Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
October 20, 2018, 06:01:10 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The terrible new inspection sticker location  (Read 7699 times)
I6CJ7
Forum User
« on: January 27, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »

Anyone else think the new inspection sticker location on the driverside is awful?  With a CJ windshield it blocks alot of your view, since our windshields are near vertical and  so damn small... This is ridiculous.

z4iken
Club Member at Large
2016 JK
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 01:08:47 PM »

Anyone else think the new inspection sticker location on the driverside is awful?  With a CJ windshield it blocks alot of your view, since our windshields are near vertical and  so damn small... This is ridiculous.

I don't know why they couldn't put it in the passenger side in the same location -- I guess they want you to be able to see it from the driver's seat so you remember?

The Jeremy Theorem: Just buy 35's the first time
The Bill Corrolary: Bill is always technically right
unl1mtd
BOD
King George, VA
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 01:16:21 PM »

Pics?

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »

They moved it?  When?  I just failed in December and it was put in the center like the old one that got removed

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
smileyT
Member 2018
TIP your Bartender and Waitstaff!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »

New code started this year. St police wanted it for years and sensors in the newer cars are usually at center of the dash.

T

2000 TJ Sold
1996 Grand Cherokee lift, control arms, 2001 wj leather seats family owned since new!
2016 Jku sport 2.5 lift, Geo brackets, front, rear bumpers, winch w/ synthetic line, 37 BFG AT, aluminum paint matched fenders inner fenders, bartact seat covers, rear seat capt chair conversion, etc
I6CJ7
Forum User
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 03:08:53 PM »

Cops like to sit at intersections on the median, easier to see on the driverside,  Is my guess. My CJ's inspection had been dead for 4 years lol. I don't have time for that crap. But now that it's no longer  being placed in the middle its going to be real obvious. I'm going to ask if they'll put it in the middle or move it myself. It will block so much of my view... New vehicles windshields are so big and sloped it doesn't block anything on them down low.

Search
Member 2018
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 07:09:13 PM »

Nothing to do with cops. A lot of the newer sensors for vehicles with crash avoidance are in the middle and the old sticker location interferes with that. I heard that there was a crash where the parties involved sued the state claiming that the inspection sticker was a contributing factor (donít have a source though), and this new location is a knee jerk reaction based on that suit (completely believable given the bureaucratic mentality).

'15 Unlimited Rubicon but I miss my LJ
wbsjp
Member 2018
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »

Here,s one.... if you own a ford,of any type ,and it has the assembly plant sticker on the rt,lower part of the windshield..thats ok and cannot be removed during inspection. All other stickers,fast passes ect,but not DoD passes are to be removed  and placed in the area of the rear view mirror but not below the A1 line......BS in my book....

Wayne
  AARP,NAXJA,NRA Endowment member
"the cost of Freedom isn,t Free"
highlandercj-7
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »

It belongs on the left side down low, I despise the VA in the middle of the view location. It's very irritating.

HighlanderCJ-7
I6CJ7
Forum User
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »

I think it should go up top off on the passenger side, anywhere along the bottom blocks your view. Especially since you look through the edge of the windshield to see the passenger mirror   Propellar Head

Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »

I grew up i  PA where it has been bottom left moving to VA i thought bottom middle was dumb.  This change wont effect me at all lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2011 JKU Rubicon Project "Serenity" -> SOLD
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon Serenity 2.0
Zedi
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 09:14:41 AM »

Cops like to sit at intersections on the median, easier to see on the driverside,  Is my guess. My CJ's inspection had been dead for 4 years lol. I don't have time for that crap. But now that it's no longer  being placed in the middle its going to be real obvious. I'm going to ask if they'll put it in the middle or move it myself. It will block so much of my view... New vehicles windshields are so big and sloped it doesn't block anything on them down low.
If I had a CJ I would get vintage tags for it. No inspection, $50.00 for permanent license.  Some downside as to usage such as 240 mile range, and cannot be a DD, but it is the way to go.  I am not sure if other states would even care if you were over your miles, but the VA penalty is that you lose the Antique tag and have to go to a regular tag, which is where you are now, so I see no problems.

As for the Inspection Sticker,  I grew up in PA also, and lived in WV for a time, and they were both there.  I think most that require a sticker are there.   

1998 TJ JEEBA Jeep
cmason164
Member 2018
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »

Antique tags are the way to go!

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »

Antique tags are the way to go!

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Not if you DD your old stuff like I do. Same with my son. I considered it recently for his 67 impala, but decided against taking the risk.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
RattleTrap55
Member 2018
84 CJ7
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 05:18:21 PM »

Not to start a "Food Fight" - my understanding is that the 250 miles from your home address limit only applies to pleasure drives. There is no distance limit on club events and car shows... Let's keep those club events and car shows coming. Boink

Garner

3.5 Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: