Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
March 18, 2019, 08:33:55 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2019  (Read 2719 times)
RattleTrap55
Member 2019
84 CJ7
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2019, 10:19:47 AM »

Still loving your home made trebuchet. Awesome.

Now that made me laugh.......

4" Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Smittybilt 9,500 Winch
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
2002 TJ Sahara w/Very Rusted Frame
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2019, 11:10:14 AM »

Now that made me laugh.......

Isnít that what it looks like?  Boomer either is secretly involved with medieval re-enactments, or is part of a Pumpkin Chunkiní team. 

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Boomsticktmo
Member 2018
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2019, 11:53:19 AM »

Spent some time working outside in the freezing cold this weekend getting my new bumper on...   of course, jammed up the oil seal (never the first time) on the swing out, so a couple days waiting for a replacement.  Still, only maybe an hour of work left. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It take up a good deal of space in my back yard,  but man it has been helpful!    Hell, I plan on using it to get the spare on the tire carrier.

99 XJ (Sold)
10 JKU Rubi (Sold)
02 TJ
Runner
Member 2019
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2019, 12:11:30 PM »

Replaced my front Dana 30 with a new Ultimate Dana 44 with E-locker. Also added a Synergy heavy duty drag link. Canít wait for the first Rausch trip later this month.

With the alloy axles and 1350 u joints this is a sweet upgrade!  Don't forget to follow the break in instructions.  Generally, you'll see recommendations for synthetic lube, but I typically run a cheaper conventional gear lube for the break in, then switch to a conventional 85W-140 Torco GL-5 gear lube, which I run in all my axles.  It may seem counter intuitive but conventional gear lube acts as a much better heat sink than synthetic oil.  

After having a bunch of failures with their rears, Currie conducted a study.  What they found was that the temperatures in their rears with synthetic oil was much, much higher than rears with conventional oil.  Currie then switched to conventional gear oil only and the failures rates were virtually eliminated.  Now, if they, Currie, find out a customer runs synthetic oil, they void the warranty.  

2004 LJ, 1999 TJ Sport, 2003 TJ Rubicon - "Owning a Jeep is a sickness. However, it's one I'll gladly endure!"
BLACKHAWKJEEP
Forum User
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »

I finally got my own CB Radio, had it installed at OCD Offroad.
Now I don't need to borrow one... (thank you Garner for lending me your extra CB during wheeling trips Very Happy)!
   Propellar Head
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:45:53 PM by BLACKHAWKJEEP »

3.5" Metal Cloak Rocksport Edition
35s Nitto Trail Grapplers
301 Method Wheels
Ox Locker

#TeamJeepGirls
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2019, 06:49:46 AM »

Replaced my front Dana 30 with a new Ultimate Dana 44 with E-locker. Also added a Synergy heavy duty drag link. Canít wait for the first Rausch trip later this month.

With the alloy axles and 1350 u joints this is a sweet upgrade!  Don't forget to follow the break in instructions.  Generally, you'll see recommendations for synthetic lube, but I typically run a cheaper conventional gear lube for the break in, then switch to a conventional 85W-140 Torco GL-5 gear lube, which I run in all my axles.  It may seem counter intuitive but conventional gear lube acts as a much better heat sink than synthetic oil.  

After having a bunch of failures with their rears, Currie conducted a study.  What they found was that the temperatures in their rears with synthetic oil was much, much higher than rears with conventional oil.  Currie then switched to conventional gear oil only and the failures rates were virtually eliminated.  Now, if they, Currie, find out a customer runs synthetic oil, they void the warranty.  

Damn, this is some great info!  Chris, congrats on the new upgrades! 

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2019, 06:52:05 AM »

Now I don't need to borrow one... (thank you Garner for lending me your extra CB during wheeling trips Very Happy)!
   Propellar Head

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice Hiam!   Cheers

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
RattleTrap55
Member 2019
84 CJ7
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2019, 07:16:07 AM »

Propellar Head

Nice - clean installation...

4" Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Smittybilt 9,500 Winch
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
2002 TJ Sahara w/Very Rusted Frame
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2019, 06:52:15 PM »

Installed the Sniper EFI on the Scrambler today. I absolutely could not have done it without the help of R3 (Rob) and Rattletrap (Garner). And THANKS to Rob for cleaning up the wiring.  Supposedly the unit will control the fans so the flex-a-lite controller is gone.

All I have left is to install the temp sensor and hook up the tach wire. And then let it tune. But man, so far it is awesome. Throttle response is soooooo different than the old carb.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

VAJK456
Member 2018
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2019, 07:12:15 PM »

Runner awesome advise, that was a great read. Thanks. Will definitely take go with your recommendation.

Hiam, nice work on the CB. Just in time for our RC trip next weekend.

I started work on my next fender mod project this week. Iím modifying stock JK flares but not your typical ďcut and quitĒ type of job. These will be sectioned, shaped, and grafted. By the time Iím done Iím hoping these will turn out to look really cool, and really unique. Will post more photos as I go. Hereís what my garage is looking like so far. You can see Iíve already sectioned 2 inches out of both fenders. Iím grafting them with fiberglass. Ive got a vision in mind for how theyíll look.

On order I have JKS J-Flex Adjustable upper rear control arms, and a duel steering stabilizer kit to complete my suspension mods. Should arrive before RC next week.

Happy modding yíall

Chris

WWW Logged
BLACKHAWKJEEP
Forum User
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2019, 07:33:19 PM »

Thanks Chris, Garner, and Donnie!

Also those fenders are looking great!  Cool Looking forward to see the final piece!
Can't wait for RC  Thumbs Up

3.5" Metal Cloak Rocksport Edition
35s Nitto Trail Grapplers
301 Method Wheels
Ox Locker

#TeamJeepGirls
Boomsticktmo
Member 2018
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2019, 07:43:40 AM »

Got the tire carrier mounted!

99 XJ (Sold)
10 JKU Rubi (Sold)
02 TJ
Davetopay
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2019, 12:22:59 PM »

Checked the oil, coolant, and power steering juice.

Doing a little online shopping for things I need to keep moving forward with it.

I think I saw a thing, but I don't know what thing I thought I saw.
highlandercj-7
Member 2018 VA4WD
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2019, 03:18:44 PM »

Super sweet Dain. I can't wait to see how that works out. I am so wanting to FI the 7.

HighlanderCJ-7
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

Super sweet Dain. I can't wait to see how that works out. I am so wanting to FI the 7.

DO IT!!!!!!  I just got back from the initial test drive. So much better than my carb. Grated, it needed a rebuild for a while now. But the throttle response is awesome and I donít need to keep one foot on the gas and one on the clutch to keep it from stalling. Cold starts are no longer a thing. Should have done this soooooo long ago.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: