Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
April 22, 2018, 10:58:41 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with XJ value  (Read 159 times)
widefat
Forum User
« on: April 14, 2018, 09:20:26 AM »

Apologies in advance if I am posting in the wrong place.

I have a 93 XJ that I need to sale.  The problem, I really dont know the market value.

The body is solid - no dents.  I'll have to check closely for any rust, but a cursory go over did not reveal any.
Interior is marginal - no headliner and a couple of holes in the driver seat.
It needs front end work  - not sure what is wrong, but the right front wheel sometimes shakes when going around a left hand curve. 
It runs ok, but the engine is shot - what oil it does not burn leaks. 230k. 

5 speed, 2.5L

It belongs to my son, but I am handling the sale for him since it is sitting on my farm.  Located near Orange, Va. Clear title.

TIA \!

AutoTraker
Forum User
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:23:56 AM »

Sounds to me like junk value. Unless it has a fantastic body. Sounds like it needs a motor, has a trashed interior, and a serious issue with the front end. Value of a 2.5L XJ has always been on the low end. A couple 3 hundred bucks maybe. Personally unless it had something like a fantastic body, I wouldn't pay more than maybe $100.
Sorry for the bad news.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

--
Rich...
Last count have 3 Jeeps. A CJ, TJ & a XJ.  Also got a Yota.
I Live in a Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots.
Central Virginia Jeepers
RCPFA
zuke
Forum User
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »

I agree with Autotraker, there really isn't much value there, you might have more luck taking the axles out and selling them separate, you could probably get about $400 for the axles, and then scrap the rest (They're 4.10 axles).

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
1990 SJ Waggy
1989 XJ Cherocar
unl1mtd
BOD
King George, VA
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 01:38:11 PM »

I agree with Autotraker, there really isn't much value there, you might have more luck taking the axles out and selling them separate, you could probably get about $400 for the axles, and then scrap the rest (They're 4.10 axles).

Agreed on the axles.  Itís not a desirable platform and has a bunch of major issues.

AutoTraker
Forum User
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 04:44:58 PM »

Well one good axle, the front HP d30. The rear is probably a d35 which I doubt has much resale value.
Actually the ax5 is probably also sellable. Good ones are getting quite rare.
Fenders, rear hatch, header panel, maybe the doors, hood, are all possible candidates for sale.
But that means a lot of work too for what he'll get for it over and above scrap value.
Where is Obama now with the $1000 cash for clunkers. I know that would have qualified. 

--
Rich...
Last count have 3 Jeeps. A CJ, TJ & a XJ.  Also got a Yota.
I Live in a Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots.
Central Virginia Jeepers
RCPFA
widefat
Forum User
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 05:07:34 AM »

Thanks for the help folks!~

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: