Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 16, 2017, 02:14:38 AM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serenity 2.0 Build  (Read 517 times)
Dynamic
Member 2017
« on: August 12, 2017, 11:30:47 AM »

Long Story sold my First JK about 2 years back 11 JKU Rubicon.. it was s silly mistake for the right reasons i thought at the time,  I had to live with  Duh

18 months later Got Tried of not having a jeep considered buying a project jeep spent some time looking around, then Circumstances Lined up and things worked out so sold the truck and
Bought a new 2017  JKU Rubicon Recon!  Cheers

Now I gotta start all over but I learned a lot from the last one so I will do things differently on this one, not so many changes and buying cheap stuff to bide time, gotta use patience and do it right the first time.  Grab a Wrench!

Day of Purchase

Lift and Tires wont go on till i make a decision and Circa Feb 2018 (Tax Return / Birthday Splurge)  Till then, lots of the other stuff
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:28:33 PM by Dynamic »

2011 JKU Rubicon Project "Serenity" -> SOLD
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon Serenity 2.0
Dynamic
Member 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:40:11 AM »

I have several Odds and ends left over from my last build so i started tossing some stuff on  First had to make sure it was lab approved

Check Tag it as Such

And a few things around the house / console pad / Stubby Antenna Daystar Hood Latches Ect ect

Dynamic
Member 2017
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 11:47:00 AM »

Less than a week later i ended up with some Friends at the PA Jeeps Show in York, got a ton of ideas but fell in love with the CMM Grab handles So Left with their complete setup to include Mirrors

DoorLess Test

I have plenty of assorted Ram Mounts lying around so testing with the phone mounted up there, not a big fan will leave it for the go pro

While i was there we did a little backroad exploring and got her in the dirt a bit and then got the windows Tinted

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:29:20 PM by Dynamic »

Dynamic
Member 2017
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:54:04 AM »

Next This last weekend i visted my parents where alot of my jeep stuff had been stored.  So i spent some time on getting the essentials back in order got a basic toolbag re-organized and found my recovery bag

Then Got basic some basic coms back up and running

And Redid The Re-end by relocating the Plate W/Light and Adding a Firestick Antenna, with a basic tune but still have to take it in to get properly tuned.  

Also mounted a PA horn that was in my box of CB parts..  So that's fun  Twisted Evil while i was putting that Temp in the front bumper i removed the stubbies and a fun sticker

unl1mtd
BOD
King George, VA
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 01:07:23 PM »

Nice to have you back! Jeep looks nice, I like the Dino sticker.

Osiris
Member 2017
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 10:59:57 AM »

Looks great Chris! I love the front bumper

Bobby

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry

Dynamic
Member 2017
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 10:23:56 AM »

Thanks guys!

I have never not swapped the exhaust on any vehicle I have owned so this happened over the weekend Flowmaster Cat back system and I gotta say I love the fit and finish and the location over the old Dynomax system I had.

Pipe Comparison

This isn't the best picture but it tucks around everything and actually over the rear Sway bar. It looks like its sitting on it but once everything was tightened down there is a good half inch between them

Tip Comes out Just barely Under the bumper I will hit a few other things long before the exhaust hits

DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 10:40:45 AM »

Thanks guys!

I have never not swapped the exhaust on any vehicle I have owned so this happened over the weekend Flowmaster Cat back system and I gotta say I love the fit and finish and the location over the old Dynomax system I had.

Tip Comes out Just barely Under the bumper I will hit a few other things long before the exhaust hits

I think it looks great!!  But I have a question for you, and I am not trying to be a negative nancy, but with the pipe ending where it does on your bumper, is there any chance it gets hot enough to melt the bumper cover?  Just curious!  Dunno?

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear with tire carrier).
Dynamic
Member 2017
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 11:04:45 AM »

I think it looks great!!  But I have a question for you, and I am not trying to be a negative nancy, but with the pipe ending where it does on your bumper, is there any chance it gets hot enough to melt the bumper cover?  Just curious!  Dunno?

Not negative nancy at all!   It does point down so I am not sure how much of an overall problem it would be

That said the recon has the Hardrock Bumpers which are steel so not worried about them melting  Thumbs Up

highlandercj-7
Member 2017
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 12:33:28 PM »

I love it. How does it sound?

HighlanderCJ-7
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: