Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
November 15, 2018, 09:53:33 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rausch weekend Nov/Dec  (Read 1088 times)
Jeepin_Donnie
Member 2018
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 09:33:43 PM »

Just a note to all,

In small groups  that I have lead  we all chip in  on the trail. In the larger groups well lets just say  the focus is a bit less clear.   Several have stated that they would like to learn more about spotting,  while these runs are not NoVA J scantioned runs  there are opportunities to learn some skills and  I will be happy to take the time to share what I have learned.  On the tougher trails  lets walk and talk.  Rock rash happens with lower pressures and difficult terrain  best  protection against that was a set of plastic orange rings. While they did not survive the weekend without damage they did their job.

Make sure your rig is in good shape. if things are suspect  give them some attention. Old rigs  things happen  no worries, some spare parts are always good to carry.  No one wheels alone, We came as a group and will leave as a group.  Twice now I have heard   I will just head back and the group can keep going. Wrong answer.  If you break you are less capable, this leads to puttng more strain on non broken parts... break again you might not be able to continue. Now what?  In a group we have the economy of scale, more tools, more bodies, more knowledge, parts and  vehicles to haul  the broken  out if needed. 

I do not view rides as a contest but as a opportunity to challenge  ones self. If you are willing to try great! If it is beyond your comfort great! No shame no worries.  I have seen the most capable rigs be parking lot queens and the least capable to amazing things... it is all up to the driver with a little help from a spotter.

I agree 100%. Hopefully Crawl Daddy will give me some insight on spotting, although a walk through before wheeling up that trail will definitely be on my list. I'm hoping no one has to cable me but...  Wink we'll see. My shotgun passenger may be attending as well... took the Jeep to the shop today and I may potentially have a tie rod that needs to be replaced eventually. It should hold up for now. Still getting the funds for the drive shaft thinking of ordering it by end of next week so its installed in time before our run. Looking forward to learn a lot on this trip, I know this one is going to be a challenge, and I'm going to force myself to be more patient than usual on my Jeep, as I'm trying to come out in one piece  Propellar Head

I'm looking forward to improving my spotting skills as well.  Like Hiam said, we can definitely benefit from walking each obstacle before concurring it.

Regarding the rings doing their job..............I would agree if two of my wheels weren't damaged, but unfortunately they are.  Oh well.  I'm hoping to find some steel or aluminum replacements. 

Looking forward to some more fun times on the trails!   Mr. Green

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
R3
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 07:44:11 AM »

Just a note to all,

In small groups  that I have lead  we all chip in  on the trail. In the larger groups well lets just say  the focus is a bit less clear.   Several have stated that they would like to learn more about spotting,  while these runs are not NoVA J scantioned runs  there are opportunities to learn some skills and  I will be happy to take the time to share what I have learned.  On the tougher trails  lets walk and talk.  Rock rash happens with lower pressures and difficult terrain  best  protection against that was a set of plastic orange rings. While they did not survive the weekend without damage they did their job.

Make sure your rig is in good shape. if things are suspect  give them some attention. Old rigs  things happen  no worries, some spare parts are always good to carry.  No one wheels alone, We came as a group and will leave as a group.  Twice now I have heard   I will just head back and the group can keep going. Wrong answer.  If you break you are less capable, this leads to puttng more strain on non broken parts... break again you might not be able to continue. Now what?  In a group we have the economy of scale, more tools, more bodies, more knowledge, parts and  vehicles to haul  the broken  out if needed. 

I do not view rides as a contest but as a opportunity to challenge  ones self. If you are willing to try great! If it is beyond your comfort great! No shame no worries.  I have seen the most capable rigs be parking lot queens and the least capable to amazing things... it is all up to the driver with a little help from a spotter.

I agree 100%. Hopefully Crawl Daddy will give me some insight on spotting, although a walk through before wheeling up that trail will definitely be on my list. I'm hoping no one has to cable me but...  Wink we'll see. My shotgun passenger may be attending as well... took the Jeep to the shop today and I may potentially have a tie rod that needs to be replaced eventually. It should hold up for now. Still getting the funds for the drive shaft thinking of ordering it by end of next week so its installed in time before our run. Looking forward to learn a lot on this trip, I know this one is going to be a challenge, and I'm going to force myself to be more patient than usual on my Jeep, as I'm trying to come out in one piece  Propellar Head

I have a complete tie OEm tie rod assembly in my garage. if you need it  come get it.

Cheers

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....
next?

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
BLACKHAWKJEEP
Forum User
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 11:35:39 AM »

Hey everyone,
I just found out my Professor scheduled a final presentation for Dec 1st in the afternoon.
I can make it on Sunday Dec 2nd instead.

3.5" Metal Cloak Rocksport Edition
35s Nitto Trail Grapplers
301 Method Wheels

#TeamJeepGirls
R3
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 02:59:25 PM »

Do what you have to do. we'll be there and you'll be missed on Crawl daddy.

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
next?

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
Jeepin_Donnie
Member 2018
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »

Hey everyone,
I just found out my Professor scheduled a final presentation for Dec 1st in the afternoon.
I can make it on Sunday Dec 2nd instead.

Sorry you can't make it! 

BLACKHAWKJEEP
Forum User
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »

Thank you Rob and Donnie!

If everyone is wheeling Sunday December 2nd, then I'll just join you guys then.
I'll have a chance at Crawl Daddy another time  Twisted Evil

301 Method Wheels

#TeamJeepGirls
R3
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 07:42:44 AM »

Nothin' said about not doing CD  a second time that weekend  Big Eyes

Bring it girl!

Cheers

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
next?

R3
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 02:47:31 PM »

Folks looks like we have a snag.  The park is closed for hunting  for the first two weeks of Dec. only the north end is open and only on Sunday.
Checked with AOAA same thing.

Alternitive are
Burning Rock ( Rausch Run in WV) , Chaos Off road park, The Cove. Not sure that any area open at this time of year.

Rausch North end property has a trail or two that could be of interest for the most park they are greens.

Will check on Burning rock and see what shakes out.

Cheers

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
next?

R3
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 02:58:56 PM »

Looks like
Burning Rock is a alternative.

https://burningrockwv.com/

I am still good for a three day weekend Wheel Friday, Saturday and Sunday( part day)

Cheers

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
next?

Jeepin_Donnie
Member 2018
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 04:52:24 PM »

I'm in for Rausch.............I would not be in for Burning Rock.  Ryan is coming from RI so he would not be in for Burning Rock either.

I've been watching videos on YouTube, it looks like there are a lot of fun blue trails on the NE property.  Thoughts?

BLACKHAWKJEEP
Forum User
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2018, 05:40:58 PM »

I'm in for Rausch Creek as well, regardless if its just green or blues... I mean wouldn't snow and such maybe make it more challenging  Dunno?
Burning rock is just too far for me, and since I won't be lodging anywhere...  Shocked

Rob, thank you for everything  Cheers

301 Method Wheels

#TeamJeepGirls
Jeepin_Donnie
Member 2018
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 04:43:54 AM »

NE Property is open Friday and Saturday, other properties are open Sunday.  So you guys wheeling the whole weekend can do Crawl Daddy on Sunday. 

"Friday 11/30 and Saturday 12/1 the NE property is open and the main property (East, South, West) is closed. Trails on the NE property will open at 10 a.m. Office open at 8 a.m."

Saturday we could meet in the main lot around 9 - 9:30am since the trails don't open until 10am.

Thanks for organizing Rob.

R3
Member 2018 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2018, 09:41:36 AM »

Ok... I'm in!
Let's do it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
next?

Jeepin_Donnie
Member 2018
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 10:21:21 AM »

Ok... I'm in!
Let's do it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thumbs Up   Cheers

RattleTrap55
Member 2018
84 CJ7
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2018, 09:08:02 AM »

Sorry for the silence - this may have been the last great weekend to be on the water.....  Thumbs Up Sailing season is almost over... Crying

Anyway, I am still in -- I think I have talked my daughter into joining me for the weekend so I am happy with what ever is available. Make no mistake I have my sights set on Crawl Daddy on Sunday....

I'll (we'll) be up Friday late afternoon and leaving when ever on Sunday....

Garner

3.5 Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: