Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 16, 2017, 02:23:40 AM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remington 870 DM  (Read 184 times)
overhead
Member 2017
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:34:32 PM »

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/first-look-remington-870-dm/amp/

I have a custom cerakote 870 that I absolutely love.... And I think it could be on the block after seeing this. Man it's pretty

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
wbsjp
Member 2017 VA4WD
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:34:57 PM »

Don,t like it,too bottom heavy,
I,ll just put an extended tube on mine,,,,

Wayne
  AARP,NAXJA,NRA Endowment member
"the cost of Freedom isn,t Free"
Search
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 05:20:54 AM »

I call dibs on buying my 870 back if you do sell it.

'15 Unlimited Rubicon
'13 Durango
HAWAIICJ
MacGyver
BOD
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 07:00:03 AM »

Nice! Now if it was semi auto.... that would be something! Thumbs Up

highlandercj-7
Member 2017
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:52:17 PM »

I dig it. Oh yes semi would be awesome and a 25 round drum Smile

HighlanderCJ-7
sirjames186
Club Secretary
05 LJ
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 12:10:50 PM »

I've been chewing on if I like this for a couple days now.  I'm still on the fence.  It's very cool, but I think it missed the mark.

First off, way to go Remington for thinking outside the box and putting the rest of the shotgun world on their heels.  This is a huge step forward and they deserve all the credit they can get for it.  With that said, there are 2 big misses in my book.  I currently have a Mossberg 930 sps which for an 18.5-inch barrel holds 8 rounds, granted it's a semi, not a pump.  To compare apples to apples, a 590 with an 18.5 barrel holds 7, and that's not counting if you ghost load it.  I mean heck even the tactical version of the 870 holds 7 rounds from the factory.  So for Remington to come out with a 6 round mag right out of the box for this just seems stupid.  Debut with a bang, show us how awesome this is with a 10 rounder right off the bat.  There is no reason to lead off with a 6 except to say they are appeasing the gun grabbers in Cali and NY with mag restrictions.  I have no reason to buy that, what I currently have, or other offerings on the market, are better.

Now, point 2 you would say, yes others hold more but you can't reload that as fast.  True, in stock form.  There are tons of gunsmiths out there who modify speedloaders for 3 gun shooters or anyone with enough money to want it.  Yes, speedloaders are 3 feet long and all that, I get it.  But the fact is, I can modify what I currently have.  And maybe I just haven't seen it yet, but it doesn't look like this DM attachment can be purchased on its own and added to an 870 I already own.  Yes, I realize doing that would require some serious gunsmithing, but I would bet 870 owners would be lined up around the block to convert their 870 to a DM if they could.  Remington is a business, they need to make money, yadda yadda, I get it, buy the new shotgun.  But man, they could have made money hand over fist if this was somehow a conversion kit people could buy on their own.

I don't mean to sound like a Mossberg fanboy, or a Remington hater either. I grew up shooting 870s and the only reason why I don't own one now is because I shot the barrel out of my grandfathers wingmaster learning trap as a teenager and I don't know what he ever did with it.  When I went to buy a new shotgun post-college, I couldn't afford the Remington and their quality control issues had me worried, so I got a Mossberg.

So moral of the story, as it stands now, totally cool, but not worth the $500-$800 for a new one.

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
smileyT
Member 2017
TIP your Bartender and Waitstaff!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 04:49:56 PM »

Saiga 🤔

T

2000 TJ Sold
1996 Grand Cherokee lift, control arms, 2001 wj leather seats family owned since new!
2016 Jku sport 2.5 lift, Geo brackets, front, rear bumpers, winch w/ synthetic line, 35 nitto mt, aluminum paint matched fenders

Don't forget to tip your bar and waitstaff!
Search
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 06:55:09 PM »

Saiga 🤔

T

Indeed!

'15 Unlimited Rubicon
'13 Durango
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: