Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
May 26, 2019, 03:06:27 AM

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New inspection stickers  (Read 444 times)
Rken1288
Forum User
« on: May 09, 2019, 08:59:45 PM »

I’m liking the new smaller size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave2002ti
Member 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 08:38:02 AM »

Probably makes it more difficult for LE.  With some of the craptastic vehicles with VA tags I have seen recently VA should return to safety inspections every six months with db checks for car, trucks, and especially motorcycles. No louder than 90dbs. Loud pipes dont save lifes.

Dave Apker

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 11:49:56 AM »

Probably makes it more difficult for LE.  With some of the craptastic vehicles with VA tags I have seen recently VA should return to safety inspections every six months with db checks for car, trucks, and especially motorcycles. No louder than 90dbs. Loud pipes dont save lifes.

Dave Apker

I understand what you are saying regarding 6 month inspections, but please no. Once a year is enough for me to go through this.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
zuke
Forum User
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 12:18:46 PM »

Dave Apker

I saw far less 'crap' running around the street when I lived in states with no inspections... what it takes is State Police with a road side inspection program that has teeth (before someone says it Maryland Roadside has no teeth)... You've only got to walk home from your dangerous junk on the side of the road once before you figure that one out.

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
Rken1288
Forum User
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »

Dave Apker

I saw far less 'crap' running around the street when I lived in states with no inspections... what it takes is State Police with a road side inspection program that has teeth (before someone says it Maryland Roadside has no teeth)... You've only got to walk home from your dangerous junk on the side of the road once before you figure that one out.
I think there is already enough regulations in VA....once a year is more than enough.

You must have never lived in South Florida.....you see some real interesting vehicles on the road (no inspections there)

zuke
Forum User
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 04:24:44 PM »

I think there is already enough regulations in VA....once a year is more than enough.

You must have never lived in South Florida.....you see some real interesting vehicles on the road (no inspections there)

Oh, I remember a lot of strange stuff on the roads in Ohio when I lived there with no inspections, (I ran some interesting stuff, Like streetable Sandrails) But If the State Boys pulled you over, and found what you were driving was unsafe, you couldn't drive it away. So people mostly kept their stuff safe.

In Virginia, I see so much stuff running on the road with antique and farm tags that scares me, I don't know what the point of the inspection program even is..

John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE
mikeJKUR
Forum User
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 04:40:13 PM »

Very happy we have state inspection here. You can always tell when you are in a state that does not do yearly inspection.

Wish emissions was state wide.

dave2002ti
Member 2019
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 05:23:43 PM »

Va used have them twice a year until 1976 or 1977 I believe.

Farm vehicles by law have to stay with 75 miles of their farm.

And we need db checks on vehicles and especially bikes!!!!

Dave Apker

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »

Got my new sticker installed today   Glad it is smaller, but would like it at the bottom of the windshield.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

VTJEEP17
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 10:47:09 AM »

New sticker this week.  Lucked out as there was no line at the Glade Road Exxon in Reston.   Found out they have an inspection camera on top of the garage that shows the waiting line. 

Roger
Stock 17 JKU Chief Blue OM Edition
Huh...I didn't know it could do that.
jrussbowman
Forum User
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 06:52:44 PM »

I got the April ones, I'm the envy of potheads across VA

AZVAJKU
Forum User
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 06:56:11 PM »

Dave Apker

Most inspection programs are more about  $$revenue$$  than safety or clean air.  I have lived in several states without safety inspections and VA is no safer with these inspections, believe me.

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 07:22:19 PM »

I got the April ones, I'm the envy of potheads across VA

OMG. I did not even think about that. I guess I shouldn’t have waited for the end of the month to fail.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Rken1288
Forum User
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 12:06:24 PM »

overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 12:13:23 PM »

he he he

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: