Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
October 17, 2017, 09:05:56 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JKU Budget Boost for my Wife  (Read 244 times)
Shag Ryd
Member 2017
« on: October 03, 2017, 06:28:55 AM »

I am hoping to put together a wrenching party  Grab a Wrench! to install a Quadratec Budget Boost lift on my wife's 2013 JKU.  I have not messed with a JK before, so if there is anyone that is willing to help I would really appreciate it.  Instructions say 3-4 hours and I think I have all the tools needed, but additional larger sockets (17mm-21mm) and an additional battery operated impact gun and drill would probably speed things up.

This will be held in Ashburn, probably in later October or early November.  I would love to do it this coming Monday (10/9) as it is Columbus Day, but I don't think I currently have that day off.  I will provide lunch and beverages.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Mike O'

If you dig it, do it...if you really dig  it, do it twice.
Mikewills
Member 2017
^^I got your mall crawler on 37s^^
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 09:47:03 AM »

Hey Mike.  Is that the kit that comes with the spring spacers and shock extenders?  Iím close by and have done 5-6, not counting my own a couple times...lol.  I can bring over the tools you donít have.

Shag Ryd
Member 2017
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:07:11 PM »

It does have the spacers, but I actually paid for the replacement shocks. So no extensions.  I really appreciate the help. I will check with the wife and see if I can plan a time that works.  Is there any weekend in October that doesn't work for you?

Mikewills
Member 2017
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:55:24 PM »

It does have the spacers, but I actually paid for the replacement shocks. So no extensions.  I really appreciate the help. I will check with the wife and see if I can plan a time that works.  Is there any weekend in October that doesn't work for you?

Cool...gotta disconnect the shock lower, sway bar end links and brake line mounts to get enough droop to pull the springs anyways.  Itís the control arms, track bar and swapping brake lines that make the job take longer.  I just PMíd you with my cell.

JKrazy
Member 2017
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 10:32:43 PM »

Let me know when you guys do the work.  I may be able to swing by and join ya.   Thumbs Up

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
Shag Ryd
Member 2017
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 11:37:15 AM »

So amazingly enough with a solid break in the rain yesterday, and the awesome work of two Mike's we were able to install my wife's lift.  And in around 2 hours.

Thanks again for all the help.  It was great wrenching last night!

#powerof3mikes

Mikewills
Member 2017
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 12:52:25 PM »

I had a great time and we made quick work of the lift. 

Dajanx
Member 2017
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »

Good deal, thanks for the help with that tie rod. There is always that one bolt that gives problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'98 TJ Sahara
'15 JKU Sport
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: