Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
October 15, 2018, 06:00:53 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FFL for a gun collection sale  (Read 562 times)
sirjames186
Member 2018 VA4WD
05 LJ
« on: January 18, 2018, 02:42:16 PM »

Anyone know of a good FFL in the Warrenton area that can sell a gun collection?  A good friend of mine's adult son passed away and he had a collection of firearms which they want to sell and put the proceeds in a college fund for his 2 daughters.

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
highlandercj-7
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 03:52:25 PM »

How many are you talking? I know a guy in Warren County.

HighlanderCJ-7
sirjames186
Member 2018 VA4WD
05 LJ
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »

About 30 pieces I'm told.  I'll be taking a look next week to try and help them out.

wbsjp
Member 2018
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 04:51:28 PM »

Most auction houses have a FFL,at least they do out here.Probably get more $$ at auction than private sales.

Wayne
  AARP,NAXJA,NRA Endowment member
"the cost of Freedom isn,t Free"
Search
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 05:36:59 AM »

Depending on what types of guns and if they’re older/collectible,then Rock Island Auction is a good place to start. They sent a representative out to look at a friend’s collection several years ago.

www.rockislandauction.com

'15 Unlimited Rubicon but I miss my LJ
Other_Erik
Forum User
Just Emptying Every Pocket
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 11:56:52 AM »

Anyone know of a good FFL in the Warrenton area that can sell a gun collection?  A good friend of mine's adult son passed away and he had a collection of firearms which they want to sell and put the proceeds in a college fund for his 2 daughters.

Come be a guest at the VGCA meeting in Fairfax (at the NRA museum / HQ building) on the 25th at 7pm.  These folks are unfortunately starting to specialize in collection sell-offs as their average member age increases, and will not take %% out like consignment would.  If you can get a list/pictures together in the next few days I could shop that around and see if they'll do a silent auction or somesuch.  Knowing the funds are going to survivor minors' college funds will probably push bids into the above-market range.

Erik

Daily: 2016 Hydro Rubicon JK, 2.5" franken-lifted, JW Speaker lighting, etc...
Wife's: 2013 JKU 3.5" Lift on 35's.
All future mod money is now being eaten by house renovations Sad
sirjames186
Member 2018 VA4WD
05 LJ
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 12:09:54 PM »

Come be a guest at the VGCA meeting in Fairfax (at the NRA museum / HQ building) on the 25th at 7pm.  These folks are unfortunately starting to specialize in collection sell-offs as their average member age increases, and will not take %% out like consignment would.  If you can get a list/pictures together in the next few days I could shop that around and see if they'll do a silent auction or somesuch.  Knowing the funds are going to survivor minors' college funds will probably push bids into the above-market range.

Erik

Dang it, I'm not going to see them until the 27th.  How often do they meet?  I'll be getting a list together when I meet up with him and will know if there is anything high value then.

Redleg
Committee: Trail Rides
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 12:23:10 PM »

Triune Shooting sports is in Warrenton.

https://www.triuneshootingsports.com/#/index

Bill
sirjames186
Member 2018 VA4WD
05 LJ
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 10:49:34 AM »

Ok, got a chance to look everything over.  Nothing super rare or collectible, but maybe something folks here are interested in?  Send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the owners.  They are located in Warrenton, all the money is going into a college fund for his 2 daughters, so don't beat them up on price.

Winchester 94m   30-30
Bushmaster xm-15 e2s (AWB era, built in carry handle and no flash hider)
Remington Wingmaster 87
Colt Walker US 1847 Replica 44 (blackpowder)
FNH FNP   9mm
Beretta 96   .40
Taurus 805 .357
Taurus revolver .38spl
Glock 30S   .45acp
Glock 21 Gen4   .45acp
Glock G27   .40
Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan – Model 5303 44 mag (anybody got a bear problem?)

Tons of extra mags and ammo available as well, many have holsters too.

Other_Erik
Forum User
Just Emptying Every Pocket
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 01:02:06 PM »

Erik

Dang it, I'm not going to see them until the 27th.  How often do they meet?  I'll be getting a list together when I meet up with him and will know if there is anything high value then.

They meet monthly except March and December.  Next meeting will be April 26th.  If you're willing to haul things out to Prince William County Fairgrounds, they've got a gun show March 24th/25th that there are some open tables left to fill for $65/table, and can be coordinated (somehow, don't ask me how) through a form on the vgca website.

E

Daily: 2016 Hydro Rubicon JK, 2.5" franken-lifted, JW Speaker lighting, etc...
Wife's: 2013 JKU 3.5" Lift on 35's.
All future mod money is now being eaten by house renovations Sad
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: