Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
November 19, 2017, 12:10:16 AM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Labor Day Weekend - AOAA  (Read 805 times)
sauza
Member 2017
16 JKU Hard Rock, 17 WK2, 05 KJ, 97 TJ, 76 CJ5
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:56:26 AM »

Hi!  we are going up to PA laborday weekend.   Currently i know its me and bps_lj with lifted LJ.  The current plan is to wheel with him Sat/Sun @ AOAA (AOAA Blue =~ Rausch Blue-Black).  

I dont know exactly what we are doing, i'm assuming it will be like Barney Rubble, Twister, Bam Bam, Pebbles, BA, Muddy Shackle, Bucket, Wiskey Ridge, Fern Ridge, Potatoe Chip Hill, that sort of stuff.  Comparing to Rausch (if anyone only knows RC, and wants to do some AOAA with us), i think its pretty similar to 20 (black), 13B (purple), 21 (blue) , Roxie's Way (purple).   pretty good size rock gardens between tight trees.

Kimberly and I will be at trail head campground tent camping (its attached to AOAA, like 60 second drive :P), i think the camp ground is nicer than camping at Rausch.  LJ will be camping in Hampton Inn  :P

Sat 9/1: AOAA
1. Sauza  (jeep) - Camping @Trailhead
2. Kobert (co-pilot) - Camping @Trailhead
3. BPS_LJ (jeep) - "Camping" at Hampton Inn Pine Grove
4. Moe ( Coal region outsiders  ) jeep
5. Kathy ( Coal region outsiders) jeep

Sun 9/2: AOAA
3. BPS_LJ (jeep) - "Camping" at Hampton Inn Pine Grove

Mon 9/3: AOAA
3. Moe ( Coal region outsiders ) jeep
4. Kathy ( Coal region outsiders) jeep
5.. 8. Coal region outsiders
9. Random JKU where his buds no show

Camp Ground: http://www.trailheadcampground.com/
AOAA: http://www.aoaatrails.com/

Sauza & Kobert are in Tent Site 115.

Thanks!

-Nathan
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:09:09 AM by sauza »

Kobert
Member 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 06:05:45 AM »

Camp sites are filling up fast at AOAA, they are $20/night and pretty nice.  We just finished an awesome weekend there.  Come out and join us at AOAA if you like the blues at AOAA are more like the blacks at Rausch so be ready for some fun!

And they have some hard greens/easy blues that are fun as well.

BPS_LJ
Member 2017
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 06:44:39 AM »

Hi!  we are going up to PA laborday weekend.   Currently i know its me and friend with lifted LJ.  The current plan is to wheel with him Sat/Sun @ AOAA (AOAA Blue =~ Rausch Blue-Black).  We are still looking for someone to wheel with Monday at either Rausch or AOAA.  Obviously we would totally be fine people joining us Saturday/Sunday too.

I dont know exactly what we are doing, i'm assuming it will be like Barney Rubble, Twister, Bam Bam, Pebbles, BA, Muddy Shackle, Bucket, Wiskey Ridge, Fern Ridge, Potatoe Chip Hill, that sort of stuff.  Comparing to Rausch (if anyone only knows RC, and wants to do some AOAA with us), i think its pretty similar to 20 (black), 13B (purple), 21 (blue) , Roxie's Way (purple).   pretty good size rock gardens between tight trees.

Kimberly and I will be at trail head campground tent camping (its attached to AOAA, like 60 second drive :P), i think the camp ground is nicer than camping at Rausch.  LJ will be camping in Hampton Inn  :P

Thanks!

-Nathan

Friend huh.. can't use my name.. I feel so used...

Also.. My campsite has a hot shower and A/C... also a place to leave my doors.. lol...

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
sauza
Member 2017
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 06:49:23 AM »

Hi!  we are going up to PA laborday weekend.   Currently i know its me and friend with lifted LJ.  The current plan is to wheel with him Sat/Sun @ AOAA (AOAA Blue =~ Rausch Blue-Black).  We are still looking for someone to wheel with Monday at either Rausch or AOAA.  Obviously we would totally be fine people joining us Saturday/Sunday too.

I dont know exactly what we are doing, i'm assuming it will be like Barney Rubble, Twister, Bam Bam, Pebbles, BA, Muddy Shackle, Bucket, Wiskey Ridge, Fern Ridge, Potatoe Chip Hill, that sort of stuff.  Comparing to Rausch (if anyone only knows RC, and wants to do some AOAA with us), i think its pretty similar to 20 (black), 13B (purple), 21 (blue) , Roxie's Way (purple).   pretty good size rock gardens between tight trees.

Kimberly and I will be at trail head campground tent camping (its attached to AOAA, like 60 second drive :P), i think the camp ground is nicer than camping at Rausch.  LJ will be camping in Hampton Inn  :P

Thanks!

-Nathan

Friend huh.. can't use my name.. I feel so used...

Also.. My campsite has a hot shower and A/C... also a place to leave my doors.. lol...

The forum name was to hard to remember so I'll just call u titos.

Nathan

BPS_LJ
Member 2017
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 06:59:11 AM »

I can live with that...  Cheers

sauza
Member 2017
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »

Our jeep friends in PA saved our Labor Day and will jeep with us Labor Day.

Please let me know if anyone else wants to join us.  Looks like 3-4 jeeps doing AOAA blue ( = Rausch blacks )

Was really hoping to jeep with more club people this summer but seems like everyone either isn't jeeping or just stealth jeeping.

Nathan

sauza
Member 2017
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 09:11:48 PM »

AOAA / trailhead camp ground if no one has seen it before.  This is a standard tent site.  The trailer sites are much bigger.

sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 10:17:02 AM »

Looks good! Hopefully the rain doesn't spoil your fun

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
sauza
Member 2017
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 12:09:04 PM »

Stopping for lunch, fern ridge and most blue rock gardens on west heading east

sauza
Member 2017
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 04:55:39 PM »

We also got in most of the blues on the north side of eastern reserve.  No casualties to report.

Sunday we will focus on south east part of park.  Barney Rubble, bam bam, pebbles, twister, whiskey ridge and other AOAA blue ( rausch black ) trails.  If anyone wants to join us let us know.

Nathan

BPS_LJ
Member 2017
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 11:12:16 AM »

Fun day.. even with the rain it was better than being at home.. Sunday was quite interesting to start... Sauza tried to get me killed...  Very Mad Very Mad ... ok.. maybe an overstatement.. but still a fun day.

sauza
Member 2017
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 10:54:32 PM »

Labor Day I lead the local clubs run, "Coal Region Outsiders".  We kept it pretty simple with AOAA green/blue ( about Rausch blue / blue black ).  We hit mostly west side and a little east.  2 mechanical issues and only couple spots where I had to spot almost all the jeeps.  Below are some pictures.

We also learns about the AOAA annual pass that is priced at about 5 days of jeeping.  This makes it much more attractive to wheel more frequently.

Over the entire three day weekend I think there was only one or two times any of the groups needed a strap or winch everything went pretty smooth.

DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 07:36:36 AM »

Looks like a great time!!  Thanks for sharing the pictures!!  Thumbs Up

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear with tire carrier).
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: