Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
November 15, 2018, 10:58:52 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeep Illness vs math and reason  (Read 901 times)
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 04:23:56 PM »

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket.

Siiiiggghhh
Yay -  What can I buy next?!?

<stands on shoulder and whispers in ear> Is that not a stock Tie Rod I see under there? </evil voice>
Although… At a glance the JK stock tire rod looks to be bigger than the stocker was on the TJ‘s. In fact it looks to be about the size of the rod that we used to upgrade to. Are my eyes just tricking me? Will look up the specs later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no that's pretty much right, the stock ones are decent and you gotta change metals to really get a huge increse like chromolly or aluminum. the CMM one is just pretty....

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Ta Tonka
Member 2018
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 04:29:48 PM »

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket.

Siiiiggghhh

<stands on shoulder and whispers in ear> Is that not a stock Tie Rod I see under there? </evil voice>
Although… At a glance the JK stock tire rod looks to be bigger than the stocker was on the TJ‘s. In fact it looks to be about the size of the rod that we used to upgrade to. Are my eyes just tricking me? Will look up the specs later

no that's pretty much right, the stock ones are decent and you gotta change metals to really get a huge increse like chromolly or aluminum. the CMM one is just pretty....
Well damn - looked it up and now I need something I didn’t know existed 5 minutes ago. You are the devil

zuke
Forum User
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »

Yeah, The stock JK Tie rod is actually fairly beefy, and probably won't get bent in normal wheeling.

I had to work to bend two of them before switching to a ruffstuff and bending it, Finally switched to 6061 aluminum and haven't bent that beyond it's memory return yet.

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2018, 04:34:43 PM »

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket.

Siiiiggghhh

Well damn - looked it up and now I need something I didn’t know existed 5 minutes ago. You are the devil

make sure you have the right wheels to run it! they need a certain back spacing and 17in wheel

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Ta Tonka
Member 2018
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket.

Siiiiggghhh

make sure you have the right wheels to run it! they need a certain back spacing and 17in wheel
Yeah - thinking I’ll just run the stocker till I bend it and then upgrade. Maybe the need for a wheel with less backspacing will additionally drive me to upgrade to headlocks. Later... after I’ve spent my money on a bunch of other Jeeply “ needs”.

Iceman
Forum User
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2018, 07:00:14 AM »

Looks good. You will love those tires.

Since it is so easy to spend other people's money.... a good set of rock sliders/protection is a great investment.

-Clayton

Ta Tonka
Member 2018
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2018, 07:12:52 AM »

Looks good. You will love those tires.

Since it is so easy to spend other people's money.... a good set of rock sliders/protection is a great investment.

-Clayton
Yup - I have a set of poison spiders waiting for paint to mount. Am also picking up a set of Rock Hard skids from Silver Surfer. Watching parts pop up for sale for this thing is kid in a candy store time!

Iceman
Forum User
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2018, 07:24:16 AM »

Nice! Sounds like you have your bases covered with protection. So many people overlook this category because it doesn't have the "wow factor".

-Clayton

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: