Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
November 19, 2017, 12:10:37 AM

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comanche Budget Build (pic heavy)  (Read 2396 times)
frAnkin_ruBi
Forum User
Near P-ville
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2017, 12:40:02 PM »

Update. It seems like photobucket no longer provides free embedding so I just finished moving all my photos and updated this thread. Also just finished coating the interior cab with POR15.

Also installed the new gauge cluster that replaces the idiot lights. Unfortunately couldn't find out why the tach didn't work for several weeks until I looked underneath the Jeep and found out that the crank position sensor was held in with electrical tape. Need to order a new one, but the temp fix I did is holding up so far. Could this be the reason the trans get's all funky with shifting?

WWW Logged

2005 Rubicon - Clayton 5.5" LA lift not enough armor

frAnkin_ruBi
Forum User
Near P-ville
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 08:02:26 AM »

I know it's been a while since I've last posted. I had to sell off a few things for the baby that's coming next month. With that said I've made progress yesterday and today. Got the power windows to work finally! And this morning I finally found some seat brackets and snagged them up quick and cheap.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4qEM04ksMNY?rel=0&amp;controls=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Only downside was I accidentally fried the window switch circuit for the power locks while wiring the reverse polarity relays. Such a PITA, but at least I found the issue.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 08:05:37 AM by frAnkin_ruBi »

WWW Logged

frAnkin_ruBi
Forum User
Near P-ville
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »

Update on the first page

WWW Logged

unl1mtd
BOD
King George, VA
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 09:57:09 PM »

Nice score on the bucket seat brackets. That's was a big moment with my old MJ. Being able to ditch the bench for buckets and a center console made it feel like a new vehicle.  Grab a Wrench!

frAnkin_ruBi
Forum User
Near P-ville
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 08:37:56 AM »

Nice score on the bucket seat brackets. That's was a big moment with my old MJ. Being able to ditch the bench for buckets and a center console made it feel like a new vehicle.  Grab a Wrench!

That is does. The bench that was in it originally was broken so it was even more uncomfortable when I first got it. Now it's night and day difference.

WWW Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: