Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
October 18, 2018, 12:33:47 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The terrible new inspection sticker location  (Read 7621 times)
Zedi
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2018, 08:49:24 AM »

It's an '87 Kawasaki Concours.  They're basically bullet-proof 1000cc Ninjas with shaft drive, larger faring, and hard luggage.  Model wise they are ZG1000A2.  The latest platform is from the ZX1400 and are truly monsters.  There is a pretty big cult following for the Concours series if you look them up.  We both bought one new in '88.  Mine was red pearl his was silver.  They were about 150 units apart on the assembly line in Nebraska.  I 've had many bikes since then but never got rid of that one because we used them to go touring on.  I sold mine after he passed and did a complete disassembly and rebuild on his and added some performance parts that I know he wouldn't approve of like cams and stick coils.  I also painted it black.  I do track days with it too!
[/quote}

My first buke was a C10 Connie,  Rode it for a year and hit a deer,  Bought another one to replace it.

I have two bags a repair manual and a few other small parts that are taking up room in my garage that I will give you if you are interested. Just give me a yell

Paul

1998 TJ JEEBA Jeep
RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2018, 08:52:36 AM »

Sure!  Maybe next meeting or a club ride coming up.  I live and Lorton and work for PWC, maybe we cross paths?

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
RattleTrap55
Member 2018
84 CJ7
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2018, 09:25:55 AM »

RFH,

I am aware of the Kawasaki Concours - nice bike. They were the first of the "gentleman" bikes that you could ride for hours and still have feeling in your body when you stepped off.

I raced Kawasaki's in the 70's. I built a dragster out of an H2 750 Kawasaki that was a brute capable of running the standing 1/4 mile in the high 10's. That was about all the H2 was good for - you could not stop it or turn it, but it was a straight line rocket. During that same time I raced motocross & hare scrambles on a KX250. I eventually tired of the beatings that came with racing and bouncing off the ground and gave up bikes.

Anyway, great tribute to your father.

3.5 Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
Zedi
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2018, 09:34:52 AM »

Sure!  Maybe next meeting or a club ride coming up.  I live and Lorton and work for PWC, maybe we cross paths?
I live in Caroline County.  Do property taxes for Dominion Energy.  I know we use PWC for some stuff, but mostly see Delloitte people around here.
Sounds good, I will ping you next time we will be at a function.  Wife is currently down with ankle surgery, so we probably won't be going anywhere until after April.

1998 TJ JEEBA Jeep
z4iken
Club Member at Large
2016 JK
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2018, 10:18:10 AM »

I live in Caroline County.  Do property taxes for Dominion Energy.  I know we use PWC for some stuff, but mostly see Delloitte people around here.
Sounds good, I will ping you next time we will be at a function.  Wife is currently down with ankle surgery, so we probably won't be going anywhere until after April.

Although I also think PricewaterhouseCoopers when I see PWC, I'm pretty sure he meant Prince William County...  ROTFLMAO

The Jeremy Theorem: Just buy 35's the first time
The Bill Corrolary: Bill is always technically right
RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2018, 10:28:15 AM »

Yes - and not personal water craft either.

When I came to the County (PW) I had previously worked for ADC The Map People (which was Alexandria Drafting Company) which was also just ADC.  At the County orientation the speakers keep saying that certain people in the meeting were transferring from ADC also and that there were some people going to work for ADC.  I had never seen these people in the 20 years I worked there and couldn't figure out what they were talking about.  Much less the company was getting ready to go under and why would anyone be starting their employment there.  How was this even related to the County?

After about an hour I realized they meant Adult Detention Center.  That gave me another reason why I left my previous employer  Pat

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
Zedi
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2018, 11:30:16 AM »

Yes - and not personal water craft either.

When I came to the County (PW) I had previously worked for ADC The Map People (which was Alexandria Drafting Company) which was also just ADC.  At the County orientation the speakers keep saying that certain people in the meeting were transferring from ADC also and that there were some people going to work for ADC.  I had never seen these people in the 20 years I worked there and couldn't figure out what they were talking about.  Much less the company was getting ready to go under and why would anyone be starting their employment there.  How was this even related to the County?

After about an hour I realized they meant Adult Detention Center.  That gave me another reason why I left my previous employer  Pat

OOPs..  What can I say, I'm one of those darn Yankee transplants Grew up in Johnstown PA.

I will be coming north for a couple of things tomorrow, and can drop the bags off if you want.  Just need an address if it is OK.  Otherwise we can catch up later.

(Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread)

btb I am the founding member of the AAAAAAAAA

American Association Against the Arbitrary Abuse of Acronyms And Associated Abbreviations

1998 TJ JEEBA Jeep
RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2018, 11:40:53 AM »

PM sent.

- Frank
rocknrubi04
Forum User
TJ Rubicons Rule
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2018, 04:25:06 PM »

Thats been WV location forever

AngryEchoSix
Forum User
Busted Knuckle Garage Expert
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2018, 12:36:18 AM »

My new JK has the inspection sticker in the lower left, and it doesn't even phase me...every other stat I've lived in has had the sticker in the lower left....I don't even notice it anymore....

2014 JK Unlimited Rubicon X
UnnamedSource
Forum User
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2018, 03:49:18 PM »

Itís funny, itís illegal to have anything in your field of vision... except an inspection sticker if the state puts it there.  I agree with post #2, same location, passenger side....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

///BHRpowered
Member 2018
Renegade Super Villan
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 02:35:37 AM »

Terrible idea.

It blocks your view a bit, plus they (use to) give out tickets for having GPS in center and made you put it in corner so now it won't stick, er maybe a cell phone holder in 2018. This business about blocking sensors is pure garbage, sensors in center are for interior functions, sensors for exterior functions like say crash avoidance are outside.

You know what it does affect? vehicles with heads up displays.

Vehicles in PW county if you have a landfill sticker

If they wanted to move it then it should have gone to passenger side. Or not at all, just make it digital, they got rid of personal property decals but still charge the same fee....oh wait, then cops couldn't sit on side of road and extort even more money from you by quickly looking at a sticker.

WWW Logged

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement I would be unstoppable" - ///BHRpowered
"Watching the two black Millenias disappear over the horizon in front of the helplessly outraced Chevy was a treat for the X-man" - Xedosman
"I am not looking to take over the world like BHR" - cwkann
sirjames186
Member 2018 VA4WD
05 LJ
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 10:08:37 AM »

If they wanted to move it then it should have gone to passenger side. Or not at all, just make it digital, they got rid of personal property decals but still charge the same fee....oh wait, then cops couldn't sit on side of road and extort even more money from you by quickly looking at a sticker.

I think that's the kicker.  Driver side corner is way easier for a cop to glance at it when he pulled you over for a faulty turn signal.

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
RustyZJ
Member 2018
Formally Known as Warhorse
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »

Vehicles in PW county if you have a landfill sticker

I didn't even think about that. Well that will mess up my "weekend trash truck".

RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2018, 08:44:20 AM »

My CB is jammed into that corner.  I'll need to unmount it so the sticker can be placed.

- Frank
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: