Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 18, 2018, 07:37:06 AM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rausch Creek, Saturday August 11th  (Read 4097 times)
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2018, 03:27:23 PM »

Hey All!  Bumped I have to drop out.  Have friends coming in town that I havent seen in a long time.  I will be in next time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries!  Hopefully you can make it next time. 

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2018, 03:52:01 PM »

Here's an updated "wheelers" list for Saturday   Mr. Green:

1: Jeepin_Donnie, confirmed (Donnie)
2: Ryan, confirmed (Donnie's, wife's cousin)
3: VA6489, confirmed (Rob)
4: Tom, confirmed (Rob's friend)
5: R3dhand, confirmed (Bill)
6: Acubides, confirmed (Andrew)
7: CLS TJ, maybe (Chris)
8: VAJK 456, maybe (Chris)
9: Umar, maybe
10: elgordomucho, maybe

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:53:41 PM by Jeepin_Donnie »

r3dhand
Member 2018
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2018, 03:55:38 PM »

I'm still in. Will be camping so I'll meet up in the staging area by 8:00, probably more like 7:30.

Weather is starting to look a bit sketchy. Now I see thunderstorms forecasted for Friday and Saturday. Yesterday Friday was fine. Hopefully it changes for the better by then.
We are heading up early Friday, camping as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2017 JKU
2.5" Teraflex lift w/ shocks, Monster adjustable track bar, Alpine front lower control arms
33" Mickey Thompson 305/65R17 ATZs, Mammoth 8 black wagon wheels
Barricade HD front and rear bumpers
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2018, 05:03:25 PM »

I'm still in. Will be camping so I'll meet up in the staging area by 8:00, probably more like 7:30.

Weather is starting to look a bit sketchy. Now I see thunderstorms forecasted for Friday and Saturday. Yesterday Friday was fine. Hopefully it changes for the better by then.
We are heading up early Friday, camping as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cheers   Thumbs Up

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2018, 05:40:01 AM »

Another update:

Here ya go:

1: Jeepin_Donnie, confirmed (Donnie)
2: Ryan, confirmed (Donnie's, wife's cousin)
3: VA6489, confirmed (Rob)
4: Tom, confirmed (Rob's friend)
5: R3dhand, confirmed (Bill)
6: Acubides, confirmed (Andrew)
7: BoxerCorps, confirmed (Anthony)
8: VAJK 456, maybe (Chris)
9: CLS TJ, maybe (Chris)
10: elgordomucho, maybe

VAJK456
Member 2018
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2018, 04:38:12 PM »

Anyone know if well be stopping back at the check in area for a lunch break during the day? Ill need to be back in VA late afternoon, so Ill need to leave Rausch around 12pm, and that would be a good point to leave from. Otherwise Im not sure how Id get back on a main road from deep in the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WWW Logged
R3
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »

What a great day!
Donnie, thanks for allowing me to guide.
The crew we had was first rate. Kudos to West Virginia and Rhode Island, you guys rock for traveling so far just to hang on the trails.
Checked the map, 8.1 miles in 8+ hrs. I think I walked close to that many miles spotting.
Andrew you are becoming a great spotter soon you will be leading trail rides. You can spot for me anytime.

Redhand! Unlocked jku.... Went everywhere!!!!! Bill you are the man in that thing. Thanks for allowing us to get our NASCAR on at the end. Hope the tire is repairable.

We did get a couple folks out of their comfort zones and all did extremely well. That brand new JLUR.... Capable machine, very impressed with both the machine and the driver.

Hope you guys post some pictures or links to some. I spent too much time spotting and leading to take any.

Where are we going in September?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:41:08 AM by VA6489 »

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....
next?

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
acubides
Member 2018
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2018, 09:17:40 PM »

I too had a great day! So glad the weather turned for the better. Those trails would be a lot harder in the rain.

Thanks again, Rob. Each time I'm out with you I learn more and more about spotting and wheeling. A please to wheel and learn from you.

Thanks for the offer to help fix my steps but I think they are good now. Managed to bend them back down enough.

Donnie, your JL is awesome and almost had me going to the dealership today to test drive one but I held back at the last minute, haha. L

Here are my photos and videos from the day:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7avSXiT27rdsfoTp8

The videos do no justice. It does not show the difficulty at all. Almost looks too easy.

I would have had more videos but my phone kept complaining of moisture detected in charging port and battery was pretty low.

As for next month, I'm game but would like to go somewhere else other than Rausch to change things up.

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2018, 10:08:04 PM »

What a great day!
The crew we had was first rate. Kudos to West Virginia and Rhode Island, you guys rock for traveling so far just to hang on the trails.
Checked the map, 8.1 miles in 8+ hrs. I think I walked close to that many miles spotting.
Andrew you are becoming a great spotter soon you will be leading trail rides. You can spot for me anytime.

Redhand! Unlocked jku.... Went everywhere!!!!! Bill you are the man in that think. Thanks for allowing us to get our NASCAR on at the end. Hope the tire is repairable.

We did get a couple folks out of their comfort zones and all did extremely well. That brand new JLUR.... Capable machine, very impressed with both the machine and the driver.

Hope you guys post some pictures or links to some. I spent too much time spotting and leading to take any.

Here's the link to my photos on Flickr:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/32518306@N02/page1

Labor Day weekend, Saturday, who wants to do Rausch again? 

Late September or early October, let's do Windrock!  A long weekend, Friday through Monday would be awesome!

Thoughts?

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2018, 12:04:44 AM »

I too had a great day! So glad the weather turned for the better. Those trails would be a lot harder in the rain.

Thanks again, Rob. Each time I'm out with you I learn more and more about spotting and wheeling. A please to wheel and learn from you.

Thanks for the offer to help fix my steps but I think they are good now. Managed to bend them back down enough.

Donnie, your JL is awesome and almost had me going to the dealership today to test drive one but I held back at the last minute, haha. L

Here are my photos and videos from the day:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7avSXiT27rdsfoTp8

The videos do no justice. It does not show the difficulty at all. Almost looks too easy.

I would have had more videos but my phone kept complaining of moisture detected in charging port and battery was pretty low.

As for next month, I'm game but would like to go somewhere else other than Rausch to change things up.

Haha, thanks!  Yeah I love my JLUR! 

Trail 11 is insane now due to the washouts and ruts.  You're right, those videos do the trail no justice!  Great pics and videos!

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2018, 12:08:01 AM »

What a great day!

Redhand! Unlocked jku.... Went everywhere!!!!! Bill you are the man in that think. Thanks for allowing us to get our NASCAR on at the end. Hope the tire is repairable.

Thank you Rob!  And thank you for your expert spotting. 

I's like to go wheeling somewhere the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.  Then in late September or early October I think we should do a long weekend at Windrock!

R3
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2018, 06:44:00 AM »

Rausch and Windrock... let me think, yes! I'm in. We need WV and Rhode Island to tag up too.

One thing  I really love is see the expression on the drivers face when they complete something  that on their own would never try.  You guys Rock!

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....
next?

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
KensHardware
Official Club Vendor
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2018, 08:36:00 AM »

Looks like all had a blast. Heard there were a few flops on the comp. course. I will have to make this event next year.

WWW Logged
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2018, 08:42:08 AM »

Looks like all had a blast. Heard there were a few flops on the comp. course. I will have to make this event next year.

Flops as in roll overs?!  Whoa, we missed that.  We did do trail 13 A/B? which was adjacent to Rock Creek.  That trail (Rock Creek) is no joke!  Almost every rig, every move was banging hard on something.  Hope they all had a full set of skids!

overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2018, 08:57:20 AM »

Flops as in roll overs?!  Whoa, we missed that.  We did do trail 13 A/B? which was adjacent to Rock Creek.  That trail (Rock Creek) is no joke!  Almost every rig, every move was banging hard on something.  Hope they all had a full set of skids!
A guy I knows neighbor rolled on the comp course with his wife and daughter in the jeep. Took out the windshield and did some other damage. Drove to comfort in and towed home looks like though

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: