Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
April 22, 2018, 10:52:12 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serenity 2.0 Build  (Read 1855 times)
Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »

ARB Twin OBA
 Installed (What a PITA that was)  Initially tried the under hood mount but the hard-lines are moved and basically make this impossible without major modification, decided to go with the TeraFlex under seat mount. Was planning on CMM because i have several of their products but their mount does not allow for the Air Manifold Kit.  Got that wired up and tested Love this mod being able to air up quickly and effiencetly was awesome i was able to do mine and 2 others so much faster than previously

Carolina Metal Masters Grab Bar w/Ram ball Mount
Customized with jeep name and slogan, love this mount i have tested it with a phone and a larger tablet testing with an iPad this coming weekend so far everything has been rock solid.  This is my 2nd Piece of CMM gear and everything is just such high quality Already planning to order the seat / accessory mount

PoisonSpyder HD Cross Member
Nothing to say here swapped the crap stock one for a solid thick steel one. Stock ones tend to bend and dent And then warp your skids. So it was easier to swap out now and have peace of mind. Wish i had a better pic its significantly beefier than stock

Ace SKids:
PITA to install DO NOT recommend to anyone! That said there was no way the front skid was going to fit with the exhaust modifications that were done (Pipe bends below Driveshaft to provide clearance... Soo UPGRADES.  But the skids are now installed so thats a thing

Heres the old problem i ran into that leads to our next update

Needed a shop more local than ORI for some of these small things i couldn't handle so I reached out to Colin @ Quality Performance Group. To get the Y-Pipe and Driveshaft

aFe Twisted Steel Y-Pipe
Decided this was probably my best long-term fix since it fixed my immediate Problem (Crossover to low)  and provided a significant upgrade in clearance for the front driveshaft.  It relocates the crossover behind the Crossmember and in front of the transfer case while also keeping it out of the way of the long arms.

And the new clearance

When i stopped by QPG  to discuss ordering the pipe and install we took a look at the problem and discussed the option of also adding a Driveshaft And my stock being at such an extreme angle sitting in place.  Went ahead and ordered an Adams Drive shaft while the skids were going to be down and before the xover pipe was installed in the way

Adams 1310 Front Extreme Duty Series
Front only for now as mentioned in talking with Colin@QPG  it made sense to do it now while it was easier to access with everything apart and i was really not comfortable with the angle of the stock shaft

This is the angle the stock DriveShaft was at sitting level on flat ground  Duh

Next up Is Summer Conversion! Trektop NX Glide and a ALienSunshade sitting in my living room waiting to go on this weekend.

2011 JKU Rubicon Project "Serenity" -> SOLD
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon Serenity 2.0
VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2018, 06:37:37 AM »

Gonna love the Adams drive shaft. Did both front and rear on R3.

I love the look of those wheels!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:56:03 AM by VA6489 »

Cheers
RRR

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »

Besttop NX Glide
AlienSunshade
EVO Evap Skid

Posted from somewhere in the verse

« Last Edit: Today at 11:02:15 AM by Dynamic »

Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2018, 09:17:34 PM »

After checking all the bolts and working on jeeps for the day.  We got out and tested the flex very happy with the TF setup.  And i still had more room to go but i was sitting on top of the 37s

Posted from somewhere in the verse

« Last Edit: Today at 06:38:38 AM by Dynamic »

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: