Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
March 18, 2019, 09:30:55 PM

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Firecracker Red JLU Rubicon Build  (Read 7097 times)
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2018, 09:51:57 PM »

35s have been ordered!  (Thanks Ken!)  315/70/R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros!  As long as they're in by Friday, they will be installed Saturday morning along with my Spidertrax wheel spacers.  Can't wait!  I will post pics.

FYI, still haven't decided on a lift yet.  Debating between the Mopar lift and a Metal Cloak lift.

Donnie, are you still rolling with the Spidertrax spacers? You like them?

I'm about to put 35s on my JLU on stock (JK) wheels, so I'm thinking I need to add spacers.

Chris

Hey Chris, not anymore.  I sold them to the guy who bought my stock wheels and 35s.  They were great.  They really improved the stance of my rig with the stock wheels.  The spacers aren't necessary like they were with the JK but it will improve the look of your rig and make it feel more stable with the wider stance.  Let me know if you have any additional questions.   Cheers

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
Mud_Rebel
Member 2019 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2018, 12:28:57 PM »

Thanks Donnie. That is helpful. I know a lot of folks have strong opinions about spacers, but I want to try them out.  Dunno? I love the look and added stability.

Chris Sanders

2018 Silver JLU Sport, 2.5" RC lift, 35" TreadWright MTs, Rubi Rock Rails
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2018, 12:09:18 AM »

Thanks Donnie. That is helpful. I know a lot of folks have strong opinions about spacers, but I want to try them out.  Dunno? I love the look and added stability.

You're welcome!  I was one of those people who never liked the idea of using spacers..............until I actually used them.  I had no issues and would definitely recommend the 1.75' Spidertrax spacers for a JL with stock wheels.   Cheers

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2019, 12:48:18 AM »

Added some Rancho skids........the front diff slider to protect the drain plug on the bottom and rear lower control arm/shock mount skids.  They hang down low on the JL.  I had already banged them up pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mud_Rebel
Member 2019 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2019, 02:15:08 PM »

Added some Rancho skids........the front diff slider to protect the drain plug on the bottom and rear lower control arm/shock mount skids.  They hang down low on the JL.  I had already banged them up pretty good.

Donnie, I love the look of those red skids. And, of course, that is what is most important with skids, right!? Thumbs Up I was planning to go with MC ones, but I'm going to check Rancho out now.

Chris

Chris Sanders

2018 Silver JLU Sport, 2.5" RC lift, 35" TreadWright MTs, Rubi Rock Rails
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2019, 02:21:59 PM »

Haha, thanks!  The red does look nice!  Now I need to order the rear diff slider.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:10:36 PM by Jeepin_Donnie »

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »

This beauty arrived from Steersmarts.  Canít wait to install it!

SHYUperman
Member 2019
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2019, 09:43:02 AM »

Nice! Any plans on the tie rod too?

IG: hellava_yella
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »

Nice! Any plans on the tie rod too?

Thanks.  Yes, definitely!  But it will probably be a few months unfortunately.

SHYUperman
Member 2019
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2019, 11:43:00 PM »

What made you upgrade?  Saw that Synergy posted their tie rod, SS and drag link on JLF, I wonder how it compares to the Steer Smart stuff.  I had a synergy tie rod and drag link on my JKU.

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2019, 11:12:41 AM »

What made you upgrade?  Saw that Synergy posted their tie rod, SS and drag link on JLF, I wonder how it compares to the Steer Smart stuff.  I had a synergy tie rod and drag link on my JKU.

I've read nothing but great things about the Steersmarts stuff.  I'm hoping centering my axle will help a little with the bump steer I have.  I also ordered a Fox steering stabilizer but I know that really won't make much of a difference.  I'm going to add a rear track bar bracket as well.  The Mopar lift is not complete at all.  It rides nice, but it's definitely not complete.  I should have been more patient and gotten a RK or MC lift. 

SHYUperman
Member 2019
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2019, 12:05:06 PM »

Definitely a lot of great reviews for Steersmart.  How much lift did you get with the Mopar kit?

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »

Definitely a lot of great reviews for Steersmart.  How much lift did you get with the Mopar kit?

I don't remember exactly what the measurements were but it was somewhere around 3 to 3.5 inches.

R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2019, 05:01:47 PM »

I've read nothing but great things about the Steersmarts stuff.  I'm hoping centering my axle will help a little with the bump steer I have.  I also ordered a Fox steering stabilizer but I know that really won't make much of a difference.  I'm going to add a rear track bar bracket as well.  The Mopar lift is not complete at all.  It rides nice, but it's definitely not complete.  I should have been more patient and gotten a RK or MC lift. 
Donnie, your "bump steer" is a result of drag link and track bar mis alignment they need to be parallel or as close as possible.

Centering the axle will help with tracking.

Cheers...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....
next?

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2019, 05:11:54 PM »

Donnie, your "bump steer" is a result of drag link and track bar mis alignment they need to be parallel or as close as possible.

Centering the axle will help with tracking.

Cheers...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Bow Down  I knew something didn't make sense when I was typing.  My lift should have included track bar brackets to correct this.  The bump steer isn't bad (a little worse than my JK), but it would be nice to minimize it as much as possible.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: