Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 11, 2017, 07:24:10 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rock Slide Engineering  (Read 127 times)
VA6489
Forum User
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:46:56 AM »

Been researching and looking at parts for my JKU Build (RRR). Looking at electric steps and AMP is the first thing that pops up  but I have found  Rock Slide Engineering the other night.  Combination rock slider and electric step. Judging by the videos on You Tube  it looks like these thing work both as a rock rail and a retracting step.
Wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Cheers
RRR
Ose
Forum User
Quality Performance
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 10:44:36 AM »

I've seen them in operation before, but not battle tested. They seem like an awesome product and you can turn them on and off for trail use. Kind of the best of both worlds for steps and rocker protection.

Quality Performance
3159-A Draper Dr
Fairfax VA 22031
Facebook
ltfiend
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »

Do they have to be electric?  I've got two of the MORE hide-a-steps and they work great.   Just step on it when you need it and it folds down and then collapses when you are done.  They also have two quick disconnect pins if you need an extra 3/8" of clearance.

2012 Silver Rubicon
1990 Red YJ
VA6489
Forum User
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 02:28:28 PM »

Do they have to be electric?  I've got two of the MORE hide-a-steps and they work great.   Just step on it when you need it and it folds down and then collapses when you are done.  They also have two quick disconnect pins if you need an extra 3/8" of clearance.
Part of the reason for electric is ease in boarded and egress for her, and me when in a suite and tie. Did not want to give up the protection of a slider/rock rail.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: