, Moab wheels, 265/75/16 Wildpeak AT3W's, ZJ V8 steering upgrade
JEEPIN J
Member 2018
Richmond, VA
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2016, 09:10:13 PM »

Looks good I think you'll be happy with the Monstaliner

97 TJ 35s & the like
Build on NVJA
Build on JF
jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2016, 10:14:50 PM »

Looks good I think you'll be happy with the Monstaliner

Thanks, me too. I know I'm happy with the cost over spray in Smile

Jeff

2004 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 2" lift, Moab wheels, 265/75/16 Wildpeak AT3W's, ZJ V8 steering upgrade
jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »

I've been wanting to add solar options to my power box to allow for charging when camping without having to use the Jeep. Recently I ordered a Renogy 100W panel and Ctek D250S dual charger. The Ctek will allow me to replace my existing Toad Charger for vehicle charging and incorporate the solar as well. It also will boost the charge as high as 20A, which should make charging faster.

Here's the setup inside now:

I also added an extra waterproof high current socket for hooking up the panel below my normal outlets. I also wanted a quick visual check, so I added a voltmeter as well so I can check the battery voltage at a glance:

Jeff

karls10jk
Forum User
Re:
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2016, 08:15:49 PM »

This little thing is awesome!! I think we'd all like to have something like it but you've got one.

On the liner- if it's anything like the Raptor liner then you'll want to maximize the time that you allow it to air out, even if you think it's "ok". It stinks like all get out for a while.

jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2016, 10:41:56 PM »

This little thing is awesome!! I think we'd all like to have something like it but you've got one.

On the liner- if it's anything like the Raptor liner then you'll want to maximize the time that you allow it to air out, even if you think it's "ok". It stinks like all get out for a while.

Thanks, I appreciate it Smile

So speaking of the liner...we went to Mid Atlantic Overland Festival weekend before last. The bag with my clothes and my oldest son's clothes ended up in the Jeep, My wife's and youngest's were in the trailer. We got home to sort laundry and she smelled a couple pieces, and promptly informed me that whole bag smelled like Monstaliner and would need washing. I guess the week plus of it sitting in my garage open to air out wasn't quite enough, especially after it spent 3 days being subjected to 90+ degree temps and baking in the sun all closed up.

Jeff

jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2016, 10:38:56 AM »

Someone asked on Expedition Portal if I had updated my wiring diagram for the changes, so I figured I would add it here as well. Diagram has been updated to reflect the latest changes:

Addition of solar
Addition of 2 extra 12V outlets
Addition of voltmeter
Addition of trailer brakes and backup battery for those
Replacement of Toad Charge with Ctek D250S
Moving inverter behind cutoff switch to prevent any parasitic draw

Jeff

justjeeps
Forum User
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »

Did you sell the Gecko?

overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2017, 10:23:16 PM »

Did you sell the Gecko?

yep, shes gone...

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »

So in late January I picked up a used CVT Batwing awning. I finally figured out the mounting recently from someone who turned me on to the Adventure Trailer awning brackets. I finally got them and did the install today. It's nice because I can keep it low for transport and then raise it up when I setup camp.

Jeff

jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »

Part of the Batwing project was to build a table that would attach to the trailer for general use while under the awning. I took the idea of the Adventure Trailer table and adapted it to fit my Manley. It ended up being 4' wide and fits inside the trailer nicely when not in use. I also used a couple holes in the fender and used knobs through the holes that tighten into the T-nuts I installed into the table.

Initial Rough Cut of table:

Sanded down and holes drilled for T-nuts:

First test fit on the trailer and marking the fender holes:

Hole plugs I used to fill the fender holes when the table is not in use:

Testing the final product:

Stored in the trailer:

Jeff

Bunks-tj
Forum User
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2019, 09:46:49 AM »

Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Tj with a BB and 33x1250 bfg ko's SOLD
1967 M416 trailer under SLOW reconstruction
jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2019, 09:39:16 PM »

As much as we have loved this trailer, the time has come to sell it and move to a different setup. For sale ad is below, feeel free to contact with any questions or if you’re interested in seeing it:

http://www.novajeepers.net/index.php?topic=31167

Jeff

Bunks-tj
Forum User
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2019, 09:46:13 PM »

Best of luck friend.  Whoever buys this is getting a hell of a machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Tj with a BB and 33x1250 bfg ko's SOLD
1967 M416 trailer under SLOW reconstruction
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: