Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
October 15, 2018, 07:02:13 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today? August 2018  (Read 3700 times)
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« on: August 01, 2018, 07:12:17 PM »

I stared at it and debated taking it on Friday to brave the rain and cramped conditions for a work event just to have my jeep there. What did you do?

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Albatross31
Member 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:55:19 PM »

My new bumper and winch came in today.  Both survived shipping and will be installed on Sunday! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 08:56:29 PM »

Driving the JKU around the Disney properties. Nothing exciting

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Davetopay
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 10:19:16 PM »

I stared at it and debated taking it on Friday to brave the rain and cramped conditions for a work event just to have my jeep there. What did you do?

I tried to figure out how to fit two jockey boxes, a jockey box cover, two co2 gas bottles, three ice tubs, a 10x10 easy up, and some kegs in there for the Lorton Brewfest......

I think I saw a thing, but I don't know what thing I thought I saw.
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 05:36:35 AM »

I tried to figure out how to fit two jockey boxes, a jockey box cover, two co2 gas bottles, three ice tubs, a 10x10 easy up, and some kegs in there for the Lorton Brewfest......

I have a small off road trailer I can rent out lol

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 06:56:37 AM »

Removed recently non-working horn.  Off to the junkyard at lunch if it isn't raining to see if I can find one from a 70s Deville or other large GM car.

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 07:23:08 AM »

Removed recently non-working horn.  Off to the junkyard at lunch if it isn't raining to see if I can find one from a 70s Deville or other large GM car.

I really need to do that swap as well. Let me know what you find.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

zuke
Forum User
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 08:01:45 AM »

I loved putting those on my old air cooled VW's back in the day... No one could figure out who was honking in traffic...

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
RattleTrap55
Member 2018
84 CJ7
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 10:36:19 AM »

I need to do the same - I am thinking GMC truck. My current horn sounds like you are sneezing, it does not strike fear in the hearts of anyone.

3.5 Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »

I need to do the same - I am thinking GMC truck. My current horn sounds like you are sneezing, it does not strike fear in the hearts of anyone.
Exactly why I need to do the swap. Ignorant drivers do not even hear my horn when I honk in anger.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »

So.  The junkyard in Lorton had a 2000s Cadillac but it was stripped.  It also had the perfect 1978 4-door Brougham, but all the horns were gone and a bunch of other stuff.  I grabbed a mounted pair from a newer Trailblazer but it started to pour so I can't check them until tonight.  Might still eBay some Caddy horns at some point.

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2018, 07:33:25 PM »

My replacement Truck Lite came in the mail tonight.  Going in tomorrow with dielectric grease!

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear with tire carrier), SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.
DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 07:38:30 PM »

So.  The junkyard in Lorton had a 2000s Cadillac but it was stripped.  It also had the perfect 1978 4-door Brougham, but all the horns were gone and a bunch of other stuff.  I grabbed a mounted pair from a newer Trailblazer but it started to pour so I can't check them until tonight.  Might still eBay some Caddy horns at some point.

My four note horn is AWESOME!!  Try using two relays per two horns.  I used one for four and blew a fuse.  Going with two now!  Solder and shrink wrap the wires.  Harbor Freight has inexpensive ones!  If I am talking to much, and you know this, just tell me to STFU, but in a nice way.  ROTFL

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear with tire carrier), SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.
z4iken
Club Member at Large
2016 JK
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 08:37:17 PM »

Was supposed to fly to Europe with my parents to visit my brother, who I haven't seen in a year since he moved to London. My American flight at 730 was delayed until 11 and then canceled, and then they rebooked me on a 5pm flight from Dulles (instead of DCA). Go all the way to Dulles, that flight is canceled. Miss my international connection, next available flight isn't until Sunday.

Open beer, rewire winch, go to bed.

The Jeremy Theorem: Just buy 35's the first time
The Bill Corrolary: Bill is always technically right
Davetopay
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 09:41:40 PM »

Exactly why I need to do the swap. Ignorant drivers do not even hear my horn when I honk in anger.

I'm actually surprised at how good the XJ horns are...... But I kinda want another OOOOgah horn.

I think I saw a thing, but I don't know what thing I thought I saw.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: