Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
May 26, 2019, 02:24:49 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charger HVAC Issues  (Read 732 times)
crowell33
Member 2019
Chuck Norris just got back from Pakistan.
« on: October 25, 2018, 07:40:13 PM »

At my wits end with this. On the way to the airport at 0400 on Monday, 30 degrees out, and my heat quit. I got home yesterday and the first thing I did was check the coolant. It was a little low, so added to the necessary level. No dice. Swapped out the thermostat, still didn't work. I then noticed it was acting strange. If I had it set to the front defroster, it blew air out of the correct vents. Cold air, but still air. If I tried switching to the dash vents, it would blow air out of them for about 10 seconds, then switch back to the defroster. It would blow air out of the defroster for about 10 seconds, then switch back to the dash vents. It would keep doing this for as long as I set it to the dash vents. If I switched to the floor vents, it does the same thing. Switch back and forth between blowing air out of the floor vents and the front defroster. Again, cold air, not hot. If I change the temperature on the screen, it doesn't matter. The air coming out stays the same. If I turn on the A/C, however, the air blows cold AF.

I thought it might be the blend door actuator, but everything I've seen and read from people, the temps are different between the driver side and passenger side. For me, the temp is the same.

Any ideas?

WWW Logged

cwkann
WC, VRC, EC
Committee: Trail Rides
Winchester, VA
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 06:48:31 AM »

What does AF mean?   Razz 

I suggest taking it to a shop.

See!!  I just saved you a bunch of time and money!   Razz   Laughing Laughing Laughing

'03 Rubicon- 4.5" RE LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton steering, Teraflex Swaybar system, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff...
cwkann
WC, VRC, EC
Winchester, VA
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 06:49:09 AM »

P.S.  That isn't under warranty?

'03 Rubicon- 4.5" RE LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton steering, Teraflex Swaybar system, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff...
crowell33
Member 2019
Chuck Norris just got back from Pakistan.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 09:36:12 AM »

No. I have 62,000 miles on it already. Hahaha.

I'm dropping it off at Marlow on Monday morning.

WWW Logged

cwkann
WC, VRC, EC
Winchester, VA
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 06:48:48 AM »

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Razz

You should listen to me more!   Laughing

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: