Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 16, 2017, 02:15:05 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today? - December 2017  (Read 1083 times)
sticksout
Member 2017
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 02:11:51 PM »

Confirmed it....my speedometer is officially 10mph lower then what I'm actually going (according to GPS). Apparently the new transfer case didn't have the same speedo gear that my old one did. Even with the larger tires and my old t-case, there was only a 1-2mph difference.

2001 TJ Sahara - black
sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 02:16:54 PM »

Confirmed it....my speedometer is officially 10mph lower then what I'm actually going (according to GPS). Apparently the new transfer case didn't have the same speedo gear that my old one did. Even with the larger tires and my old t-case, there was only a 1-2mph difference.
Good news: swapping the speedo gear is probably the easiest thing I've ever done on my LJ.

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
RFH_98TJ
Member 2017
98 TJ 4.0 Sport
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 02:25:58 PM »

Someone probably put a different one in it for different sized tires - I think you bought a used one yes?  You can get them online for about $40.  There are also Christmas sales right now and they are as low as $20.  I have a 39-tooth one on my Christmas list.  I regeared from 3.07 to 4.56 and I can peg my speedo now at a little over 3k rpm.

sticksout
Member 2017
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 02:55:27 PM »

Someone probably put a different one in it for different sized tires - I think you bought a used one yes?  You can get them online for about $40.  There are also Christmas sales right now and they are as low as $20.  I have a 39-tooth one on my Christmas list.  I regeared from 3.07 to 4.56 and I can peg my speedo now at a little over 3k rpm.

Yep, my t-case was from a junkyard so who know's what ratio it had been configured with.

2001 TJ Sahara - black
Skorpyo
Member 2017
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 03:00:16 PM »

I have a 39-tooth one on my Christmas list.

Heh, same here. If I don't get it for XMas I'm ordering it. Kinda tired of using my phones GPS Speedo App to avoid getting tickets or being "that guy" going 10 under...

'89 Eliminator SWB - 4.0L - 5" lift, 32s, 3.73, AX15 4WD - 8.8 LSD and D30 LSD
'99 Cherokee - 4.0L - 6.5" lift, 33s, 4.56 and lots of other stuff

Tim: "If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. You're not really anything."
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 04:29:07 PM »

Yep, my t-case was from a junkyard so who know's what ratio it had been configured with.

Is your old t-case still a available for you to go grab your other gear?

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 04:31:02 PM »

As for me, my power steering leak got really bad last night (return line) so i was refilling the fluid every 15 miles. So I left it in the driveway and took the JKU to work today making my son hoof it to school. I think he got a ride with a friend. So tonight after I get the new hose I will be installing it.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 11:15:52 PM »

Well, I picked up the return line for the power steering tonight, and after picking my daughter up from GMU, tackled replacing the line.

It was a little worn from the bolt for the steering gear rubbing it. Hope it does not leak tomorrow, but I will be checking it out. And I massaged the new line a bit so that it won’t be so close to the knuckle anymore.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Dropkick
Member 2017
Alexandria, VA
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 08:42:43 AM »

Well, I picked up the return line for the power steering tonight, and after picking my daughter up from GMU, tackled replacing the line.

It was a little worn from the bolt for the steering gear rubbing it. Hope it does not leak tomorrow, but I will be checking it out. And I massaged the new line a bit so that it won’t be so close to the knuckle anymore.

so no more parking lot tickets?

WWW Logged

Shamus

'09JKU
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 09:15:57 AM »

so no more parking lot tickets?

Pffft. I did not say the Scrambler no longer leaks. Ha.

This one started a week or so again, and got horrible this week. So, sure, this leak may be solved, but the valve cover gasket needs replacing again.  Hopefully the parking garage cop is appeased by the cardboard for now. Wink

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

sticksout
Member 2017
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »

Unfortunately not really, my friend returned to the junk yard (in Martinsburg, WV) for me so I could get the core charge back. The junkyard is only open Mon-Fri.

2001 TJ Sahara - black
PanteraPilot
Member 2017
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 08:09:00 PM »

Unfortunately not really, my friend returned to the junk yard (in Martinsburg, WV) for me so I could get the core charge back. The junkyard is only open Mon-Fri.

Where is there a junk yard in Martinsburg?  Are you referring to that old junk yard (looks closed up) on Rt 45 back by the mountain?

sticksout
Member 2017
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 10:34:48 PM »

Where is there a junk yard in Martinsburg?  Are you referring to that old junk yard (looks closed up) on Rt 45 back by the mountain?

Ernie’s Salvage Yard
http://erniesrecycling.com

2001 TJ Sahara - black
Fuzzy88
Member 2017
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 09:17:08 AM »

Looks like my check engine light keeps coming on for an oil pressure sensor.  Thought this was an easy fix but looks like a 4 hour job requiring the intake manifold to be removed. If I clear the code it's fine, can drive for miles with no issue until I shut off the Jeep. The next time you start it, it comes back on.

Is there a resistor that would send a normal signal to the computer? I would guess this sends constant data back to the computer to adjust settings as you drive so  maybe that's a bad idea lol.

WWW Logged

"Buy the ticket, Take the ride" ~Hunter S Thompson
PanteraPilot
Member 2017
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2017, 07:37:40 PM »

Ernie’s Salvage Yard
http://erniesrecycling.com

That makes sense.  I thought that was Falling Waters there.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: