Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
October 15, 2018, 06:25:55 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today? August 2018  (Read 3696 times)
wbsjp
Member 2018
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 07:53:26 AM »

Removed the rear bumper and rear seat, carpet and trim panels from the XJ.Needs sheet metal /floor replacement.
Surprisingly,all the old bolts came out.Several did put up a good fight . Grab a Wrench!

Wayne
  AARP,NAXJA,NRA Endowment member
"the cost of Freedom isn,t Free"
z4iken
Club Member at Large
2016 JK
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 08:24:59 AM »

Rewired the winch, removed the drop brackets, installed a set of Synergy lower control arms. These things are amazing, the adjustable collar lets you dial in caster while they're mounted.

But on another note, somehow my flood lights stopped working, the squeak from my swaybar is back, and I realized the loud bang from whenever I go over a pothole or speedbump is my exhaust dying -- it's been too hot to handle after driving, so need to actually let it sit for a bit and see what I broke at Rausch that's making it sit at 45-degree decline.

There's always something...

The Jeremy Theorem: Just buy 35's the first time
The Bill Corrolary: Bill is always technically right
ogre45
Member 2018
Winchester,VA
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2018, 09:30:17 AM »

Installed my antique tags on the Jeepster! Easiest thing I have done to this Jeep since I've had it.

Alex
1969 Jeepster Commando in work
2018 JKU Golden Eagle,Teraflex leveling kit, EVO oil and trans skid
Dynamic
Member 2018
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2018, 11:34:05 AM »

Swapped out my Bent Axel Shafts for Some Carbon Offroad Chromoly Shafts!  Grab a Wrench!

2011 JKU Rubicon Project "Serenity" -> SOLD
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon Serenity 2.0
Squints
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2018, 04:48:29 PM »

I did manage to hurt the Jeep.  Everything seems tight and unbroken but the steering is terrible!  VERY spongy, wants to drift all over.  Possible bad steering box? or pitman arm?  Gues I'll have Pro Trucks or Big Snatch check it out Monday.

Part 2:  I bent the tie-rod (center).  How did I miss seeing that!  Anyway, decided "What a perfect sign to upgrade!"  So Big Snatch installed a big ol' YETI.
Unfortunately, when I went to get an alignment, I was informed that the adjusting bolt/nut/thingamajig on mt drag link was seized up.  So, Quadratec is warrantying me a new Synergy drag link. So, Jeep is drivable, just not straight.......yet.  

Mad
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 04:32:52 PM by Squints »

2010 Wangler Mountain
sirjames186
Member 2018 VA4WD
05 LJ
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2018, 10:36:00 PM »

Blew a radiator hose and limped 2 miles to a friend's place. Fun times here in Texas......

"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy
DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »

I replaced two blown fuses with new ones for my cadillac horns! Working great now!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear with tire carrier), SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.
RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2018, 09:31:57 AM »

I replaced two blown fuses with new ones for my cadillac horns! Working great now!

What amp fuses are you running on them?  I would think those should have a 20 amp one especially since they just get applied momentarily.

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
z4iken
Club Member at Large
2016 JK
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2018, 10:55:33 AM »

Discovered my exhaust is bent at a 45 degree angle towards the belly. Put a set of vice grips to try and pull it straight but no luck...might try and grab a winch to winch it back into position, but also might use this as an excuse to get a high clearance catback system

The Jeremy Theorem: Just buy 35's the first time
The Bill Corrolary: Bill is always technically right
RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2018, 11:06:46 AM »

Pic?  Sometimes you can pry with a 2x4 if you can get it up in there.  The bottle jack or a scissor jack might work too.

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
JEEPIN J
Member 2018
Richmond, VA
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2018, 11:22:15 AM »

Discovered my exhaust is bent at a 45 degree angle towards the belly. Put a set of vice grips to try and pull it straight but no luck...might try and grab a winch to winch it back into position, but also might use this as an excuse to get a high clearance catback system
Can also try a ratchet strap hooked to something below it/in the direction you want it to go. Or the ole BFH if there's space.

97 TJ 35s & the like
Build on NVJA
Build on JF
DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »

What amp fuses are you running on them?  I would think those should have a 20 amp one especially since they just get applied momentarily.

I replaced them with 15 amp.  Used 2 relays, 1 per 2 horns.  Overkill, but we'll see.

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear with tire carrier), SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »

installed two of the 4 bolts for my harnesses. rekeyed the same tj twice successfully, once unsuccessfully. and caused more issues to snow ball of course.

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
dave2002ti
Member 2018
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2018, 02:47:51 PM »

installed two of the 4 bolts for my harnesses. rekeyed the same tj twice successfully, once unsuccessfully. and caused more issues to snow ball of course.

You are running the anti-sub straps right???

Dave Apker

overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2018, 03:53:26 PM »

You are running the anti-sub straps right???

Dave Apker

Yessum. You linked a bunch of articles about it the first time I set it up so I didn't kill myself. I've got four bolts left to install I should have said. Everything else is in. Just need hardware to finish

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: