Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
February 20, 2019, 04:12:08 AM

Linked Events
  • Club Mtg - Location TBD: January 13, 2019
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jan 13 Club Mtg - Kilroy's - POSTPONED  (Read 2892 times)
dave2002ti
Member 2019
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2019, 07:27:38 AM »

Snow totals have increased. Will Kilroy's be open?  Be real embarassing if the folks with M/Ts got stuck in the parking lot.

A/Ts and M/Ts aren't winter tires even if they have a snowflake symbol on the sidewall.

Dave Apker

overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2019, 08:19:48 AM »

Jokes aside we will call Kilroys in the morning to confirm they're going to be open for this.

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
overhead
Club President
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »

Hey y'all. With the imminent threat of inclement weather and snow totals looking at over a foot plus we are monitoring the situation and will update everybody tomorrow morning if there are any changes with the meeting.

Major factors will be if Kilroys opens. And how the roads are out by us.

I know you're all thinking but we drive Jeeps and it's no that's kind of the whole point... But if  anything were to happen to any of you though I would absolutely hate it. so we're going to take a take a look at it in the morning and we'll update this and the Facebook as well. Till then y'all have fun stay warm and hug your loved ones close.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2019, 06:45:12 PM »

Hey y'all. With the imminent threat of inclement weather and snow totals looking at over a foot plus we are monitoring the situation and will update everybody tomorrow morning if there are any changes with the meeting.

Major factors will be if Kilroys opens. And how the roads are out by us.

I know you're all thinking but we drive Jeeps and it's no that's kind of the whole point... But if  anything were to happen to any of you though I would absolutely hate it. so we're going to take a take a look at it in the morning and we'll update this and the Facebook as well. Till then y'all have fun stay warm and hug your loved ones close.
Current weather guessers saying 5-8 inches... Little short of a foot+... I asked this question a few days ago...

I get roads are going to be wet and in places sloppy... Plow trucks are standing by and shaking salt as I type.

Snow no snow, I just don't want to drive 1+30 to find out the party is called.

Safety is a concern and up to each driver to determine. Some will elect to  stay off the roads and some will venture out.

When will you guy make the call?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....
next?

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2019, 06:51:01 PM »

Called Kilroys.. this is what they said.

"Call at 10.. if they answer they are open, if no one answers we're not open"

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
next?

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
overhead
Club President
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2019, 06:58:03 PM »

We'll make the call at 10. I'm out in Warrenton. The last call map upped the totals again.

R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »

We'll make the call at 10. I'm out in Warrenton. The last call map upped the totals again.
Overhead, got the message. Thank you. Looks like we have similar distance to run.

MD will do a good job on the roads, VA(down here) will be sporty.

Looking forward to the meeting.

Cheers

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
next?

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2019, 08:20:11 PM »

Rob, feel free to text me if needed.  I sent out updates on Facebook and Instagram.  We'll update this thread and I'll post an update on social media by 10:30am at the latest tomorrow.  We'll see you there!   Freezing your buns off

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
smileyT
Member 2019
TIP your Bartender and Waitstaff!
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2019, 09:35:03 AM »

So the deck and dining room will be closed today at kilroys. Bar will be open.

T

2000 TJ Sold
1996 Grand Cherokee lift, control arms, 2001 wj leather seats family owned since new!
2016 Jku sport 2.5 lift, Geo brackets, front, rear bumpers, winch w/ synthetic line, 37 BFG AT, aluminum paint matched fenders inner fenders, bartact seat covers, rear seat capt chair conversion, etc
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2019, 09:37:37 AM »

And that means the meeting is?

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
4.5 Metal cloak
37 BFG ATs
next?

smileyT
Member 2019
TIP your Bartender and Waitstaff!
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2019, 09:51:08 AM »

Up to the powers that be. I will say itís a playoff Sunday at a sports bar.

T

2000 TJ Sold
1996 Grand Cherokee lift, control arms, 2001 wj leather seats family owned since new!
2016 Jku sport 2.5 lift, Geo brackets, front, rear bumpers, winch w/ synthetic line, 37 BFG AT, aluminum paint matched fenders inner fenders, bartact seat covers, rear seat capt chair conversion, etc
DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2019, 10:16:13 AM »

The bar will have limited food as well.  And there probably won't be proper wait staff to handle that many people.  The bar isn't big enough to handle our group AND a playoff football crowd plus the regulars that just go there.  I think we should postpone.  I can call and set it up for next Sunday if you like.  Unfortunately, Stephen won't be in town next weekend or the following weekend.  SO the meeting will have to be run by another officer.  Let me know what you want to do.

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear with tire carrier), SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2019, 10:33:47 AM »

Today's meeting has been postponed.  We will let everyone know the date once it has been rescheduled.  Stay warm and be safe!   Freezing your buns off

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
d_rehmann
Forum User
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2019, 10:55:15 AM »

Hey guys, for anyone that is local to the area, should we still do a mini meet at the mission BBQ? I just got my Jeep 2 weeks ago and looking to get out in the snow!

2018 JLR MT
DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2019, 01:46:40 PM »

Hey guys, for anyone that is local to the area, should we still do a mini meet at the mission BBQ? I just got my Jeep 2 weeks ago and looking to get out in the snow!

You can actually have Meet and Greets whenever you want.  Just post it up.  If you are talking about Mission at Telegraph and Beulah, call and ask for the Manager Carlos.  They have a separate room over there that can be reserved.  The telephone number is (571) 932-3100.  I don't know the people at Fairfax (Greenbrier), but their number is (571) 325-0975.  Mission BBQ in Woodbridge is (571) 312-9998.

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear with tire carrier), SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: