Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
August 21, 2019, 03:13:53 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost mega squirt email. S&S classic jeep next to door  (Read 312 times)
nosigma
Committee: Trail Rides
« on: June 01, 2019, 07:00:02 PM »

The gentleman that was parked next to the door in classic jeep line up, green cm with a stroke, tried to send me an email link regarding mega squirt.  I did not get the email
  I need to get back in touch with him. Any help appeeciated.

John

VirginiaZJ "Frank, Stop. Don't come down here"
Somebody: "Is John in a predicament?"
VirginiaZJ "The front of his Jeep is facing me now"
Somebody: "Yeah, I guess that's a predicament"

Quote overhead
Thought I saw nosigma at eastern mountain sports but it turns out the guys xj had been sideswiped
sticksout
Club Secretary
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 08:53:21 PM »

The gentleman that was parked next to the door in classic jeep line up, green cm with a stroke, tried to send me an email link regarding mega squirt.  I did not get the email
  I need to get back in touch with him. Any help appeeciated.

John

Hey John

That was RattleTrap55, aka Garner.

PS. Thanks for all your help in the ring today!

2001 TJ Sahara - black
nosigma
Committee: Trail Rides
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 04:02:36 AM »

Thank you.  We got in touch.

Re ring.  Your welcome.  There were a bunch of people working the ring this year that made it very easy.  The cars folded up nicely so we didn't have any bad stucks or carnage other than my front locker which refused to engage.  RTI ramp went really well.  

The only changes I would suggest are subtle:
1) set the RTI ramp at a 45 degree angle to the fence so spectators can see the skids, suspension and underbody modes.  90% of the mods are only visible underneath.

2) the ORI ramp was damaged when ORI loaded it up so it was not as stable as it should have been and could only be used with the driver front on the ramp.  If they dont fix it we need to use another ramp next year....which leads to....

3) A 30 degree ramp (Big Dogs or Chaos) is a better ramp for modified vehicles.  An RTI ramp is a diagnostic tool, the score is fun but unimportant.  The steeper ramp better represents medium to large off road obstacles and more importantly it flexes out the front end faster.  The steeper ramp transfers weight to the rear faster so the rig isn't rear traction limited before it flexes out and lifts off.  The fronts almost always flex better so on a 30 degree ramp you get a better look at front tire to fender clearance, brake line length and proper shock length without sacrificing rear flex,  all four corners get wrung out better on a 30 degree ramp.  Very helpful for evaluating mods done and what needs to be done next.  The 30 degree ramp is especially helpful for long wheel base vehicles like JKU's, LJ or XJ  which spin a rear due to lack of weight transfer on a 20 degree ramp instead of being flexed out as would happen on a 30 degree ramp.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:37:15 AM by nosigma »

VirginiaZJ "Frank, Stop. Don't come down here"
Somebody: "Is John in a predicament?"
VirginiaZJ "The front of his Jeep is facing me now"
Somebody: "Yeah, I guess that's a predicament"

Quote overhead
Thought I saw nosigma at eastern mountain sports but it turns out the guys xj had been sideswiped
sticksout
Club Secretary
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 06:43:54 PM »

Thank you.  We got in touch.

Re ring.  Your welcome.  There were a bunch of people working the ring this year that made it very easy.  The cars folded up nicely so we didn't have any bad stucks or carnage other than my front locker which refused to engage.  RTI ramp went really well.  

The only changes I would suggest are subtle:
1) set the RTI ramp at a 45 degree angle to the fence so spectators can see the skids, suspension and underbody modes.  90% of the mods are only visible underneath.

2) the ORI ramp was damaged when ORI loaded it up so it was not as stable as it should have been and could only be used with the driver front on the ramp.  If they dont fix it we need to use another ramp next year....which leads to....

3) A 30 degree ramp (Big Dogs or Chaos) is a better ramp for modified vehicles.  An RTI ramp is a diagnostic tool, the score is fun but unimportant.  The steeper ramp better represents medium to large off road obstacles and more importantly it flexes out the front end faster.  The steeper ramp transfers weight to the rear faster so the rig isn't rear traction limited before it flexes out and lifts off.  The fronts almost always flex better so on a 30 degree ramp you get a better look at front tire to fender clearance, brake line length and proper shock length without sacrificing rear flex,  all four corners get wrung out better on a 30 degree ramp.  Very helpful for evaluating mods done and what needs to be done next.  The 30 degree ramp is especially helpful for long wheel base vehicles like JKU's, LJ or XJ  which spin a rear due to lack of weight transfer on a 20 degree ramp instead of being flexed out as would happen on a 30 degree ramp.

Good to know, thanks

2001 TJ Sahara - black
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: