Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
July 19, 2019, 07:43:54 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackjeep Run  (Read 1157 times)
R3
Committee: Trail Rides
« on: January 28, 2019, 07:26:21 AM »

Great chatting with folks at the club meeting yesterday.  Since I begged out on the last run  I own Blackjeep a run to Rausch.  Looking at 16 Feb  (Saturday) for this run.  I know Lambo and I are thinking about running north on that Friday and most likely camping at the Hampton Inn.

Since it is winter in the NE, the weather will be cold, or warm, Snowy/Icy or not and the trails will be, well trails so come prepared.  Will check with  Rausch  as we get closer to the date, to define the forecast.

I suggest that all have:
Full size spare and jack
Tools ( usual pack up)
recovery gear

1) Blackjeep
2) R3
3) StevieG
4) Lexi
5) Mikestatic  Sad
6)
7)
Cool

Breakfast at the Diner 0730.

Cheers
R3
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:26:43 AM by R3 »

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
EVO long arms and King Coil overs
37 BFG KM3
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
Lambo
Member 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 10:40:38 AM »

Sad looks like i just got scheduled for oncall during the weekend of the 16th so I wont be able to make it that weekend. Sorry guys/gal

2013 JK
3.5" rock krawler / Frankenstein
atx slabs with 35" toyo R/T
Tera44 | RCVs | ARB
Currie RJ60 | ARB
BLACKHAWKJEEP
Forum User
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 12:29:50 PM »

Cheers
Thank you Rob!
We need to add StevieG (experienced wheeler) to the list and Lexi (first-time wheeler)...

Chris? Donnie? Garner? Bill?  Very Happy

3.5" Metal Cloak Rocksport Edition
35s Nitto Trail Grapplers
301 Method Wheels
Ox Locker

#TeamJeepGirls
RattleTrap55
Member 2019
84 CJ7
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 01:01:46 PM »

Hey - I'd like to go but that weekend is booked for me.... Any chance it might slip to the next weekend the 23rd?

4" Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Smittybilt 9,500 Winch
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
2002 TJ Sahara w/Very Rusted Frame
R3
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 02:50:48 PM »

Cheers
Thank you Rob!
We need to add StevieG (experienced wheeler) to the list and Lexi (first-time wheeler)...

It your run I just posted.

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG KM3

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
R3
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 02:52:20 PM »

Cheers
Thank you Rob!

Bill's on blocks

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG KM3

BLACKHAWKJEEP
Forum User
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 11:28:09 PM »

Hey - I'd like to go but that weekend is booked for me.... Any chance it might slip to the next weekend the 23rd?

Garner I wish, but I may not be able to make the 23rd is the problem... and the other group members will be taking off work for that weekend and it's the only time they are free Crying
However, I know Donnie has plans for a trail run first weekend of March, hopefully the band will get together then as well!

Jeep is going in for gears and lockers sometime this week... ordering a jack as well... recovery gear if I have enough after all the money I'm spending LOL  Propellar Head

301 Method Wheels
Ox Locker

#TeamJeepGirls
RattleTrap55
Member 2019
84 CJ7
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 06:41:44 PM »

Hiam,

New gears, nice... The Blackhawk is turning into quite the trail beast....

I had pretty much written off the months of January & February due to a string of commitments. Once these are behind me I'll have a little more control of my schedule -- I am down for a trip in March.

4" Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Smittybilt 9,500 Winch
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
2002 TJ Sahara w/Very Rusted Frame
mikestatic
Forum User
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 07:49:21 PM »

If this is open for everyone I might be down! Pending another shutdown and if I can finish a few things things on my jeep, would love to go. I am new to the area have never been to Rausch but really want to check it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mike
08 JKU - 3.5 RK X-Factor w/ 37s
BLACKHAWKJEEP
Forum User
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 09:41:53 PM »

Garner, thank you! Absolutely, hope to see you in March!  Cheers

Mikestatic, yes this trail is open for anybody, please join us at Rausch Creek! Good for a first experience, and there will be first-time wheelers trailing along so great day to learn!  Thumbs Up

301 Method Wheels
Ox Locker

#TeamJeepGirls
R3
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 07:54:53 AM »

If this is open for everyone I might be down! Pending another shutdown and if I can finish a few things things on my jeep, would love to go. I am new to the area have never been to Rausch but really want to check it out.

Mikestatic, I will echo Blackhawkjeeps comments, open to all. Rausch creek is a fun place to play trails run from oh hum to WTF. I think we could find a happy medium for all.  Since Rausch is a Private park you:
1) have to join the park I believe it is a $20.00 /year fine...
2) each trip is a $50.00 user fee
3) options are a 5 for $200 and an all year for $400.

Park is in  two basic sections  NE is more Greens and Blues, with that said  our last trip  that way had almost all in the group on the cable at one point in time...No shame there. The west side is a mixed bag of water  mud and rocks.  and all can be as challenging as you want.

Air stations  is available in the parking lot to fill up and there is camping available on site. Lodging is close exit 100  off of Interstate 81 and there are a couple of choices there.  Nicest is the Hampton inn.  Fuel is available at both exit 100 and 104 and since it is PA it is expensive, (PA has a 0.77 cent per gallon tax). 

Breakfast  I recommend the diner at exit 100, good  food.   Lunch you are on your own, recommend  either pack a lunch or get something to go from the diner/subway.

You don't need a krazy rock hopper to enjoy the park, just some careful driving and a reliable rig. You an challenge  yourself as much or as little as you like.  I recommend  a full size spare and tools to change a flat, as well as any recovery gear you have. Winch is nice but not required.  If you have a tool kit, please bring and add whatever tools reqired for any unique gear you may have installed.

No rig left behind and no one wheels alone. 

Weather is what it is,  about 10-15 degrees colder  at the park than here in the DC area.

Look forward to meeting you.

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG KM3

mikestatic
Forum User
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »

Mikestatic, I will echo Blackhawkjeeps comments, open to all. Rausch creek is a fun place to play trails run from oh hum to WTF. I think we could find a happy medium for all.  Since Rausch is a Private park you:
1) have to join the park I believe it is a $20.00 /year fine...
2) each trip is a $50.00 user fee
3) options are a 5 for $200 and an all year for $400.

Park is in  two basic sections  NE is more Greens and Blues, with that said  our last trip  that way had almost all in the group on the cable at one point in time...No shame there. The west side is a mixed bag of water  mud and rocks.  and all can be as challenging as you want.

Air stations  is available in the parking lot to fill up and there is camping available on site. Lodging is close exit 100  off of Interstate 81 and there are a couple of choices there.  Nicest is the Hampton inn.  Fuel is available at both exit 100 and 104 and since it is PA it is expensive, (PA has a 0.77 cent per gallon tax). 

Breakfast  I recommend the diner at exit 100, good  food.   Lunch you are on your own, recommend  either pack a lunch or get something to go from the diner/subway.

You don't need a krazy rock hopper to enjoy the park, just some careful driving and a reliable rig. You an challenge  yourself as much or as little as you like.  I recommend  a full size spare and tools to change a flat, as well as any recovery gear you have. Winch is nice but not required.  If you have a tool kit, please bring and add whatever tools reqired for any unique gear you may have installed.

No rig left behind and no one wheels alone. 

Weather is what it is,  about 10-15 degrees colder  at the park than here in the DC area.

Look forward to meeting you.
Hey R3. I am going to be a scratch for this one, looking like the next run in March will be better with my schedule. Thanks for the info, sounds like a great time. hope to wheel with you sometime.
Mike

Mike
08 JKU - 3.5 RK X-Factor w/ 37s
R3
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 08:27:41 AM »

Mike,
No worries sir. see you next time round. PS love the Avatar!

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG KM3

R3
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 08:36:39 AM »

Current forecast  for Rausch Saturday is  High of 42 low of 19.  The low Friday night is 38 so it looks like the morning will be warm  ROTFLMAO and getting colder  all day.   Rain showers are in the mix for the morning.  Lets do a roll call, if oit is only goingto be two jeeps I am inclined to hold off  until the next run.

Roll call, who is in?

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG KM3

R3
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »

Sunday morning the day after.....

Trail ride was a good teaching experience for some up and coming trail guides. BlackhawkJeep  co lead the run with VA456.   Shout out  of the day to Ron and his trail dog! Great meeting him and look forward to more trail rides  with his four legged friend and Super charged JK.

Both  Blackhawkjeep and VA 465 are well on their way to be coming great spotters, on this trip  they jumped into the deep end navigated the waters and survived with a bit of a new appreciation for spotting  folks.

Brand new JLU with a brand new , first time driver....  Amazing performance  navigating  all the trails we  ventured out on and at the end of the day her and her husband  look like they will come out  again.   

Trails were everything from glare ice to  melting mud   temps started out at 20 something with a biting wind and ended up  in the high 30s/low 40s.

Good day with good friends

Bravo Blackhawkjeep and VA456.

Cheers

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG KM3

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: