Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
September 26, 2018, 07:50:34 AM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best shop for accidents repairs/estimates on a CJ7  (Read 276 times)
I6CJ7
Forum User
« on: June 10, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »

Got into an accident yesterday... And my driverside front hit the rear passenger of a car.  Fender, bumper are trashed. No big deal. But my steering wheel is half upside-down now, I think it spun the shaft on the box splines where it connects, the passenger side shackle is cocked way outward, i either bent the 1 ton tierod and or the steering knuckles on the dana 30.. I don't think the frame is bent but i don't know for sure. Possibly bent the passenger side leaf springs which may be why the shackle looks off. I was able to drive it home. Didn't feel bad.

Can anyone recommend shop to have this looked and gone through? It's been my daily for almost 10 years. I do have full coverage through progressive. But i hope they don't come and say its online worth $2k when rust free CJs are Goin for 3x that now. I'll never sell it, just want to get it all fixed and gone through asap.

sirjames186
Member 2018 VA4WD
05 LJ
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »

Ocd offroad just did a full rebuild on a CJ and I know other members have had work done there.

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
I6CJ7
Forum User
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 03:33:04 PM »

I'll check them out, i like the name OCD... Because that's exactly how i am with my CJ

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 06:33:10 PM »

Sorry to hear. I doubt I would have any luck with my CJ going through insurance. I feel I would find out they would want to total it and I would say no thanks and fix it all myself.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
I6CJ7
Forum User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 06:41:29 PM »

Yeah idk what the best course is. If they total it i can buy it back and use the money to fix it right?

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 07:03:24 PM »

Yeah idk what the best course is. If they total it i can buy it back and use the money to fix it right?

Or let them do the estimate and if it is not good, just tell them you donít want to go through the insurance for your work. I assume you will still have them cover the other car though.

Good luck. And I assume no one was hurt. I hope not anyway.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
highlandercj-7
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 07:34:00 AM »

Sounds like you need a frame shop. It needs put on the rack to see how jacked it is. Where are you located?

HighlanderCJ-7
I6CJ7
Forum User
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 04:17:27 PM »

manassas, I dont think* the frame is jacked... at least i hope not. Maybe tweaked where the bumper was bolted, Any recommendations? I'm very picky and leary of most places as they are all robbers in my opinion

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: