Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
May 26, 2019, 02:45:29 AM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheeling at Rausch Creek, March 23rd  (Read 6791 times)
Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2019, 11:56:47 PM »

Brittney & Khan have been added!   Cheers

Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  Smile
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 12:42:19 PM »

For the group. looking at heading up Friday night and camping at the Hampton Inn.  Any takers for the pub Friday night for a "debrief" or just to drink beer and talk jeep stuff? Thumbs Up

Was told of a new breakfast place in town last weekend... supposed to be pretty good and open before 0700 Saturday. Dunno?

Just a note to all, last weekend we wheeled with a mix bag of talent.  our trail guide  shot us to a down hill Red  chute.  Now before everyone get their nickers in a twist, No rocks were harmed  transversing the trail!  Need to congratulate a JLU, new to Jeeps, Brand new to off roading and  it was her first time  on the trails......  Even covered in Ice and snow the merry band of nuts ( that is all of us on that ride)  made the decent in one piece.  Great learning experience for the JLU crew and broaden her horizons  greatly.  Big Eyes Big Eyes Big Eyes

If there are any takers I am up for a Sunday run as well perhaps a half day.

Cheers Cheers
R3
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 06:29:35 PM by R3 »

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
EVO long arms and King Coil overs
37 BFG ATs
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....
next?

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
RattleTrap55
Member 2019
84 CJ7
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2019, 01:31:32 PM »

Rob,

I am planning to arrive 5ish Friday evening camping at the Comfort Inn (they have a parking lot that is trailer friendly) leaving sometime on Sunday so I am all in for a half day on the trail Sunday. And, I am always in for food and drink on Friday night plus any other night.. Thumbs Up

4" Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Smittybilt 9,500 Winch
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
2002 TJ Sahara w/Very Rusted Frame
BLACKHAWKJEEP
Forum User
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »

Going to see if I can stay in the Hampton Inn this time.
I'd be down for wings and soda or beer (whatever my brain tells me I need after a long day of wheeling)  Propellar Head

Rob that trail guide was nuts  Razz

3.5" Metal Cloak Rocksport Edition
35s Nitto Trail Grapplers
301 Method Wheels
Ox Locker

#TeamJeepGirls
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2019, 06:33:35 PM »

Friday night it is Garner....  Wings and good friends!

Cheers
Rob

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG ATs
next?

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2019, 06:36:56 PM »

Going to see if I can stay in the Hampton Inn this time.
I'd be down for wings and soda or beer (whatever my brain tells me I need after a long day of wheeling)  Propellar Head

Rob that trail guide was nuts  Razz

Absolutely Nucking Futs!.... but then again we all followed so that makes us?

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG ATs
next?

R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2019, 06:38:30 PM »

Donnie,
Sent an e-mail...
Cheers
Rob.

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG ATs
next?

R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2019, 09:27:54 AM »

Veeep,
Can we work  trail 20 into the mix? West  property just a little loop....

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG ATs
next?

R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2019, 10:54:25 AM »

Veeep,
Looks like we have a big group that is great news! Looking forward to all  attending.

For those who have been to Rausch Creek off road park  this will be old hat. For those who are new some info  for you.

Website  with trail maps: http://rc4x4.org/trail-system/ Don't get hung up on the color system. We have some greens  that test you skill and some blacks that are  not so black. The reds, well that is a different story they are a bit more challenging.  Stock JK/TJ will handle most anything short of RED trails, Stock JKU Blues to mild Blacks.  If you rig is lifted and has tires  most any trail is accessable. 

Phone apps: Maplets or  Maprika I use  the latter.  Load these on you cell phone and find the Rausch creek maps. Then use the cell phone app as a moving map for trail guidance.  You can load this app on  either Android or Apple products, cell phones or tablets.

All have to check in with the office passengers included.  If you are not a member of the park, you will have to join. Fine is $20.00 per year.

Rausch creek is a pay to play private park, the fine to play for the day is $50.00 per vehicle. You will be given a wrist band and a rig  sticker for the day both need to be displayed on you and your rig.

The trails range from  "bring a spare SD card" to "bring a trailer to get home" . The park is an old coal mine and associated area surrounding the old mine. Trails are well defined. West, South, East  property is rocky with some good mud holes The NE property is mostly green and blue  but the blues will get your attention. One trip we winched nearly every vehicle up a Blue trail.  Big Eyes Another  trip we drove  every vehicle thru a Black trail.... Dunno?  Most trails are two way, rarely are there traffic jams.

This time of year the trails could be snow covered, mix of ice and snow or just plain muddy. There are a few stream crossing creek/run-off  places on and around the trails.  Temps in that area are about 10-15 degrees colder than the local area around  DC.

Parking lot  is  big  gravel base, be respectful of others entering and leaving, if you are going to park  and ride  park away from the office.  Air is usually available  in the parking lot, there are several air stations and hoses for  airing up. Last trip up  these  were not functional  due to the cold. They should be sorted out by the March trip.

If you new,   ask questions!!!!!  Only stupid question is one not asked.  Few of us are pretty good  spotting  so if you need an extra set of eyes to clear a challenge  please  sing out.  No harm no foul and no shame to be on the winch at any point in the trip.  "Remember stupid we have to drive this home" is  in the front of my mind while  wheeling.

Cheers

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG ATs
next?

R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2019, 06:58:25 AM »

Donnie,
Add 01somws6 (Tom) to the mix. Built TJ winch, lift, comms, Spotter

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG ATs
next?

gravitywell
Forum User
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2019, 06:59:07 PM »

Do we plan on hitting any of the Badge of Honor trails?

2018 2 Door Wrangler JK - Willys W
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2019, 07:25:21 PM »

Badge of honor trails at Rausch are Trail 11, Crawler Ridge and Crawl Daddy... Green, blue and Red.  First two are easy runs... Last a bit more challenging and damage possiblity for under equiped rigs. Depending on Donnie, his ride, I will think about Crawl Daddy with a small group... Weather and talent dependent.

Cheers

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG ATs
next?

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2019, 08:42:26 PM »

Donnie,
Add 01somws6 (Tom) to the mix. Built TJ winch, lift, comms, Spotter

Done!

Jeepin_Donnie
Club Vice President
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2019, 09:11:54 PM »

Badge of honor trails at Rausch are Trail 11, Crawler Ridge and Crawl Daddy... Green, blue and Red.  First two are easy runs... Last a bit more challenging and damage possiblity for under equiped rigs. Depending on Donnie, his ride, I will think about Crawl Daddy with a small group... Weather and talent dependent.

Cheers

If it's a nice day I'd definitely like to do Crawl Daddy.

Depending on how many of us actually make the trip, I'm thinking we will need to split into 2 groups.  I'm sure both groups will tackle Trail 11 and Crawler Ridge so make sure you have your Badge of Honor app downloaded and ready.  I'll be reaching out to a few of you to get your thoughts on the level of trials you'd be comfortable with.  This weekend I'll post more about the ride as long as I'm feeling better.   Thumbs Up

R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2019, 11:05:56 PM »

Veeep,
Feel better soon 😷😷😷

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG ATs
next?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: