Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
April 22, 2018, 10:59:11 PM

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rausch Run 12 May  (Read 418 times)
VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »

Few of us were discussing a trail run to Rausch Creek.

Plan to run up on Friday afternoon/evening  and then Wheel Rausch on Saturday. Depending on who is interested willl dictate the trails to run. Never been there but heard lots about the place.   Couple of weeks to sort out yoru rigs. Will over night at the Hampton Inn in Pine Grove.

1) VA6489- CB, Winch
2) Bigjimbo - CB Winch
3) 01somws6- CB-Winch
4) Dynamic - CB
5)
6) Jkrazy ( maybe)
7) Acubides  (maybe)
Cool Ose  (Maybe)
9)
10)

My Plan:
Going to run up on Friday at some point and hit the Hampton inn at Pine grove. Great little dinner cross the street for breakfast.  For those who are camping, God bless you , my tired old bones don't sleep ont eh ground anymore.  Will meet all at the park  when they open and see who we have and skill levels.  Need to see if we get Colin to get his horse together... at present  we have two adept spotters 3 out of 4 have recovery gear.  I have a no man left behind attitude.  Goal of the day it to bring back  the rigs in the same condition they started in.

Rausch Creek:
A planned and well thought out  Jeep Park (Really any 4wd full size rig).  The trail system ranges from fire roads to  WTF did I get into.  I will say this your rig is far more capable than you think. with proper spotting and team work  most rigs in this club can make the Grean/Blue/Black trails. Red trails we will forgo this time round.  Concerns, Yes mine is a daily driver and yes "stupid you have to drive this home".  So I plan to wheel  with this in mind.

Rigs:
Make sure your rig is ready to run.  if you need tools  please bring them as you know what you need.  Tire repair kit, if you have one bring it.  Functioning  spare tire and a jack.   I have seen  01somws6's rig and know  we have two well equiped rigs for recovery if required.  Recovery, this means  if you get stuck primarily Not looking to put anyone in a rollover condition.  Rubber down, metal up! If you have a winch bring your recovery gear to go with it, shackles, straps etc.  Air down in the parking lot and then hit the trails. Air is available in the lot I understand.

There is a fee to play at Rausch. Check the website.

For those who don't know me.

I am a technical  driver, like a good challenge and wheel responsibly. I am not a Wheels spinning wildly trowing mud and rocks. That just break stuff and leaves a bad impression of responsible wheelers.  I have been off roading  for the better part of 30 years in various Jeeps and Trucks.  My approach to a trail is to find a line and work the line.   My line may not be good for you. If you ask me to spot, I will look at your rig and do my best to keep you from damage. I ask you to trust me a ( complete stranger) to have you best interest at heart in getting your rig  thru the challenge.  If you are uncertain  lets talk thru the challenge develop a plan and exicute. I will be your eyes and walk you thru the plan.  Spotting is not difficult  but it does require team work.

Last bit.
Bring  food and drink.  we can meet up for dinner  at the diner  on the way home. Planning on RTB on Saturday.

Looking forward to it!

Rob.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:40:33 AM by VA6489 »

Cheers
RRR

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
JKrazy
Member 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 11:45:03 AM »

If I'm not out of town maybe I can join ya. 

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
Davetopay
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 12:38:12 PM »

Wish I could go, but this XJ will not be ready. Neutral

I think I saw a thing, but I don't know what thing I thought I saw.
bigjimbo
Member 2018
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »

You can count me in. Have CB and winch

2012 JKU - RIPP SC - 4" TERAFLEX
37X12.50R17 - WALKER EVANS
ARTEC AXLE ARMOR - ROCKHARD SKIDS
01somws6
Forum User
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 08:30:46 PM »

Hm, tempting!  I think i need to try to make this one.

VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 07:11:18 AM »

Hm, tempting!  I think i need to try to make this one.

Come on Alaska! bring Scout with ya.

PS. great wheeling with ya this weekend

Rob.

Cheers
RRR

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 10:28:48 AM »

All going please  log into Rausch Creek web page and become a participant on the May 12 ride.

http://wheelwith.us/event/jp

Thanks

Cheers
RRR

Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 10:36:32 AM »

Pencil me in, that's mothers day weekend so i will be in PA anyway i will reach out and see what the schedule looks like for the weekend.  I should be able to get away for Saturday to do this.  They live about 30 min from RC So i have been there alot i am cool with any range upto and including blacks.  I have full coms & gear except no winch yet.

2011 JKU Rubicon Project "Serenity" -> SOLD
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon Serenity 2.0
VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 11:50:03 AM »

Pencil me in, that's mothers day weekend so i will be in PA anyway i will reach out and see what the schedule looks like for the weekend.  I should be able to get away for Saturday to do this.  They live about 30 min from RC So i have been there alot i am cool with any range upto and including blacks.  I have full coms & gear except no winch yet.

Cool,  I think we have enough capability to extract if needed. goal is to not need to pull line.  See ya there sir. Please go on line with Roausch and  registar as a participant for our run.

Thanks
R3

Cheers
RRR

Dropkick
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
Manassas, VA
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 12:57:02 PM »

This is very tempting. This will be the weekend following my regear and locker install so could be a good chance to test out the new digs. Checking my calendar with the wife's.

WWW Logged

Shamus

'09JKU
VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 01:49:50 PM »

Lookign forward to meeting you.

Cheers
RRR

Dropkick
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
Manassas, VA
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 05:26:32 PM »

This is very tempting. This will be the weekend following my regear and locker install so could be a good chance to test out the new digs. Checking my calendar with the wife's.

No dice, we'll be in Maine for my brother in-law's college graduation. Next time. 

WWW Logged

Shamus

'09JKU
acubides
Member 2018
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »

I'm pulling some strings to make this happen but won't know for sure until a couple weeks. This sounds like an awesome trip!

VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 09:11:50 AM »

I'm pulling some strings to make this happen but won't know for sure until a couple weeks. This sounds like an awesome trip!

Cool.
make sure you go on lin ewith Rausch and sign up to teh ride.  Have 10 slots.

Cheers
RRR

VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »

Bump,

For all of those heading up to Rausch on the 12, please  visit the Rausch Web site and sign up for out trail ride please.

Cheers
Rob

Cheers
RRR

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: