Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
November 16, 2018, 06:18:55 AM

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uhaul starting to refuse trailer rentals?  (Read 3216 times)
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »

Uhaul tried to hassle me one time.  I needed a hauler to get my Trans Am from the Eastern Shore to Manassas Park.  I was using my brother's 06 Silverado HD.  Allison trans, turbo diesel, etc.  The guy on the phone was like "I'm not sure if that truck is eligible to tow, let me check."  I asked how it would be ineligible and he said "Well, we check several things."  I pointed out the truck could literally pull a house...maybe two at the same time...off their foundations, pointed out that it regularly tows a 33 foot RV trailer, and that a Trans Am and a trailer wouldn't even be noticed by the truck.  "Oh, you're right.  It is eligible."  Sometimes I think they just say stuff to screw with people.

Never blame on malice what can be explained by incompetence.

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Zedi
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 04:32:40 PM »

Part incompetence, maybe, but even if he knew what a Silverado was he would still have to check his system to make sure that it could do the job.  My guess is that by company policy because of lawsuits he is required to check his system on a particular towing combo.  That is why I always just reserve on line if I need a trailer.  Don't have to deal wit uninformed people, and it is ready when I need it, just have to go in and sign the papers.  Never had any problems.  Used their car haulers half a dozen times, and their other trailers and trucks over 50 times.  Never had a hassle.

1998 TJ JEEBA Jeep
Silversurfer
Forum User
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 05:30:43 AM »

I also have a Silverado and just rented one online last weekend.  No questions asked when I picked it up. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 JK<br />1992 YJ<br />Black Goat Off-Road
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »

But was the trailer there where you requested?  Or did they call you and tell you that you had to drive 50 miles away to get the trailer you needed?  I have been redirected a couple of times. Had to get a truck form one place and drive to get the trailer from another place a couple of times. And yes, I reserved at one of their big locations that has a large stock.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: