Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
July 20, 2018, 05:47:07 AM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flag Pole today.....  (Read 153 times)
Davetopay
« on: July 11, 2018, 05:15:52 PM »

Rolled out to hit the Sheetz in H burg by 9 am and meet up with Garner and his green CJ (nice jeep!)

Gassed up, aired down, disconnected and rolled out.

Went up by way of Switzer Lake and actually managed to pass a couple rangers and their summer interns coming back down the trail. Those were the only humans we encountered until we were exiting the trail on the gravel portion of Dunkle Hollow/Union Springs.

I was really rather surprised by how technical some of the obstacles had become. If I had run the trail in the other direction I really think it would have been difficult in a mostly stock XJ between stair case and the big up hill.

Anyway, it was a fun day and I was pleasantly surprised at how well the XJ did with its blown out springs and little 30 inch Walmart Goodyears......It won't stay that way for long.......

I think I saw a thing, but I don't know what thing I thought I saw.
RattleTrap55
Member 2018
84 CJ7
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 07:45:14 AM »

Dave,

Great day on the trail - thank you for your time and patience yesterday. Not only did I have great time but I learned a lot. It was nice having the trail to ourselves and not feeling rushed.

Dribbles was clearly "the little XJ that could". Thumbs Up

Ready for another adventure!

Garner

3.5 Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 08:08:48 AM »

Dave,

Great day on the trail - thank you for your time and patience yesterday. Not only did I have great time but I learned a lot. It was nice having the trail to ourselves and not feeling rushed.

Dribbles was clearly "the little XJ that could". Thumbs Up

Ready for another adventure!

Garner

Any issues with the CJ?  Did you make use of the locker?

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
RattleTrap55
Member 2018
84 CJ7
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »

The CJ did well - it could use a more experienced driver... Yes I did have a chance to put the locker through it paces and it is really nice. We took the less traveled path when possible and I played on some more technical obstacles under the watchful eye of Coach Davetopay  Thumbs Up.

We need to take an afternoon (a day if I am there) and drop your locker in the Scrambler.

3.5 Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 08:33:26 AM »

The CJ did well - it could use a more experienced driver... Yes I did have a chance to put the locker through it paces and it is really nice. We took the less traveled path when possible and I played on some more technical obstacles under the watchful eye of Coach Davetopay  Thumbs Up.

We need to take an afternoon (a day if I am there) and drop your locker in the Scrambler.

Good news. And agreed on getting mine in.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Davetopay
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 10:01:06 AM »

that was a great day. It also has me itching to get more of my build done. Tempted to tear into it today to see if I can get the leafs done by this evening......unless some other parts come my way and I need to go get them.....

I think I saw a thing, but I don't know what thing I thought I saw.
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: