Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
October 17, 2017, 09:06:14 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: METALCLOAK  (Read 453 times)
InkedKnuckles
Forum User
19D, Army
« on: October 06, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »

Jeep Wave Hey guys! Planning on buying a lift in the next week or two. I was pretty set on RK until I started digging into Metalcloack. Does anyone have any experience or information on any of their lifts? I am considering the TRUE DUAL-RATE LIFT KIT, 2.5'', ROCKSPORT EDITION at the moment but wouldn't be opposed to any of their lifts, as long as it stayed under 1700 bucks initially.

Clifford04X
Member 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »

Ken is the guy you want to talk too (kenshardware). He's very knowledgeable and a dealer for metal cloak. Awesome dude too

04 TJ, 5.5" Clayton long arm, HP D30 front, 8.8 Rear, 4.88's & Eaton E-Lockers front/rear, NP241OR, 35x12.5's km2's, warn bumpers/sliders, M8000 winch.
sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 04:51:14 PM »

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone around here say something bad about metal cloak. Lots of people run it, and love it.

Give Ken a call, he'll hook you up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
GRNJKR
Member 2017 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 08:12:46 PM »

I currently have the same lift. It is great. I kind of wish I went 3.5 for the belly clearance on the 4 door but it is a great kit.

Burnzy
Club Member at Large
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »

Ken is the guy you want to talk too (kenshardware). He's very knowledgeable and a dealer for metal cloak. Awesome dude too
X2 - Kenís the go to guy for Metal Cloak, nothing but good feedback from everyone whoís done business with him.

2012 JK Sport
2011 Xterra Pro-4X
Mikewills
Member 2017
^^I got your mall crawler on 37s^^
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »

You read here and consistently across the interweb that metalcloak is the best bolt-on kit available.  Iím running the game changer 3.5Ē  w/fox shocks and I know Ken is running the rock sports. Ken can even work out a good deal for the install.

LLWS
Forum User
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 05:32:37 AM »

I just went through all these decisions and finally decided to call Ken. He suggested the MC True Dual Rate with the Rock Sports for my 2dr JKR as it gives you what you need to build from in the future without wasting any money now.  I thought about it for a few days before placing my order and then decided to order the full 3.5 GC instead because I figured while Iím under there itís only a few more bolts to knock out the Control Arms, too. 

BTW - Just for scheduling purposes, it seems to take MC quite a number of days to ship pretty much anything, and theyíre on the West Coast.  I had intended to order in time to have the lift shipped so I could put it on this weekend or worst case next Thursday/Friday.  My game plan was to have the whole thing done in time for next weekendís little trail ride on Flagpole, but thatís not happening due to processing and shipping lead times. 

Anyway, Ken did throw me an excellent deal. My only real concern with throwing the lift on the Jeep is torquing the Jam nuts to two-humans worth of torque.

Mikewills
Member 2017
^^I got your mall crawler on 37s^^
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 07:09:07 AM »

Just get them kinda tight after adjust them off the vehicle, then use a big crescent or pipe wrench to smoke them on.  Make sure to use a paint marker or nail polish to mark all the bolts n nuts, to easily determine if any loosen over time....and they will.  While youíre at it, you could install a grade 8 bolt kit.  I would also use antisieze on the control arm bolt shanks because they will absolutely start to build corrosion.

InkedKnuckles
Forum User
19D, Army
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 06:08:15 PM »

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:07:58 PM by InkedKnuckles »

Tracer
Member 2017 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 08:55:14 PM »

I think you will be very happy with your decision.

I hooked up with Ken as well. He gave Great advice. I had already delt with him to get the MC full UnderCloak and he treated me right and its taken a beating since being installed.

I went with the MC Fox Game Changer 3.5 inch from Ken and upgraded from stock to 35s.  

Had it about a month and so far its been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tracer ~ Marc Lipp

JKU Sahara 2016 Tank Green
drekalots
Member 2017
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »

Metalcloak is nice... shipping... not so much. lol.

Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to stare at your email. lol.

LLWS
Forum User
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 10:22:33 PM »

Metalcloak is nice... shipping... not so much. lol.

Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to stare at your email. lol.

You are not kidding.  I was thinking about taking advantage of their flat fender sale, but they take so long to ship things Iím over it before it arrives.   

InkedKnuckles
Forum User
19D, Army
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 03:07:34 PM »

I think you will be very happy with your decision.

I hooked up with Ken as well. He gave Great advice. I had already delt with him to get the MC full UnderCloak and he treated me right and its taken a beating since being installed.

I went with the MC Fox Game Changer 3.5 inch from Ken and upgraded from stock to 35s.  

Had it about a month and so far its been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have an email address that Ken can be reached at? I haven't been able to get in contact with him.

sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 04:59:42 PM »

I know he doesn't check the forum too often, I think he has a post in the for sale section with his number/better contact info.

EDIT: found it, copied from his signature. I'd give him a call:
Ken
www.KensHardware.com

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: