Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
November 19, 2019, 06:01:05 PM

Linked Events
  • Camp Heep: August 31, 2019
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camp Heep  (Read 15722 times)
R3
Committee: Trail Rides
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 10:09:02 AM »

need to be gentle on the skinny pedal my friend.

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
EVO long arms and King Coil overs
37 BFG KM3
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 10:47:27 AM »

need to be gentle on the skinny pedal my friend.

Agreed. Which is why I got the 4 to 1 t case. It should help me crawl without having to throttle out. Then the lockers will come.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Scubalitt
Member 2019 VA4WD
2018 JL and 2005 X
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 06:26:05 PM »

Sign me up!! Will be my first one, very excited going to bring my two teenagers for first time out to introduce them to the Jeepín world. Very excited, still rookish-so be nice to use semi-newbies.

Runner
Member 2019
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 08:56:23 PM »

Yes. 1310s. The new t-case O got has the U-bolt style yokes, so hopefully that will help for those. My straps twisted on a couple of them last summer.

Dain,

Here's an easy and cheap fix for this problem:

https://www.jeeptech.com/axle/aub.html

The CJs are a little different, but I've done this on numerous TJs and it eliminates the strap problem.  I believe the part numbers may be different for your application, but here's what I did on my TJ.

2004 LJ, 1999 TJ Sporticon - "Owning a Jeep is a sickness. However, it's one I'll gladly endure!"
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 09:10:35 PM »

Yes. 1310s. The new t-case O got has the U-bolt style yokes, so hopefully that will help for those. My straps twisted on a couple of them last summer.

Dain,

Here's an easy and cheap fix for this problem:

https://www.jeeptech.com/axle/aub.html

The CJs are a little different, but I've done this on numerous TJs and it eliminates the strap problem.  I believe the part numbers may be different for your application, but here's what I did on my TJ.

Those are exactly what I am going to use for the yokes on the t case. To do the ones on the axles, it would require either swapping the yokes or drilling them out. And there is not a whole lot of room on one of them. So for now only the t case yokes will get the u bolt style you showed. Thanks.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Runner
Member 2019
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 06:55:34 AM »

Those are exactly what I am going to use for the yokes on the t case. To do the ones on the axles, it would require either swapping the yokes or drilling them out. And there is not a whole lot of room on one of them. So for now only the t case yokes will get the u bolt style you showed. Thanks.

The TJ yokes have a similar issue.  You can either replace or drill them out.  Since replacing them is more time consuming and costly, I used a 5/16 drill bit on mine.  The other issue you may run into is there isn't enough room on the backside to install the washer and nut.  On the TJs this is because the yoke tapers down to where the straps come through the yoke.  To fix this problem I used carbide bits to clearance the yoke.  There was plenty of material there, so I wasn't worried about removing some.  I used a kit like this, which has many other uses as well!

https://www.amazon.com/OSIDU-Tungsten-Carbide-Grinder-Polishing/dp/B0759PD2ND/ref=sr_1_14?crid=3T7H5UNBGJ8QH&keywords=carbide+bit+die+grinder&qid=1562154284&s=gateway&sprefix=carbide+bit+%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-14

2004 LJ, 1999 TJ Sporticon - "Owning a Jeep is a sickness. However, it's one I'll gladly endure!"
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 07:02:34 AM »

The CJ has the same issue on the front. So I will probably do this at some point.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

highlandercj-7
Member 2019
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 08:41:03 AM »

Pre-1981 CJ's used the U-bolt yokes fromt he factory so you can source them there. Also: Dana 30's, 44's and 300's use the same size yokes. AMC 20s and Dana35s use the same size yoke (there may be a need to remove the dust shield.) This is the reason I carry one of each in my trail spares box. Also I would say about 95% of the time when you break a U-joint in a strapped version, it snaps bolts and/or the ear off the yoke that holds the U-joint caps in place.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:43:57 AM by highlandercj-7 »

HighlanderCJ-7
R3
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2019, 02:54:34 PM »

Now back to camp heep

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
EVO long arms and King Coil overs
37 BFG KM3
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
BlueKJ
Member 2019
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2019, 03:34:54 PM »

I plan on making it this year since I missed last year. Have a couple things that need done to the Jeep first though like replacing a blown coilover. Should have plenty of time to get it all done.

overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2019, 10:53:58 AM »

Hey guys, the sign up is members only, so please go here to sign up. http://novajeepers.net/index.php?topic=30688.0

Any questions let me know!

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2019, 07:32:52 PM »

So who decided to have Camp Heep on Labor Day Weekend, which just happens to be one of the busiest travel weekends of the year?!?  AAA Mid-Atlantic expects 3.2 million from the Washington, D.C. area alone.  I may seem argumentative, but I am not trying to be.  I simply don't understand the logic behind this date.  Hasn't Camp Heep always been late July/early August.  Now, let me have it.  But make points and sense in your rebuttal!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:06:18 PM by DAMTALL »

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear), Teraflex HD hinge tire carrier, SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.
cwkann
WC, VRC, EC
Winchester, VA
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 07:46:16 AM »

So who decided to have Camp Heep on Labor Day Weekend, which just happens to be one of the busiest travel weekends of the year?!?  AAA Mid-Atlantic expects 3.2 million from the Washington, D.C. area alone.  I may seem argumentative, but I am not trying to be.  I simply don't understand the logic behind this date.  Hasn't Camp Heep always been late July/early August.  Now, let me have it.  But make points and sense in your rebuttal!

Good point.  It also is after kids go back to school negating many from attending.

'03 Rubicon- 4.5" RE LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton steering, Teraflex Swaybar system, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff...
highlandercj-7
Member 2019
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 08:13:20 AM »

I hear ya. Plus I would expect Raush to be busy as well with the Holiday.  Thumbs Up

HighlanderCJ-7
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 08:47:52 AM »

It was decided based on Rausch availability and the complaints from years past about being either to early in the July / August time line or to late being in September. The logic was that with a holiday weekend more people would be able to take the family, bring the kids from college, the college kids would have a little longer to take off to come up and the that while rausch may be busy, we're not competing with other major events that pock mark the calendar around it. We're far enough out from TATAs, Built to Heal, and the other big things that this could be a culmination cap for the season.

If you disagree with the thought patterns I encourage you to sign up for the TRC, or run for one of the officer positions that have run unopposed the last few elections.  I appreciate the feed back.

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: