Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
January 21, 2018, 11:17:29 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Washes and Lights Bars  (Read 372 times)
Swaye
Member 2018
« on: December 02, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »

Ok, so I have been a "CJ Guy" for several years, and never ran a light bar. But, I recently added a JKU to the barn, and just put a 50 inch Lifetime LED Bar up top. Now, the Jeep is black, so if I look at it wrong it gets dirty. After a trip off road, forget it. Can I run it through the White Horse in Warrenton to get the chunks off safely? I see forum talk all over the place from never do it, to people saying they run theirs through weekly for years and no issues (as long as it has no top spinners - which White Horse doesn't). Anyone here ever done it at any car wash, or even better have any experience with White Horse? Gracias!

I'm not playing hard to get, I'm playing hard to want.
JKrazy
Member 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 09:43:38 AM »

Do you have a manual spray car wash you can take it to?  There is a gas station in Fairfax that has one that I take my rig to after every off-road trip.  I think a lot of other Jeepers do as well.............it's always muddy in the stalls.   Laughing

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
BlueKJ
Forum User
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 03:52:52 PM »

Iíve had terrible luck at white horse in warrenton as far as how well they clean it. I take my jeep to the manual spray wash near the 7-Eleven and just spray it off there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaye
Member 2018
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 05:38:16 AM »

Thanks all. I've used that spray clean by the 7-11 before. Was hoping for easy, but concerned about damage to the light bar.

sticksout
Member 2018
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:15:14 AM »

Do you have a manual spray car wash you can take it to?  There is a gas station in Fairfax that has one that I take my rig to after every off-road trip.  I think a lot of other Jeepers do as well.............it's always muddy in the stalls.   Laughing

Where in FFX?

2001 TJ Sahara - black
sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 08:22:44 AM »

Where in FFX?

Unless there's another one I don't know about, it's right by Fairfax Circle.  Dinky little Citgo station with like 2 bays.  I've been there myself and the machines don't take anything over $1 bills, so either have a pocket full of change, or a stack of singles.  I can spray down the underside quickly with $3, but $5 is better.  Address is:  9501 Blake Ln, Fairfax, VA 22031

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
dave2002ti
Member 2018
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »

Wash Jeep?  Why?

Dave Apker

z4iken
Club Member at Large
2016 JK
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »

Where in FFX?

Unless there's another one I don't know about, it's right by Fairfax Circle.  Dinky little Citgo station with like 2 bays.  I've been there myself and the machines don't take anything over $1 bills, so either have a pocket full of change, or a stack of singles.  I can spray down the underside quickly with $3, but $5 is better.  Address is:  9501 Blake Ln, Fairfax, VA 22031

I went to that one one time after Rausch. Was a 20 minute line to get in, and I think I spent $10 in $1 bills just trying to get the mud off. Was super packed. Being honest, I feel like that $10 wouldve been way better spent going to a member w/ a pressure washer's house to borrow it for 10-15 minutes

The Jeremy Theorem: Just buy 35's the first time
The Bill Corrolary: Bill is always technically right
highlandercj-7
Member 2017
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 11:51:57 AM »

If you want a drive through car wash, go to the brushless washers. I know the ones at Sheetz are brushless, IIRC they are called laser jet.

Nothing beats the DIY manual wash to clean the under side, but it's seems difficult to find them within 30 miles of DC.

HighlanderCJ-7
sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 12:10:20 PM »

Where in FFX?

I went to that one one time after Rausch. Was a 20 minute line to get in, and I think I spent $10 in $1 bills just trying to get the mud off. Was super packed. Being honest, I feel like that $10 wouldve been way better spent going to a member w/ a pressure washer's house to borrow it for 10-15 minutes

Also true.

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
sticksout
Member 2018
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 12:42:37 PM »

Where in FFX?

Also true.

Oh I know the one you mean now, it's next door to what used to be Arthur Treacher's.

2001 TJ Sahara - black
JKrazy
Member 2017
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 01:39:05 PM »

Where in FFX?

James, you are correct!  They changed the payment now to $5 bills.  The gas station will provide change if you tell them it's for the car wash.  I usually spend $10-$15.

JKrazy
Member 2017
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »

Where in FFX?

Alex, this is why I go at 10 PM.  No line!   ROTFLMAO 

Swaye
Member 2018
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 06:01:55 AM »

I should start saving for a legit pressure washer.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: