Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
June 18, 2018, 12:22:06 AM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rausch Creek June run.  (Read 1795 times)
Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2018, 07:53:14 PM »

Heres my rough tracing of our adventure i didnt have the tracking setup so old school my best rundown is :
Start - Parking Lot
Went Down A  ---> Took 3B a Short Way   ---> Grabbed black Cutover back to A
Came back around Down A  ---> Picked up 3B again till 3A
the 1st Black "Hills" Path --> Grabbed C To ---> Yellow Jacket
Yellow Jacket ---> C to ---> B ---> D
D to Crawler Ridge Back ---> Back to D ---> Back to E
E To Tower Road ---> to J ---> J to 15 (Looked long and hard at Crawl Daddy - Passed)
15 to 11 ---> 11 upto H/J intersect ---> J Grabbed 12A
12A ---> 12 B ---> J To 12 C  ---> To H  ---> To Powerline
Powerline to 101 Hills  ---> To 101 ---> To E
Took Break at E/Cemetary  ---> To B  ---> To C
C to Topless For Tatas Trail Ran 1st Black Side on
TfT ---> To Lower O  --->  T0 C ---> To A --->  A to Parking Lot

Posted from somewhere in the verse

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:59:28 PM by Dynamic »

2011 JKU Rubicon Project "Serenity" -> SOLD
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon Serenity 2.0
ENJYLFTJ
Forum User
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2018, 08:18:07 AM »

Had a great time. Definitely need to do it again. Thanks for the pointers and the cable pull for the final 15 feet of the big hill climb. "Lt. Dan ain't go no legs"... Laughing I need to make another attempt once I get my rear axle in. The "to do" list also got a little longer....Tally-Ho!....  Cheers

VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2018, 04:13:42 PM »

Had a great time. Definitely need to do it again. Thanks for the pointers and the cable pull for the final 15 feet of the big hill climb. "Lt. Dan ain't go no legs"... Laughing I need to make another attempt once I get my rear axle in. The "to do" list also got a little longer....Tally-Ho!....  Cheers
Hey LT Dan, if you need some hands for the 8.8, let me know. I might suggest a little look at GREARS! LOL.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2018, 06:12:46 AM »

Any video ??????

Cheers
RRR

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2018, 06:59:11 AM »

Heres my rough tracing of our adventure i didnt have the tracking setup so old school my best rundown is :
Start - Parking Lot
Went Down A  ---> Took 3B a Short Way   ---> Grabbed black Cutover back to A
Came back around Down A  ---> Picked up 3B again till 3A
the 1st Black "Hills" Path --> Grabbed C To ---> Yellow Jacket
Yellow Jacket ---> C to ---> B ---> D
D to Crawler Ridge Back ---> Back to D ---> Back to E
E To Tower Road ---> to J ---> J to 15 (Looked long and hard at Crawl Daddy - Passed)
15 to 11 ---> 11 upto H/J intersect ---> J Grabbed 12A
12A ---> 12 B ---> J To 12 C  ---> To H  ---> To Powerline
Powerline to 101 Hills  ---> To 101 ---> To E
Took Break at E/Cemetary  ---> To B  ---> To C
C to Topless For Tatas Trail Ran 1st Black Side on
TfT ---> To Lower O  --->  T0 C ---> To A --->  A to Parking Lot

We covered some ground on this trip.  The first couple of climbs were  fantastic. No much in the way of pictures  thsi trip as we spent a bunch of time  running.  Hope to see you all on the July trip.

PS, My right seater  that day was my brother. while we had logged a lot of time on trails  it had been 30 years for Jim since he was on a "Jeep" trail.  He had a great tiem and was amazed  at how far these things have come from the days of the early CJs. He had a great time meeting all of you and I am sure  he will be back for the next adventrue.

Cheers R3

Cheers
RRR

ENJYLFTJ
Forum User
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »

Hey LT Dan, if you need some hands for the 8.8, let me know. I might suggest a little look at GREARS! LOL.

Thanks for the offer on the axle. This project will have to be chipped away at a couple of hours at a time with my schedule but I'll reach out if I need anything. I also need to drop the tank to replace the factory skid while I'm there. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the Pots run. It's in the middle of my beach trip. Looks like it's going to be another great group but I'll catch the next one...oh the challenge of 3 peddles, 2 feet, and a limited crawling ability Laughing

overhead
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 09:20:57 AM »

Thanks for the offer on the axle. This project will have to be chipped away at a couple of hours at a time with my schedule but I'll reach out if I need anything. I also need to drop the tank to replace the factory skid while I'm there. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the Pots run. It's in the middle of my beach trip. Looks like it's going to be another great group but I'll catch the next one...oh the challenge of 3 peddles, 2 feet, and a limited crawling ability Laughing

if you have a tj or yj pick up a hand throttle. makes that third foot easier.

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
VA6489
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2018, 10:06:53 AM »

Three peddles, two feet, no problem.... have one word to fix that..... G E A R S....    3.07 and 2:1 T case make for some tough  crawlin... keep in mind your other modifications and once you get inside teh axles re-gear for the final tire size.   PS have soem  35/12.50 x 17 MTs for sale... you will need rims yes but the tires are good and will fit your budget, but you will need a lift  LOL.

Cheers
RRR

bigjimbo
Member 2018
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2018, 08:14:26 PM »

PICS! A few vids too: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XdpUmBLeU2wngKXC6

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:18:27 PM by bigjimbo »

2012 JKU - RIPP SC - 4" TERAFLEX
37X13.50R17 - TRAIL READY HD17
UD60s - ROCKHARD SKIDS - WARN10S
Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2018, 08:24:37 PM »

Thanks Jimbo!  Jeep Wave

I picked up a GoPro Tonight so i can contribute more in the future

bigjimbo
Member 2018
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2018, 08:29:27 PM »

Thanks Jimbo!  Jeep Wave

I picked up a GoPro Tonight so i can contribute more in the future
Sweet!  I have one, but never bring it. I didn't get many shots of mine.  Well...other than THE shock haha

2012 JKU - RIPP SC - 4" TERAFLEX
37X13.50R17 - TRAIL READY HD17
UD60s - ROCKHARD SKIDS - WARN10S
Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2018, 08:46:19 PM »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i94xGjcNVRWu2gJZ7

Super Slacking of me I never Created an album, I got a few shots and 1 vid of Jimbo that cutoff cause I ran up to check clearance

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:48:01 PM by Dynamic »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: