Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
July 21, 2019, 11:49:11 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what did you do to your Jeep today? July 2019  (Read 1063 times)
ogre45
Member 2019
Winchester,VA
« on: July 06, 2019, 05:23:23 AM »

Took all the trash out of the Jeepster. It has been used as storage space lately.

Alex
1969 Jeepster Commando 2in lift, always in work
2018 JKU Golden Eagle,Teraflex leveling kit
DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 01:52:39 PM »

I'm driving over bumps in the road trying to locate a rattle.  I'm thinking it may be my rear sway bar link.  Ugh!  Apartment life sucks!  ROTFL

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear with tire carrier), SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.
Tracer
Member 2019
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 02:51:38 PM »

Installed a set of XG Cargo Gama storage bags that velcro mount to a bar that goes on the roll bar using an existing top bolt and u clamp around the bottom post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tracer ~ Marc Lipp

JKU Sahara 2016 Tank Green
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 04:45:26 PM »

Installed a set of XG Cargo Gama storage bags that velcro mount to a bar that goes on the roll bar using an existing top bolt and u clamp around the bottom post.

Those look nice. To they block any usable view?

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

2015 JKU - Completely stock - Family mobile
Tracer
Member 2019
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 11:26:59 PM »

Not at all.  Actually hold quite a bit of gear and quick detach if you want to  pull them out.

Tracer ~ Marc Lipp

JKU Sahara 2016 Tank Green
JC123
Forum User
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 01:27:26 PM »

Installed new speakers. Polk DB4642s in the front and DB5222s in the sound bar.

dave2002ti
Member 2019
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 05:01:05 PM »

Was coming back from our herding lesson on I66E and a state trooper was running radar in the median between the FFX/PWC line and Rt 29.  I was in the center lane and I got a really dirty look from the old trooper. I guess I was just under 73mph. Now I am not sure how Trooper Sparky was going to hustle back to his car and get buckled in and come after me and catch me before I took the exit for 29E those Tauruses just aint that fast. Yeah I did consider trying to outrun him since I could have lost by diving into the shopping center right off Rt 29. Bought back thoughts of the glory days outrunning FCPD on the back roads of Clifton and Burke in various VWs and my old 3 series track day car.

Hey its a holiday weekend and I knew the revenue agents were out so I was watching my speed and I know where they run radar on I66E. Just hope the poor old guy didn't have to sprint to his car to give chase since he may had to medevaced to FFX hospital.

Dave Apker

RFH_98TJ
Member 2018
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 07:41:54 AM »

Burned he serpentine belt off this morning in a matter of seconds.  Now I'm relegated to using our minivan.  It's as if the pulley is tight against the housing.  Not sure what really happened until I pull it off.  I parked it working fine, went on vacation until this morning, and now I need a new belt and probably a new alt.  Just love Jeep life.....

98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 33s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, more stuff to come

- Frank
Jeepsnbuses
Member 2019
The seller and trader of many things.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 10:25:11 AM »

Installed my 36-tooth speedo gear this morning, and also diagnosing a clunking noise I'm hearing when coming off throttle.  Trans mount is new and motor mounts are good, as are the front U-joints.  It's slight, but there does seem to be some play in the likely OE rear driveshaft U-joints.  Being as they are the originals, I'm having a heck of a time knocking the old ones out.

Anyone in the Reston area have a standalone press that I could borrow?  If not, a large vise would probably work.  Hammering away on two blocks of wood on my floor isn't giving me the power I need...

2002 TJ Sport
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam
overhead
Club President
Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 10:36:10 AM »

Installed my 36-tooth speedo gear this morning, and also diagnosing a clunking noise I'm hearing when coming off throttle.  Trans mount is new and motor mounts are good, as are the front U-joints.  It's slight, but there does seem to be some play in the likely OE rear driveshaft U-joints.  Being as they are the originals, I'm having a heck of a time knocking the old ones out.

Anyone in the Reston area have a standalone press that I could borrow?  If not, a large vise would probably work.  Hammering away on two blocks of wood on my floor isn't giving me the power I need...

HEAT HEAT HEAT
and pb blaster.

The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.
highlandercj-7
Member 2019
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 10:40:21 AM »

A large socket under around 1.25” and one on top approx 1/2”dr x3/4” will create a press. Smash it on concrete with a BFH.

HighlanderCJ-7
Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 11:04:36 AM »

A large socket under around 1.25” and one on top approx 1/2”dr x3/4” will create a press. Smash it on concrete with a BFH.

This method has worked for me as well. At home or on the trails. Of course I used the bench and vice at Rausch last year.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Gr8Dain
BOD
I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 11:07:52 AM »

Tuesday night I hit a raised manhole and the rear wheel came off the ground a little. Then I heard a loud clunk when it landed and a horrible grinding noise as the wheel rotated all the way home. Took the drum off to see the adjusting screw at the top and the clip that rests against it to adjust the screw was ground to crap. So I used the spare parts I had from April to get myself going and purchased a full set of parts (left and right) to swap out the screw this weekend.

And then I started researching disc brake conversions.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

highlandercj-7
Member 2019
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 12:21:17 PM »

LOL, that's why I told you I always have a spare set on hand. It's always something Dain.  Cheers

For what the Disc conversion costs, I would consider getting a replacement D44 with discs already on it. No need to waste even more $ on a AMC20's weak axle housing. With the costs of gears, locker, shafts, and a disc conversion you are at the price of a D44.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:24:13 PM by highlandercj-7 »

HighlanderCJ-7
Jeep Freak
Website Committee/TRC
BOD
Jeep Jedi
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 04:37:56 PM »

Tuesday night I hit a raised manhole and the rear wheel came off the ground a little. Then I heard a loud clunk when it landed and a horrible grinding noise as the wheel rotated all the way home. Took the drum off to see the adjusting screw at the top and the clip that rests against it to adjust the screw was ground to crap. So I used the spare parts I had from April to get myself going and purchased a full set of parts (left and right) to swap out the screw this weekend.

And then I started researching disc brake conversions.

what rear axle do you have again?

'93 YJ SOA on 36s
'13 JKUR
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: