Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 06, 2019, 07:41:25 AM

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for an easy and fun trail to drive with the kids.  (Read 1525 times)
VTJEEP17
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 07:34:40 AM »

Peter's Mill is open but the tower road is still closed in some spots.  So you have to get to it from either the south portion by the Edinburg Gap lot on Rt 675 or coming from the east on 758 by little fort campground.  Was there this past weekend and the rains changed a large portion of the trail. 

Roger
Stock 17 JKU Chief Blue OM Edition
Huh...I didn't know it could do that.
ainokea
Forum User
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 04:47:56 PM »

Rapidan WMA
Not sure if Rapidan WPA and Rapidan fire road are the same or not but...

You can catch the fire road near Syria Va and take it most of the way up towards Camp Hoover. Really easy drive through the woods on gravel with a short hike and some history at the end. Seems like a pretty kid friendly excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rapidan fire road is in the Rapidan WMA Rapidan tract. The Rapidan WMA Middle Tract a few miles to the southwest also has a couple of Jeep trails.  

The fire road is super kid-friendly, with several places to stop and explore the river and cascades.

Wrangler#1811
Forum User
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2019, 04:17:56 PM »

The Rapidan Wildlife Management Area is close enough and we love the Shanandoah area.  Any chance anyone has the road or track marked on their iPhone so we can drive straight there? Or maybe a landmark I can look up on the phone? 

ainokea
Forum User
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2019, 06:36:00 PM »

I don't use 'smart phones' so I don't really know what you're asking.  Mr. Green  But use Criglersville, VA, as a landmark for directions, and then proceed north on the Old Blue Ridge Turnpike, hang left onto Quaker Run Road, keep going until you run out of pavement, take a dog leg up the hill past the last cabin, and keep on trucking. If my daughter doesn't have soccer, we may be up there next weekend to fish and look for bears.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: