Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
April 23, 2018, 08:08:17 PM

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teraflex leveling kit(pucks) install help.  (Read 849 times)
Jlui83
Forum User
« on: November 25, 2017, 12:28:22 PM »

I just ordered a set of teraflex leveling kit (pucks) for my 2017 jku. Was wondering if anyone can help me out to install these. Or send me in the direction to a local shop? Cheapest so far Iíve found was about $200 for the install  Shocked

Thanks!!  Oh Iím in haymarket va

z4iken
Club Member at Large
2016 JK
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »

I just ordered a set of teraflex leveling kit (pucks) for my 2017 jku. Was wondering if anyone can help me out to install these. Or send me in the direction to a local shop? Cheapest so far Iíve found was about $200 for the install  Shocked

Puck installs are pretty easy (just a little time consuming), just need a jack, jack stands, and a basic socket set. Do you have those/a garage? If so, I'm sure some members would be willing to swing by and help you out.

If not (and you're not in a rush), keep an eye on the wrenching party subforum and the next time someone posts one up just say you'd like to go and they'll get you squared away.

If you'd rather get it installed professionally, High Tech Auto, Chaos Offroad, or Xtreme should be able to help you out. Just stay away from Full Awn Fab, they're notorious for being slow and doing mediocre work.

The Jeremy Theorem: Just buy 35's the first time
The Bill Corrolary: Bill is always technically right
squirrely
Forum User
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 02:25:06 PM »

Also, take a look at the teraflex install video...it is very helpful if you aren't familiar with the jk suspension.  Will be a piece of cake with the few standard tools listed...and I'm sure there will be people to help if you have a space

https://youtu.be/ixC0OzIF5Go

Sean

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 02:54:33 PM »

Where are you located?  Do you have the kit already or still waiting for delivery? 

If near ashburn and need a space to do it, I would be willing to help you out.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Jlui83
Forum User
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »

Where are you located?  Do you have the kit already or still waiting for delivery? 

I'm in Haymarket. I ordered the leveling kit yesterday (Black Friday deal). So it should be here maybe next week. I don't have the tools and I"ve never done anything like this before, but I"m willing to learn!

Thanks!

squirrely
Forum User
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 09:40:13 PM »

I'm in Haymarket. I ordered the leveling kit yesterday (Black Friday deal). So it should be here maybe next week. I don't have the tools and I"ve never done anything like this before, but I"m willing to learn!

Thanks!

I would come out to ashburn to help on a weekend if you arrange a time with Dain...

Jlui83
Forum User
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 04:23:30 PM »

Thanks!

I would come out to ashburn to help on a weekend if you arrange a time with Dain...

http://novajeepers.net/index.php?topic=28203.0

Saturday Dec 9 12:00pm
Ashburn VA

Actual address will be pmed for those that can make it. Appreciate the help in advance!

og556
Forum User
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 01:34:16 PM »

Could you guys recommend a shop in NoVa to install this? I wouldnít be able to make the Dec 9th party because I still need to buy a spacer kit. This is a temporary solution until I can get a full kit early next year.

HiTech in Chantilly Va quoted me $1200 for a spacer install so Iím not sure who to go to. Iím gonna shoot an email to chaos shortly. Which shop quoted you $200? Was it just pucks you are installing?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:36:58 PM by og556 »

matstclair
Member 2018
2015 JKU Sport
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »

Could you guys recommend a shop in NoVa to install this? I wouldnít be able to make the Dec 9th party because I still need to buy a spacer kit. This is a temporary solution until I can get a full kit early next year.

HiTech in Chantilly Va quoted me $1200 for a spacer install so Iím not sure who to go to. Iím gonna shoot an email to chaos shortly. Which shop quoted you $200? Was it just pucks you are installing?

$1200 for installing Body Lift spacers?! Holy hell that is highway robbery.

Ose
Official Club Vendor
Quality Performance
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »

OG,

I may be able to help you out. Shoot me an email q@qualityperformancegroup, and I'll see what I can do  Thumbs Up

Colin

Quality Performance
3159-A Draper Dr
Fairfax VA 22031
Facebook
sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »

If you can't find a good deal from a club vendor or other recommended shop, just wait it out.  Since you know you're going to be replacing it later, why even install it now?  Save the money.  Buy once, cry once.

Just my .02 cents

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
og556
Forum User
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 03:35:48 PM »

Iím trying to upgrade my wheels and tires. Iíve got a trip planned later this month up north where we will likely see a good bit of snow. Not sure I want to use the stock KMís in that environment. I figured Iíd upgrade the wheels and tires now and deal with the lift next year when I have the cash for it.

Iím looking at a set of the BFG KO2ís in 285 75 r17 for the tires and either procomp 7069ís or Mickey Thompson classic IIIís

I figured a leveling kit would do the trick until Iím ready for the lift. Itís just going to see some fire roads and very mild stuff like the Cove until it gets the full suspension. Itís a 2016 JKUR.

z4iken
Club Member at Large
2016 JK
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 03:49:03 PM »

Iím trying to upgrade my wheels and tires. Iíve got a trip planned later this month up north where we will likely see a good bit of snow. Not sure I want to use the stock KMís in that environment. I figured Iíd upgrade the wheels and tires now and deal with the lift next year when I have the cash for it.

Iím looking at a set of the BFG KO2ís in 285 75 r17 for the tires and either procomp 7069ís or Mickey Thompson classic IIIís

I figured a leveling kit would do the trick until Iím ready for the lift. Itís just going to see some fire roads and very mild stuff like the Cove until it gets the full suspension. Itís a 2016 JKUR.

They don't make the KO2 in 285/75r17 sadly (would be awesome if they did), only the KM2 (285/70r17 is the metric for a 33" tire, 285/75r17 is metric for a 34").

I think 285/70r17 (which fits on stock with new wheels and/or spacers) looks great with a 1-3" lift, 285/75r17 you'd need a real lift kit (or chopped fenders) to clear without rubbing.

I went the leveling kit route, I wish I hadn't b/c I went to a 2.5" lift kit less than a year later. I'd really recommend saving that $200-$400 and putting it towards a middle-of-the-road (Teraflex, Rubicon Express) 2.5" lift. You'll be way happier, trust me lol (JDavis told me this when I was installing the leveling kit, boy was he right!)

z4iken
Club Member at Large
2016 JK
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »

$1200 for installing Body Lift spacers?! Holy hell that is highway robbery.

It's pretty much the same labor as a lift kit without trackbar or control arms...not worth it imho, but i understand why it's so much

og556
Forum User
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 04:03:50 PM »

What about a set of the Mopar high clearance fenders? Would the whee/tire combo work until I can afford my lift?

Iím specifically calling those out because from my understanding they mount to the stock mounting clips for the JKU fenders. I know high fenders normally cost between $700-1k to mount normally so those are out of the question.

The 285 75 r17 KO2ís were released in October of 2017. Here is a link: https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=875SR7KO2

I wish I could fit these without this lift mess. Iím now wondering if the mopar high fenders are a better way to go until I can afford a quality lift.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:14:46 PM by og556 »

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: