Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 11, 2017, 07:39:50 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yj seats  (Read 183 times)
overhead
Member 2017
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« on: August 12, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »

I hate hate hate my Smittybilt xrc seats. They don't last in the color they are. The bolsters have collapsed. The harness holders are weak. I don't like the height I don't like the way they raise me up. Ive fallen out of love with them.

I'ce narrowed my search to the corbeau moabs or the Baja xrs. Anyone have them and want me to buy you a beer to sit in em? Or other options in that range would be good to look at and try? 

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
dave2002ti
Member 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 09:59:42 AM »

If they are still in business for Corbeau and other seats try motorsportseats.com they have great prices.

Please make sure you sit in any seat you are going to purchase.  I have friends who didnt and didnt fit in their big buck Sparco race seats.

I am not a big guy but my thighs just dont fit comfortably in many seats especially Euro seats

Take a look at Cobra. Depending on your budget Recaro

Dave Apker

cmason164
Member 2017
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »

I hate hate hate my Smittybilt xrc seats. They don't last in the color they are. The bolsters have collapsed. The harness holders are weak. I don't like the height I don't like the way they raise me up. Ive fallen out of love with them.

I'ce narrowed my search to the corbeau moabs or the Baja xrs. Anyone have them and want me to buy you a beer to sit in em? Or other options in that range would be good to look at and try?
I had the Corbeau Baja in my 91 YJ....For about a week..I didn't like them, the side bolsters dug in to my hips. I'm a little larger than average, 6'2", 275. I ended up getting the PRP daily driver. They are awesome! Much higher quality than Corbeau. Available in about a million different color and fabric combinations, and the same price. I went with extra wide and extra tall which cost a little more, but they are far superior to the Corbeau I had.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”― Hunter S. Thompson
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: