Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 14, 2018, 04:14:03 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheelerman TSD Trophy Rally. October 13-14, 2018 Capon Bridge, WV  (Read 973 times)
baddo daddo
« on: August 10, 2018, 04:08:02 AM »

Announcing Wheelerman TSD Trophy Rally. October 13-14, 2018 Buffalo Gap Campground, Capon Bridge, WV.

A Time-Speed-Distance (TSD) rally with an overlanding flavor on the scenic backroads and dirt roads of WV and VA. Suitable for stock 4x4 vehicles. Trailer and RTT friendly! Designed to get you out on roads that you probably didnít know existed and not tear up your rig in the process. Trophies and recognition for the winners.

Event capped at 15 two-vehicle teams who compete to see who has the best vehicle navigation, time keeping and planning skills. Basically, you follow a complex gps track and attempt to stay as close as possible to the master track speeds at all times. All speeds are at or below the posted speed limit of the road. Like golf, low score wins. Tread lightly principles are incorporated into the event. This is not a race in any shape, form or fashion.

For more information visit https://chaos.yapsody.com/event/index/266561/wheelerman-tsd-trophy-rally

chillg123
Forum User
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 12:02:33 PM »

Anyone doing this? I just placed an order for an OME 2.5 inch lift from DPG offroad for my XJ. Installing that, rugged ridge tow hooks, and a Thule cargo box over the next month. I definitely won't be stock anymore, so I'm ready to get some beginner wheeling in. I'd like to go with a more experienced group as the second car. No winch but I'm happy to buy a come-along winch and straps and stuff. Let me know if anyone wants to run this.

JK_HVGC
Committee: Vendor
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 12:05:34 PM »

Anyone doing this? I just placed an order for an OME 2.5 inch lift from DPG offroad for my XJ. Installing that, rugged ridge tow hooks, and a Thule cargo box over the next month. I definitely won't be stock anymore, so I'm ready to get some beginner wheeling in. I'd like to go with a more experienced group as the second car. No winch but I'm happy to buy a come-along winch and straps and stuff. Let me know if anyone wants to run this.
I'd do this, what's the site? The link above doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

-Fortune Favors the Bold
-If he needs one round of WP, then he needs one round of HE. If we're sending one round of HE, we might as well send 4, fire for effect.
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 12:07:38 PM »

https://chaos.yapsody.com/event/index/266561/wheelerman-tsd-trophy-rally/5107726

google chaos wheelerman if it dosent work

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
chillg123
Forum User
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 01:42:59 PM »

Let's talk if you're interested. I can call the organizer to find out if there are any more team spots.

JK_HVGC
Committee: Vendor
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 02:09:16 PM »

Let's talk if you're interested. I can call the organizer to find out if there are any more team spots.
I'm guessing there are because the registration is still open.  I'm thinki g they would close registration if it was full. 

-Fortune Favors the Bold
-If he needs one round of WP, then he needs one round of HE. If we're sending one round of HE, we might as well send 4, fire for effect.
InsideTheXJBox
Forum User
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 11:09:16 PM »

I'm guessing there are because the registration is still open.  I'm thinki g they would close registration if it was full. 

Sent you a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baddo daddo
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 05:32:05 AM »

I'm helping out at the event so I can answer your questions.
- yes, there are still team slots available.
- I just checked the event sign-up page and it's working. https://chaos.yapsody.com/event/index/266561/wheelerman-tsd-trophy-rally. If you have problems would you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing so that I can troubleshoot it?
- Your jeep will be fine. This event will be a great equalizer since it emphasizes navigation skills and the ability to maintain the appropriate speed vs. having a built rig and technical wheeling skills.

Hope to see you there.

chillg123
Forum User
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 07:35:59 AM »

- I just checked the event sign-up page and it's working. https://chaos.yapsody.com/event/index/266561/wheelerman-tsd-trophy-rally. If you have problems would you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing so that I can troubleshoot it?
- Your jeep will be fine. This event will be a great equalizer since it emphasizes navigation skills and the ability to maintain the appropriate speed vs. having a built rig and technical wheeling skills.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks for that info. I'm a little unclear about how the whole GPS process is supposed to work. Would I need a dedicated GPS device to deal with the tracks or would a smartphone-based GPS solution work?

KensHardware
Official Club Vendor
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 11:31:34 AM »

Hope to see you there.

Thanks for that info. I'm a little unclear about how the whole GPS process is supposed to work. Would I need a dedicated GPS device to deal with the tracks or would a smartphone-based GPS solution work?

WWW Logged
baddo daddo
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 12:50:40 PM »

A smart phone or tablet GPS like Gaia or MotionX will work. 4 things need to occur:
1. You need to be able to upload the track (which you will be provided a week or two before the event) to whatever device you are using.
2. You need to be able to follow said track on your device.
3. You need to be able to record your actual track as you drive and that track has to have time stamps for each track point.
4. You need to be able to bluetooth share or copy to a memory stick your track so that we can compare your track's time stamps to the master track.

Hope this helps.

baddo daddo
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »

Laid out the Day 2 route for Wheelerman today. All the stream crossings were running high.

https://youtu.be/m-I_0aAk05A

Spicy_Brains
Member 2018
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 09:31:39 PM »

Is this event at capacity or is there an opening for another team?

2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

- James

baddo daddo
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 05:22:40 AM »

Yes, there is.

Is this event at capacity or is there an opening for another team?

2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

- James

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: