Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
February 23, 2018, 10:55:52 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Seat in JK SWB  (Read 177 times)
pondroofingpat
Forum User
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:28:18 PM »

I tried to search for this but couldn't seem to get the right combination of terms. I'm sure many of you have a solution to this. Forgive my ignorance. What do folks do about the rear seat not having a mechanism that locks it in the folded position. I'm tired of the seat flopping down on top of whatever I am hauling in the cargo area when I fold the seat up.

ogre45
Member 2018
Winchester,VA
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:41:13 PM »

I tried to search for this but couldn't seem to get the right combination of terms. I'm sure many of you have a solution to this. Forgive my ignorance. What do folks do about the rear seat not having a mechanism that locks it in the folded position. I'm tired of the seat flopping down on top of whatever I am hauling in the cargo area when I fold the seat up.
Take it out. It's easy enough to remove or install. That's what I did when I had my JK. Especially if I knew I needed the space.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alex
1969 Jeepster Commando in work
smileyT
Member 2018
TIP your Bartender and Waitstaff!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 07:30:19 AM »

Take it out. It's easy enough to remove or install. That's what I did when I had my JK. Especially if I knew I needed the space.

^ this

T

2000 TJ Sold
1996 Grand Cherokee lift, control arms, 2001 wj leather seats family owned since new!
2016 Jku sport 2.5 lift, Geo brackets, front, rear bumpers, winch w/ synthetic line, 37 BFG AT, aluminum paint matched fenders inner fenders, bartact seat covers, rear seat capt chair conversion, etc
Iceman
Forum User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:27:51 AM »

^ this

T

Yep remove it. Haven't had mine in for 2 and half years. Plus it made room for a tool box and my recovery gear.

-Clayton

pondroofingpat
Forum User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 04:51:55 PM »

^ this

T

Yep remove it. Haven't had mine in for 2 and half years. Plus it made room for a tool box and my recovery gear.

-Clayton

I've taken it out a few times. But it's not practical to take it out and leave it out because I run my kids around in it a lot. And in between I like to bring my dog to and from my shop or I have to grab stuff from a store on the way home. I just need to find a way to lock it in the folded forward position. Maybe a strap of some sort that I can apply in a minute. I was thinking someone on here had already come up with an idea, because that is usually the case.

gqjeep
Forum User
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 10:58:08 AM »

When mine was still in, I used bungee cords to hold it up.  but it is now permanently removed and lives in the shed.

1952 Willys CJ3A (Unrestored and driving it around town any chance I get.)
2013 Wrangler Sport
1967 Stevens M416 to pull behind either one.
overhead
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 11:01:59 AM »

^ this

T

-Clayton

I've taken it out a few times. But it's not practical to take it out and leave it out because I run my kids around in it a lot. And in between I like to bring my dog to and from my shop or I have to grab stuff from a store on the way home. I just need to find a way to lock it in the folded forward position. Maybe a strap of some sort that I can apply in a minute. I was thinking someone on here had already come up with an idea, because that is usually the case.

Home depot has these Hangit things in the tool storage area used for wrapping around like electric cords and ropes and securing them and then using the caribener to hang the stuff, grab two of those, one for each side of the roll cage inside, and either use rope, a ratchet strap, or a bungie to secure the seat. happy hunting!

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: