Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 08, 2019, 01:34:58 PM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TJ Soft Top Replacement Thoughts  (Read 521 times)
mopar31898
Member 2019
« on: July 04, 2019, 11:56:22 AM »

Hey all,

I have a 2006 Jeep TJ with the original factory soft top.  My windows are finally starting to tear a little bit so I am looking into if I want to just replace the windows or go with a whole new top.  I decided whatever I do, I will likely go with a Bestop brand top or windows.

If there is anyone out there with a TJ that has an opinion on what they did with a replacement top, I would like to hear your opinion.

My initial thoughts are:

1. Just replace the windows with new tinted replacement windows.

2. Possibly go with the Bestop frameless top.  I have seen mixed reviews on them so I thought maybe someone on here would have a real world opinion.  It does have the sunrider option which would be nice but sounds like it is harder to get up and down completely than a stock style.

3.  I thought about replacing the entire top on the current factory frame because it is in good shape.

4.  Last, I thought about getting an all new top and frame but upgrade the frame to the sunrider top to make it easier to flip open for short trips.

I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Runner
Member 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 02:05:45 PM »

I'm a fan of the factory frame and look.  I've had two tops from these folks and you can't beat the price.  The fit isn't as good as the factory top, but it's a fantastic top for the money. The second link is a sailcloth top, no upper doors, for $150!

https://www.autotopsdirect.com/replacement-jeep-wrangler-tops-s/11424.htm

https://www.autotopsdirect.com/Jeep-Wrangler-Sailcloth-Soft-Top-p/10-40-tj20306-21.htm

2004 LJ, 1999 TJ Sporticon - "Owning a Jeep is a sickness. However, it's one I'll gladly endure!"
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: