Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
January 17, 2019, 11:41:52 AM

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony STR-K750P receiver and speakers - $20  (Read 188 times)
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2018
The seller and trader of many things.
« on: January 14, 2019, 09:06:13 AM »

Selling a Sony audio receiver with three of the five surround sound speakers, plus sub.  Received an new system over the holidays and this one is taking up space.  Works great! No remote but is compatible with most universal remotes.  Comes with a sub-to-receiver digital RCA cable.  Does not come with all 5 surround speakers because I kept 2 of them for my system.  $20 for someone to take it all off my hands, pickup in Reston.

Deets: https://www.cnet.com/products/sony-str-k750p-av-receiver-5-1-channel/

2002 TJ Sport
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam
zuke
Forum User
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:50:48 AM »

What do I have right now that you need Adam? (Must be something)... Cuz if I'm going to make a trip to Reston to pick this up from you, (And I Am, cuz I want it!) I might as well unload some parts on you too Very Happy

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »

What do I have right now that you need Adam? (Must be something)... Cuz if I'm going to make a trip to Reston to pick this up from you, (And I Am, cuz I want it!) I might as well unload some parts on you too Very Happy

I'll think about it and let you know, but you've given me so much at this point that you can just have it. 

I'm trying to find some 03-06 rear seat mount brackets, but I assume you don't have those.  If you don't make it up in the next few days I'll be passing you on 95 this coming Sunday and could drop it off at the shop. 

2002 TJ Sport

- Adam
zuke
Forum User
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 11:44:27 AM »

I'll think about it and let you know, but you've given me so much at this point that you can just have it. 

I'm trying to find some 03-06 rear seat mount brackets, but I assume you don't have those.  If you don't make it up in the next few days I'll be passing you on 95 this coming Sunday and could drop it off at the shop. 

Believe it or not, I might have those brackets, if I didn't toss them, I just pulled the rear out of the Rubi in the spring....

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2018
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 12:43:10 PM »

Believe it or not, I might have those brackets, if I didn't toss them, I just pulled the rear out of the Rubi in the spring....

If you have the brackets then I will throw you the stereo PLUS some $$$ on top, or some beer. If you find those suckers you will once again be my hero. For reference I have been led to believe they look like this:

2002 TJ Sport

- Adam
zuke
Forum User
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:25:48 PM »

If you have the brackets then I will throw you the stereo PLUS some $$$ on top, or some beer. If you find those suckers you will once again be my hero. For reference I have been led to believe they look like this:

Hmmm, Those don't look promising, I coulda sworn the Rubi had the side type brackets.... But I'll look around.. Failing that, Maybe Scott Becker has a set like that I could pickup and bring to you...

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2018
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »

Hmmm, Those don't look promising, I coulda sworn the Rubi had the side type brackets.... But I'll look around.. Failing that, Maybe Scott Becker has a set like that I could pickup and bring to you...

If you find out that those are wrong let me know, those were my best guess based on the bit of research that I did.  That eBay ad where I grabbed the photo did say 03-06 rear seat brackets.

2002 TJ Sport

- Adam
RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 08:25:12 AM »

If Zuke doesn't have them, email Davey's Jeeps.  They have always had what I need for a good price.  They respond back fast too.

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
zuke
Forum User
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 09:27:48 AM »

If you find out that those are wrong let me know, those were my best guess based on the bit of research that I did.  That eBay ad where I grabbed the photo did say 03-06 rear seat brackets.

Looked at some Mopar official diagrams, and those are the right brackets, Now i just gotta check my scrap pile tonight to see If I have a set...

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2018
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 10:07:04 AM »

If Zuke doesn't have them, email Davey's Jeeps.  They have always had what I need for a good price.  They respond back fast too.

I actually think I did email him and was told that they didn't have them.  I emailed a few places...these are tough to come by.  I'm just trying to avoid spending $150 on an eBay set.

2002 TJ Sport

- Adam
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2018
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 10:07:40 AM »

Looked at some Mopar official diagrams, and those are the right brackets, Now i just gotta check my scrap pile tonight to see If I have a set...

Thanks John, let me know.  Even if you don't have them you're still welcome to the stereo.

2002 TJ Sport

- Adam
zuke
Forum User
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 06:04:40 PM »

Thanks John, let me know.  Even if you don't have them you're still welcome to the stereo.

Checked my piles o'crap, and I don't have them, I checked the Rubi, and it looks like a previous owner had installed an early model seat at one point, and drilled holes in the side to use the early style brackets, Had it been stock it would have had nuts welded on the holes, but it didn't it just had holes, So i'm guessing I never had the style of mounts you need.

I wish we had a set to measure, I'm betting we could fab up a set of those mounts in a few hours from some 2x2 square tube , 3/8" pipe and 6 bolts....

As far as stuff I've given you, I appreciate that you appreciate the stuff, but it was always things that I was gonna end up scrapping anyway, I get more out of it by knowing someone could use it!

Lastly, I'd still like to have the Stereo, It's just what I need for the TV  upstairs that is only used occasionally, and I happen to have an extra remote for it, cause I have the same model line Sony receiver in my main entertainment system.

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
crazyskier92
Forum User
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »

I have the rear seat brackets
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 09:01:42 PM by crazyskier92 »

zuke
Forum User
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 09:42:56 PM »

Well, Adam, If you and crazyskier92 can work a deal, I'll be glad to pickup those Brackets and bring them to you when I pickup the Receiver.

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2018
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 08:22:09 AM »

Well, Adam, If you and crazyskier92 can work a deal, I'll be glad to pickup those Brackets and bring them to you when I pickup the Receiver.

I sent him a PM, we shall see.

Since we're halfway through the week I'll remind you I'm still happy to drop the stereo stuff off at the shop on Sunday.  Would probably be 2 PM-ish.

2002 TJ Sport

- Adam
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: