January 23, 2018, 10:40:32 AM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RRR  (Read 1043 times)
sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »

Those wheels look great!  Love the gold/brunt bronze accent colors you are building into it.

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
VA6489
Member 2018
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 09:26:25 AM »

Group  question on Comms

Talking to Ose  about this and  he is looking at a set up from Rugged Radios ( VHF/UHF) comms system.  I was looking up the jeep Jamboree and they still require a Mounted CB.  Looked at GMRS units as well.

CB is dirt cheap

GMRS is about $150ish

Rugged radios is  little to max dollars depending on what you get.

Last two require a license, and technically so does  the CB.  performance on the GMRS and UHF/VHF radios is outstanding.

Thoughts?

Cheers
RRR

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
VA6489
Member 2018
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 09:27:54 AM »

Those wheels look great!  Love the gold/brunt bronze accent colors you are building into it.

Thank you sir, while this is a jeep  it is still a DD and wanted to get rid of some of the black. Had to get new  wheels  with the tires and lift so consulted a Lady friend on colors.........LOL.

Cheers
RRR

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2017, 09:41:40 AM »

Thank you sir, while this is a jeep  it is still a DD and wanted to get rid of some of the black. Had to get new  wheels  with the tires and lift so consulted a Lady friend on colors.........LOL.

Once you hit the trail and get a little muddy it will have a sweet boba fett style to it.  Cheers

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2017, 11:35:10 AM »

I used the Valspar originally. I had some spots where it came up. Applied the Rustoleum version last year. Hope it holds up. But I agree that it definitely makes clean up nice and easy.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
VA6489
Member 2018
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »

Once you hit the trail and get a little muddy it will have a sweet boba fett style to it.  Cheers
Maybe.lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR

VA6489
Member 2018
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2017, 06:38:29 PM »

RSE installed in a nice warm heated garage... Fairly straight forward, you need a nut-sert tool to do this job...I have had AMP research steps and installing them is a breeze. Like the OBD II connection AMP has. RSE have no such animal. Door sensors and magnets.
The two hour job lasted 5 with two bodies. Right side install was great. Left the forward body bolt was a challenge. Something of note, forward body attachment points (nut-sert) require you to drill both the fender and the tub. Dremel tool and patience achieves success.

Waiting on Metal Cloak.... Foot tapping...

Cheers
Rob

Cheers
RRR

VA6489
Member 2018
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2018, 07:17:57 AM »

Jeep Wave
And the fun begins this weekend. Thank to MC and Ken, I have a jeep full of parts  to be installed  Saturday.  Warm garage and a hydraulic floor lift  should help with the install. By Sunday Morning  RRR should be 4.5 inches taller and I can finally put my wheels and tires on.  What is amazing to me is the "kit" fills the back of the jeep but then again  their are 4 springs, track bars, high steer kit with tie rod relocation brackets and oh yes , shocks too.

Will snap a few pictures of the work in progress and post

Gathering tools  Grab a Wrench! Grab a Wrench!

Cheers
Rob

Cheers
RRR

JKrazy
Member 2018
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
VA6489
Member 2018
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2018, 06:21:30 PM »

Metal Cloak 4.5 lift installed. Started 0800 with to additional hands, none of which has ever installed a lift on a jk. Finished and rolling by 5pm...

Cheers

Cheers
RRR

drekalots
Member 2018
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2018, 07:17:32 PM »

Looks good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKrazy
Member 2018
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2018, 07:28:18 PM »

SWEET!  Looks awesome!  Congrats!

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
smileyT
Member 2018
TIP your Bartender and Waitstaff!
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2018, 08:23:57 AM »

Looks Great!

T

2000 TJ Sold
1996 Grand Cherokee lift, control arms, 2001 wj leather seats family owned since new!
2016 Jku sport 2.5 lift, Geo brackets, front, rear bumpers, winch w/ synthetic line, 37 BFG AT, aluminum paint matched fenders inner fenders, bartact seat covers, rear seat capt chair conversion, etc
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2018, 10:12:00 AM »

Really looks nice!  And nice jacks as well. Looks like they would come in very handy for a job like this.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Dunejk13
Member 2017
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »

Are u happy with the jacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up
  Print