Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 14, 2019, 02:51:38 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today? - June 2019  (Read 5348 times)
ainokea
Forum User
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2019, 10:23:03 AM »

Rented a lift bay and fluid filmed all the things. 

And in the process, learned that, holy moly, there was way more debris and grass caked in various nooks, crannies, and joints than I ever expected.

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2019, 07:55:30 PM »

Got the Willys running again. It was odd that it worked fine at the Show & Shine but after putting it in the garage that night I have not been able to start it. It was a combination of things, but mainly weak spark due to a lack of grounds, and then a flooded engine causing low compression. Thanks to some help from others, including a lot from 02tj and Dave (HawaiiCJ), all is right in the world again.

Fingers crossed for an uneventful day of driving it around Loudoun County tomorrow.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2019, 05:27:18 PM »

Beautiful day for a successful drive around the back roads of Loudoun county

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

RFH_98TJ
Member 2019
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2019, 09:19:23 AM »

That is so cool!  And what a great day for it too! Cheers

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2019, 09:36:41 AM »

were you with a guy names Rus?

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
RattleTrap55
Member 2019
84 CJ7
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2019, 09:59:16 AM »

Well it is not my Jeep, but I helped remove the rear leaf springs from a 91 XJ yesterday, golly that took most of the tools from two garages and all day to accomplish.

First problem was the rear shackle bolts could not be removed because someone put a gas tank in the way, Chrysler engineers, maybe?  Dunno? So those had to be cut in half to allow us to remove them. Next came the forward leaf spring mounting bolts. This required a cutoff wheel or 6, an air chisel, utility knife, vise grips, a big impact wrench, PB Blaster, and a lot of heat (MAP gas heat).

We began by cutting the leaf spring as close as we could to the spring eye leaving just the spring eye, bushing, an bolt attached to the Jeep. Then the bolt was heated until its head was red, this soften the lock tight on the bolt/captive nut in the frame allowing us to rotate the bolt & spring eye 170 degrees. Next, we cut the spring eye so that it could be removed in two halves with a cutoff wheel and an air chisel.  This left a rubber bushing with a steel sleeve surrounding it. More cutoff wheels and the air chisel where required to remove the metal sleeve. Now it is time for the utility knife to cut the rubber bushing so it could be removed. Finally, we were down to a bolt with a metal sleeve around it. Once again, the air chisel, PB blaster, heat, and a big impact wrench was all that was needed to remove the bolt.

Once side removed, now repeat.

4" Lift on 33's
4.2L w/HESCO MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300
Smittybilt 9,500 Winch
Spartan Locker

2018 JKU - box stock
2002 TJ Sahara w/Very Rusted Frame
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2019, 11:32:44 AM »

were you with a guy names Rus?

No sir. Merlin, Taimur, Javier and myself.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

jrussbowman
Forum User
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2019, 08:46:48 PM »

Finally got the last of the stuff out of the back after our 3 week, 8000 mile road trip.

Jeepsnbuses
Member 2019
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2019, 06:45:17 PM »

The move from 3.07 to 4.10 is complete. In a whole new world of gearing now! The power is intoxicating!

WWW Logged

2002 TJ Sport
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam
highlandercj-7
Member 2019
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2019, 12:07:30 PM »

Just too possession of my new stainless twin sticks for the CJ  Cool now to make time to install them. I hope it cures my lack of 4 low.

HighlanderCJ-7
RFH_98TJ
Member 2019
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2019, 07:37:44 AM »

I let the glorious long thunderstorm we had yesterday totally clean and rinse the inside of the Jeep.  Well, actually, it wasn't "supposed" to rain, so I just keep an eye on the little dark cloud that was slowly forming up.  It started dripping for a few minutes so I threw a towel over the seat/steering wheel and covered up my table saw I was using outside with a towel too.  Went inside to look at the radar - no big deal, maybe 10 more minutes.  Then all hell broke loose outside.  Hurricane winds started, horrendous downpour, lightening, and finally hail.  Tree parts were going everywhere!  I threw a small tarp with bungees over the Jeep and unplugged the saw.  I ran back in to watch the radar reports and they kept explain how they missed the storms and that they were expanding and back-filling.  We got hit in in Lorton at the far end of the County.  I guess the river really through up some water vapor for it.  I noticed after about 10 minutes looking through the window, the tarp was sagging in.  I ran out with a level to prop it up so water would drain.  That's when I had to laugh - the tarp was not waterproof!  I pushed it up and it poured all over me too.  It rained for about 2 hours or more as the stationary cloud parked on top of us.  After it finally stopped I pulled the plugs to let the more than 3" of water drain out.  Wet ride to work this morning.  I laid the mats under the Jeep and propped the carpet up here and there to hopefully let it dry in the 90 degree temp we should get today.

I'm still amazed by the comedy of errors as I sit at my desk with wet clothes from the ride in this morning.  At least it wasn't mud....

Cheers

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2019
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2019, 08:37:47 AM »

I let the glorious long thunderstorm we had yesterday totally clean and rinse the inside of the Jeep.  Well, actually, it wasn't "supposed" to rain, so I just keep an eye on the little dark cloud that was slowly forming up.  It started dripping for a few minutes so I threw a towel over the seat/steering wheel and covered up my table saw I was using outside with a towel too.  Went inside to look at the radar - no big deal, maybe 10 more minutes.  Then all hell broke loose outside.  Hurricane winds started, horrendous downpour, lightening, and finally hail.  Tree parts were going everywhere!  I threw a small tarp with bungees over the Jeep and unplugged the saw.  I ran back in to watch the radar reports and they kept explain how they missed the storms and that they were expanding and back-filling.  We got hit in in Lorton at the far end of the County.  I guess the river really through up some water vapor for it.  I noticed after about 10 minutes looking through the window, the tarp was sagging in.  I ran out with a level to prop it up so water would drain.  That's when I had to laugh - the tarp was not waterproof!  I pushed it up and it poured all over me too.  It rained for about 2 hours or more as the stationary cloud parked on top of us.  After it finally stopped I pulled the plugs to let the more than 3" of water drain out.  Wet ride to work this morning.  I laid the mats under the Jeep and propped the carpet up here and there to hopefully let it dry in the 90 degree temp we should get today.

I'm still amazed by the comedy of errors as I sit at my desk with wet clothes from the ride in this morning.  At least it wasn't mud....

Cheers

Nice.  I came close to falling victim here as well...was moments away from climbing into my Jeep for a test drive and would've been caught soaked out on the road.  Keep large trash bags in your glove compartment!

WWW Logged

2002 TJ Sport
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam
sticksout
Club Secretary
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2019, 10:28:22 AM »

Mounted my flagpole  O Say Can You See

2001 TJ Sahara - black
gravitywell
Forum User
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2019, 08:18:16 PM »

Installed Bartact seat covers and Kentrol hood latches. Also ordered a Metalcloak adjustable front track bar.

2018 2 Door Wrangler JK - Willys W
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: