Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
July 20, 2018, 07:37:25 AM

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The terrible new inspection sticker location  (Read 5096 times)
highlandercj-7
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2018, 07:01:31 AM »

With all the tinted windows and trying to read it through the backside? You would be lucky to see they had a sticker let alone know if it's valid. I reckon PSP tactics are different.

HighlanderCJ-7
HAWAIICJ
MacGyver
BOD
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »

You will not get in trouble for a inspection sticker not filled out but the inspector will!

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2018, 04:02:53 PM »

You will not get in trouble for a inspection sticker not filled out but the inspector will!

Hmmmm. This particular inspector has been an arse to me in the past .........

Actually, I already started filling it out. Just need to add the VIN. Pen stopped working writing upright. Will try to finish tonight. For his sake.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
dave2002ti
Member 2018
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »

Damn shame most of your aren't old enough to remember when you had to get your vehicle inspected every 6 months in VA.

I just have the dealer do it when I am in for service. Tired of dealing with service stations etc who attempt to flunk me to generate business and profit.

Back many years knew an inspection place behind Marlo Furniture off of I395 that would pass a vehicle for two cases of Miller Lite.

I just figured new location made it easier for LE to notice it was expired on the fly. Old location w/wiper blades made it difficult to tell.

I agree time for one plate either front or rear. Not sure what end states use for photo enforcement. And VA should use the other end.

But its much scarier driving in MD since they dont have yearly inspections.  Last week the old Ford next to me had 3 wheels that were different sizes on it when I was hustling down I95 towards the beltway.

Dave Apker

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2018, 04:31:42 PM »

I agree about driving in MD. The lack of annual inspections and the noticeable increase in the number of vehicles on the side of the road is no coincidence. 

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Jeep Freak
Website Committee/TRC
BOD
Jeep Jedi
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »

I agree about driving in MD. The lack of annual inspections and the noticeable increase in the number of vehicles on the side of the road is no coincidence. 

Florida is worse.

'93 YJ SOA on 36s
'13 JKUR
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2018, 04:44:30 PM »

Florida is worse.

You get the added bonus of the slow drivers down there too. Like my grandmother who pulled out in front of a state trooper on a major highway and proceeded to go 25. Yeah. She got a ticket.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Squints
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2018, 04:48:39 PM »

If the following was already brought up, my apologies (I haven't trolled through the whole thread...)

...but does anyone think, or know if its going to be an issue with 5 inch KC spotlights (or whatever you have) sitting right there on the edge?

2010 Wangler Mountain
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2018
The seller and trader of many things.
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2018, 04:52:48 PM »

Florida is worse.

You get the added bonus of the slow drivers down there too. Like my grandmother who pulled out in front of a state trooper on a major highway and proceeded to go 25. Yeah. She got a ticket.

Nothing’s as wild as Montana! No inspection or emissions testing required!

2002 TJ Sport
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam
Squints
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2018, 03:11:58 PM »

[/quote]

Nothing’s as wild as Montana! No inspection or emissions testing required!
[/quote]

Well, do horses REALLY need annual inspections?  Emissions....sure, but inspections?   LOL

2010 Wangler Mountain
RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2018, 07:01:08 AM »

...but does anyone think, or know if its going to be an issue with 5 inch KC spotlights (or whatever you have) sitting right there on the edge?

Elaborate more.  At a minimum I think you would need to have covers for them (unless they are DOT/SAE marked).  If they block your view, that could be another issue.

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
I6CJ7
Forum User
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2018, 07:09:48 AM »

Update since i originally started this thread.. Finall got nailed for my 2014 sticker on the CJ.... Cop, was decent. He laughed, and i showed him that with the new sticker placement, and my visor down. I have a 6"s of window to see through on the driver side. I asked if it was to move it back to the middle after inspection if that was ok. He didn't quite know. But said he saw no problem with it.

gravitywell
Forum User
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2018, 11:11:14 AM »

I recently traded out of a 2015 Cherokee KL and into a Willys W.

My last inspection in the Cherokee was in March and I failed: My A-pillar cube lights needed to have "factory" covers. I couldn't just tape them up, or put a cinch-bag over them.

Another reason I failed was because of my Assateague Island OVS annual pass was displayed in the bottom right corner. Apparently we're not permitted to have ANY kinds of stickers in the window? I bought the covers, removed the pass (it was expiring in April anyway). And got my pass.

I did notice with the new placement it was well behind the A-Pillar cube light, and wasn't readable / visible from the front of the vehicle.

Does anyone know what a good option for mounting my Assateague Island OVS pass is in the Wrangler, since the front windshield is apparently out of the question?

2018 2 Door Wrangler JK - Willys W
Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2018, 07:33:47 PM »

I cant complain to much but dang i feel like they could have brought it all the way to the corner to give me that little extra space. 

I also never heard the rule about no stickers on the windshield i have a few bigdogs stickers on atm and it passed fine along with my community parking decal

Posted from somewhere in the verse

2011 JKU Rubicon Project "Serenity" -> SOLD
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon Serenity 2.0
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: