Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
November 16, 2018, 06:53:25 AM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today? September 2018  (Read 3471 times)
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2018, 07:30:48 PM »

Put the top and doors on.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
tomjones20194
Member 2018
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 08:38:36 AM »

Finally found a tune that I am happy with...  After a couple of days of working through the process have found a tune that I like. I must admit I was skeptical  after I speaking with product support at Howard Cams as well as Mark with Split Second, but I am much more of a believer today.

With about 50 miles on the tune so far this is what I have experienced - smoother idle, more "crisper" throttle response, a much smoother power band between 800 RPMs and 1,500 RPMs, and a reduced exhaust smell.

My plan is to create a detail write up of the process with lessons learned then drop it in the Technical Discussion section for anyone that is interested in learning more about Piggyback Tuning.

Propellar Head

Great. I am interested. Would like to tune for better low end torque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--------
1979 CJ-5 Renegade Levi Edition (360 V8)
2008 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
RattleTrap55
Member 2018
84 CJ7
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 02:14:24 PM »

Golly it is starting to feel like fall, the leaves are starting to turn and Dain has put the hard top on the Scrambler.

3.5 Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2018, 02:23:04 PM »

Golly it is starting to feel like fall, the leaves are starting to turn and Dain has put the hard top on the Scrambler.

Haha. A little early this year due to my new parking for work and this weather. I try to hold off through October. I like driving around in the crisp fall air. But not to be done this year. Weather has been wacky.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

jrussbowman
Forum User
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »

Had a learning experience. Popped off the caliper. Realized I need bigger wrenches for that job, the 18mm was too big and 3/4 in was too small but I was able to grab the nut with it enough to pull it off. So is that like 20mm? I believe the bolt was 15mm.

Anyway, once I popped the caliper off I saw the inner pad was fine. So you can't actually see the inner pad when you pop the wheel off, oops. My brakes are fine and now I have a nice set of Hawk LTS pads I can use in probably another 20k miles or the way I drive my Jeep, 2-3 years from now.

However, while I was in there, am I worried about this much rust in this location on a 2015 Jeep? This is behind the front wheel.

overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2018, 09:17:23 PM »

My new tuffy center console came in yesterday and is all built to be installed. My trucklights came in today ready to be installed. Why am I not working on them right now? My jeep was left at my buddies during the truck work so I could take the truck home because the project ran over time I didn't have a second driver or the trailer.

I just wanna play mannnn

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 09:20:54 PM »

I got to use my powertank today to add air to the tires of the JKU. One tire has a pretty good leak so put the spare on. It was really low. So filled in in a few seconds then went around to make sure they were all good. Not the most adventurous use for the powertank, but quite handy.

Thanks for the tire pressure end for the hose Stephen. Made it quicker not having to keep switching to a separate gauge.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

overhead
Club President
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 09:47:46 PM »

I got to use my powertank today to add air to the tires of the JKU. One tire has a pretty good leak so put the spare on. It was really low. So filled in in a few seconds then went around to make sure they were all good. Not the most adventurous use for the powertank, but quite handy.

Thanks for the tire pressure end for the hose Stephen. Made it quicker not having to keep switching to a separate gauge.

More than welcome sir!

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

dave2002ti
Member 2018
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 07:49:56 AM »

But how accurate is your gauge??? 

Dave Apker

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2018, 08:11:32 AM »

But how accurate is your gauge??? 

Dave Apker

The gauge in the glove box and the TPMS were way diff. TPMS says 38 psi while the gauge read 32.

Using the gauge on the power tank, I set them to 32. I will ask my daughter what the tpms is now reading

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

HeyYouThisIsMe
Forum User
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2018, 07:59:24 PM »

Things I did to my Jeep over the past weekend:

- The Eagle Globe and Anchor - Semper Fidelis Anthony!
- Go Rhino Tire Carrier bracket
- CB

Jeep Freak
Website Committee/TRC
BOD
Jeep Jedi
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »

Took the JKU to High Tech today to get my tail light issued diagnosed. I was thinking TIPM, but it turned out to be that the socket that the bulb plugs into was loose and the were some carbon deposits from the bad connection causing the whole thing to stop working. They informed me iI had a rear axle seal leaking and my brakes were near dead, so they did that too since I have inspection coming up in November. Also need to do shocks and service the diffs, so I will be looking into getting new diff covers when I do that.

'93 YJ SOA on 36s
'13 JKUR
overhead
Club President
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2018, 04:49:25 PM »

Ya know. Old man emu makes great shocks. Teraflex too. Metal cloak has a full system to replace shocks and everything else that's attached to it.

I. Talking about a lift. Do it. It's time!!!

jrussbowman
Forum User
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »

Changed the gear oil on the front and rear differentials when I got off work. Back was kinda dirty but I don't see why the dealer called it out other than a money grab. Would call it a good learning experience but it was just plain easy.

JC123
Forum User
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2018, 03:54:17 PM »

Replaced drive belt, idle pulley, and auto tensioner. This is the first item I've tackled from the list the shop identified. thanks to the information I've found on this and other jeep forums it went smoothly. I gotta say I really appreciate the jeep community. next is either oxygen sensors or radiator.

1. replace a/c compressor, dryer and a/c liquid line. evacuate and recharge system.
2. replace radiator and thermostat (flush cooling system)
3. replace drive belt, tensioner & idler pulley
4. replace transmission pan gasket & filter
5. replace valve cover gasket
6. replace tie rod ends, drag links, and sway bar links (requires sub alignment)
7. replace rear shocks
8. replace two downstream oxygen sensors

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: