Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
November 17, 2019, 12:13:00 AM

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Runners Build Take Two - Project Kids Jeep  (Read 27298 times)
drekalots
Member 2019
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2019, 04:36:36 PM »

Looks good!!

--
2015 JKU-S
Runner
Member 2019
« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2019, 09:36:38 PM »

Adam,

I've done a couple of these and never actually documented it because I assumed it was already covered elsewhere.  FWIW, the main reason I did the mod is to eliminate the annoying 4.0L hot start issue (i.e. engine stumbling when you start it after short stops).  I've never experienced any issues like Frank mentioned, but my Jeep is so noisy I'm not sure I could hear it anyway. 

I can't get to it now, but will try to pull some information together over the next week.  In the mean time, here's a link that gives a little more detail.  The hardest part of the entire project is getting the firewall hole placement correct.

Rich

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/cowl-intake-windstar-air-box-566973/index2.html   

2004 LJ, 1999 TJ Sporticon - "Owning a Jeep is a sickness. However, it's one I'll gladly endure!"
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2019
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2019, 07:47:16 AM »

Adam,

I've done a couple of these and never actually documented it because I assumed it was already covered elsewhere.  FWIW, the main reason I did the mod is to eliminate the annoying 4.0L hot start issue (i.e. engine stumbling when you start it after short stops).  I've never experienced any issues like Frank mentioned, but my Jeep is so noisy I'm not sure I could hear it anyway. 

I can't get to it now, but will try to pull some information together over the next week.  In the mean time, here's a link that gives a little more detail.  The hardest part of the entire project is getting the firewall hole placement correct.

Rich

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/cowl-intake-windstar-air-box-566973/index2.html   

Thanks. Found the install writeup in the link above! I shall post the lengthy writeup below for all to reference.

Quote from: JeepForum

The write up is

get windstar airbox from junkyard
cut a hole in the firewall
cut stock box
tighten screws

WWW Logged

2002 TJ Sport
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam
Runner
Member 2019
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2019, 10:51:39 AM »

My wife now refers to this as project "do over", but I think I'm going to call it "whiplash".    Duh  A sick child at home has slowed progress, but I'm closing in on wrapping it up.  Progress thus far is:

- stock front and rear bumpers are back on
 - stock gas tank skid is back in;
 - Dana 30/35 combo is in place
 - stock control arms are back on
 - new H&R 1" springs are in place
 - stock shocks are back on and
 - a super nice set of stock Rubicon wheels, with like new 31" tires are on

2004 LJ, 1999 TJ Sporticon - "Owning a Jeep is a sickness. However, it's one I'll gladly endure!"
Osiris
Forum User
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2019, 12:22:05 PM »

I've never seen H&R springs before. How do you like them?

Bobby

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry

Runner
Member 2019
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2019, 05:18:41 PM »

This is the second set I've had and they are a quality German made spring.  They ride nicely, being just a little stiffer, are thicker than the stock springs and aren't as susceptible to sagging.  They're only available in a 1" lift, but they also help take some of the factory TJ rake out.  It's a great alternative, if you want to run 31" tires.

https://www.amazon.com/H-R-52107-Sport-Spring/dp/B00C7M0NRO

Osiris
Forum User
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2019, 05:41:15 PM »

This is the second set I've had and they are a quality German made spring.  They ride nicely, being just a little stiffer, are thicker than the stock springs and aren't as susceptible to sagging.  They're only available in a 1" lift, but they also help take some of the factory TJ rake out.  It's a great alternative, if you want to run 31" tires.

https://www.amazon.com/H-R-52107-Sport-Spring/dp/B00C7M0NRO

Ahh crap. I was hoping for 2"+ I need to replace my old worn out springs and shocks. They look nice though!

Bobby

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: