Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 13, 2019, 11:38:35 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XJ-ZJ-TJ-LJ-YJ Transfer case shifer WOES, here's the fix:  (Read 1947 times)
highlandercj-7
Member 2019
« on: October 21, 2017, 09:34:50 AM »

So I noticed there is a lot of talk on this lately, so I thought I would share with you an affordable fix for your transfer case shifter issues. At $61 it's adjustable and fits several models of Jeep. There is also an available upgrade to stainless steel so it will not rust.  Cool

Azzy's Design Works.

http://www.azzysdesignworks.com/store/jeep-np231-transfer-case-linkage-kit

HighlanderCJ-7
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 06:16:41 AM »

Wow, I literally just found this same part last week and dropped it in my Amazon cart. I'm excited to see how well this works.

WWW Logged

2002 TJ Sport
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam
Gogged
Member 2019
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:34:56 PM »

Curious about this versus the novak cable..

2018 JLUR 3.5" Metalcloak lift, 37s

'06 TJ Sport...sold..

V.P. Black Goat Offroad Club
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2019
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 09:06:18 AM »

Reviving this old thread... I actually bought one of these today.  Jeep's been out of commission for a couple months due to work obligations but this is one of the first things going in as soon as I receive it.  I shall report back with my findings but have pretty high expectations.  No longer available through Amazon, but was $71 shipped from Azzy's site.

WWW Logged

2002 TJ Sport

- Adam
RFH_98TJ
Member 2019
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »

I looked at those too but just decided to replace the OEM bushing with an online kit for $15 this past summer.  Plus, I could service it without dropping the skid.  Everything works great again after I did.  I think to install this linkage you need to drop the skid to get better access - tell us how you do it when you do.  That link is probably more dependable over time though.

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
RustyZJ
Member 2019
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »

Anyone here with a ZJ and 242 case tried one of these? I've never had problems getting into 4lo. It's getting out of 4lo that always involves a fight with the lever. I've tried new bushings, etc. I just looked at the Novak kit but it's more than double the cost.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:41:45 AM by Warhorse »

AutoTraker
Forum User
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 10:41:27 AM »

I went with a cable shifter since the reviews on these contraptions aren't too favorable for use with body lifts. Getting rid of the t-case linkage attachments off the body has got to be a tremendous improvement but the lever itself is still attached to the body. At least with the cable, you have a flexible attachment between the lever and the linkage. 

--
Rich...
Last count have 3 Jeeps. A CJ, TJ & a XJ.  Also got a Yota.
I Live in a Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots.
Central Virginia Jeepers
RCPFA
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2019
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »

True points.  I don't have any body lift on my Jeep but will post some pics of the install once it comes.  It certainly looks nice but time will tell.  I'm having to physically climb under my Jeep and manually change gears at this point so I really wanted to get something that would theoretically fix it for good.  Plus with it being a dedicated ORV trail vehicle I want something that would hold up.  Not spending Jeep funds on creature comforts=more funds to spend on hardware like this.

Pics to come!

WWW Logged

2002 TJ Sport

- Adam
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: