Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 11, 2017, 07:26:19 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally doing one of these...  (Read 1410 times)
drekalots
Member 2017
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2017, 03:58:13 PM »

So spent the morning working on the air system for the Jeep and have come up with the following questions:

1. I'm running front and rear ARB lockers. When I engage the compressor it turns on and builds up the pressure. Once I engage the rear locker I hear the compressor turn on again and then shuts off. It continues to cycle periodically though. Is that normal?
2. I'm still troubleshooting my front locker. It has an air leak somewhere. I've removed the solenoid from the manifold and re-taped every fitting from the manifold to the axle. It's still leaking. When I engage the front locker you can hear a high pitched whining sound coming from the front solenoid.

Two tings...Once the pressure is built, it should not need any additional once the locker is engaged so you have a leak somewhere.  Also, you should not have your locker on for a period of time that it needs to rebuild pressure (turn on if needed on an obstacle, turn off once through it).  Could be a pinhole leak in the line, get stainless steel lines if you don't have them already. 

These are stainless lines. Fresh install. Never seen trail use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaye
Member 2017
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2017, 04:45:06 PM »

Fantastic looking build.

I'm not playing hard to get, I'm playing hard to want.
drekalots
Member 2017
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2017, 06:08:31 PM »

Fantastic looking build.

Thanks!!

drekalots
Member 2017
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 03:50:17 PM »

I took the Jeep in for an alignment today. Much needed after that swap. Lol.

jdavis2nd
Club Vice President
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 10:12:49 AM »

You might want to adjust your control arms, that caster is way off. You should be able to get it close enough just using an angle finder app on your phone.

drekalots
Member 2017
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 10:16:14 AM »

You might want to adjust your control arms, that caster is way off. You should be able to get it close enough just using an angle finder app on your phone.

Control arms are stock with the AEV geo brackets. The lift is an AEV 2.5”.

jdavis2nd
Club Vice President
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 10:22:54 AM »

Control arms are stock with the AEV geo brackets. The lift is an AEV 2.5”.

Oh...I've never used the geo brackets but I believe there are other holes you can use to adjust. Kind of surprised its that far off with the brackets.

Silversurfer
Member 2017
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 02:41:25 PM »

The brackets should have a few holes in them for adjustability.  Castor should be in the 4-4.5 range but it varies.

2010 JK
1992 YJ
Black Goat Off-Road
drekalots
Member 2017
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2017, 07:41:17 PM »

Installed the new stabilizer. So far its working nicely. I had the alignment done at a dealership in Frederick and they left all the nuts loose. Everything was banging around. I got that squared away but the steering wheel is still off. Opting for a second alignment at an independent shop in Martinsburg this week.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: